ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Kermit Davis dispels rumors about Memphis head coaching job

Um not that I think he is going anywhere, but those comments don't dispel anything...

Um not that I think he is going anywhere, but those comments don't dispel anything...

I don't think so, but that was the Sidelines headline.

Then there's this, FWIW, from Joe Biddle, one of the Nashville Sports media folks, I've not had much respect for, for going on four decades now, so I don't know how accurate or inaccurate this is:

excerpt:

...Memphis coach Josh Pastner cut ties with the Tigers and accepted the Georgia Tech offer to take over the Yellow Jackets program.

MTSU coach Kermit Davis was one of the first names to surface on the Memphis list.

They have had preliminary meetings, but no word on how serious either side is. At the best Kermit will get hired there. At the worst, MTSU should re-work his contract to avoid other schools from coming after him.

Beating 2-seed Michigan State in the NCAA Tournament was enough to beef up his credentials.....

Yeah...him not commenting on a job usually means he has at least talked to them, if not more.

Kermit has done a good job the past couple of years but Memphis needs a WOW hire right now to re-energize the lost customers from the past 2 years under Pastner.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT