ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Is Spring practice going on?

No... In an interview a month or so ago Stock said that they need to practice more than have a spring game

This would be a total failure to take advantage of an opportunity if they did cancel the spring game. If anything the football team needs more exposure to the community and not less.

Actually play a game instead of glorified drills, host contests to win tickets and other MT swag, get the wing fling back on the same day, have a meet and greet with staff and players, get the clearance sale going like once before, maybe even get some bounce houses and other kid friendly events to get families to come out that might not already be interested in MT. Lots of things you could do to make this an “event” of sorts. Could even try to sell some season tickets and BRAA memberships as well.... wishful thinking...

This would be a total failure to take advantage of an opportunity if they did cancel the spring game. If anything the football team needs more exposure to the community and not less.

Actually play a game instead of glorified drills, host contests to win tickets and other MT swag, get the wing fling back on the same day, have a meet and greet with staff and players, get the clearance sale going like once before, maybe even get some bounce houses and other kid friendly events to get families to come out that might not already be interested in MT. Lots of things you could do to make this an “event” of sorts. Could even try to sell some season tickets and BRAA memberships as well.... wishful thinking...

Don't you get it, everything is about them. Our FB program has no idea about "creating" and "sustaining" fans. They operate in this bubble and all of us are on the outside. Look, I love MT football and I will be at every home game because its a family tradition and I love my school. But I feel so outside of the actual team and its leaders.

Never understood not having Wing Fling and the Spring Game on the same date anymore.

Taking it further, even when they did coincide, why not have Wing Fling INSIDE Floyd Stadium. Plenty of space in the concourses. People get wings and football in the same place. A match made in heaven.

Get that beer flowing in there and it'd probably turn into a pretty damn profitable event.

But what do I know..

How do we not have a big weekend event planned this spring? Like a True Blue Weekend - coordinate a home softball/baseball series / women's spring soccer game / T&F/ Tennis, everything scheduled around the spring football game & wing fling?

Make it a huge weekend, almost like a spring homecoming, have college open houses for perspective/incoming Fall students - you can make this a real spring showcase weekend. Work CNM to death shaking hands, throwing out first pitches, and introducing himself all over campus. Maybe a concert, something.

I don't get how we miss opportunities like this. I would say this is an original idea, but I am basically stealing from other universities I attended/worked for.

I heard that there is a scrimmage this Friday vs TTU at home starting at 6:00-6:30. Haven't heard if it's open to the public or not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT