ADVERTISEMENT

I hope these guys are right about bowl projections

FranklinRaider315

Hall of Famer
Jun 24, 2009
Franklin, TN
Last edited:
If we get Hawaii, we got a good shot at winning it. I'd take that. WMU was a horrible draw last year and we were beat to crap then. Now we don't even have a QB but now we'd have about a month to heal up and maybe get Stock back. I say bring it.

If we get Hawaii, we got a good shot at winning it. I'd take that. WMU was a horrible draw last year and we were beat to crap then. Now we don't even have a QB but now we'd have about a month to heal up and maybe get Stock back. I say bring it.

We've got to get a win here.

It's time we start winning important games.

WMU loss doesn't look so bad now that they're undefeated and on a roll.

But taken with the recent tendency to roll over and play dead in bowls (1-4 with an average loss margin of 16 points) - we've got to have some kind of positive momentum going into the offseason. It'll help recruiting, it'll build some excitement for next year.

We need to give people something more to be proud of than "well, we scored lots of points vs FAU that one time".

WKU-Memphis would be fun. Last one scores wins.
We would have a very good chance of a win in Hawaii. Great reward for the players.
If the Toppers are bound for Boca then I'm pulling for WKU to beat LaTech tomorrow. That could finally give Memphis a shot at a mythical CUSA Championship (after the fact.) Thanks again, Tommy West for nine years of pure mediocrity.

Overall: (49-61) CUSA: (32-39)
Bowls: (2-3) Wins: UNT 27-17 and Akron 38-31. Losses: Bowling Green 52-35, FAU 44-27 and USF 41-14

Is this a familiar trend?

Last edited:
If WKU wins tomorrow, they will beat Memphis. It will be great game but that offense is dialed in right now.

Really? You're starting to sound a lot like "coffee" over at the other place. In the Spring he always wants MT fans to get behind the school on West End's baseball team as they enter the playoffs.

If Brohm is coaching, I'll be waiting to see you in the Surender Cobra by the 4th quarter on TV. I bet Brohm is gone by Monday though. I'll be shocked if he's not.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Thanks. All the Tennessee institutions of higher learning still playing Football should be pulling for each other this bowl season.

I doubt I have ever disagreed more with a statement on this board. I hope Memphis, Vandy, and UTK never win another game in any sport, unless it directly helps MT in some direct, tangible way.

The best thing that could happen at a WKU - Memphis Boca Raton Bowl is that we learn FAU stadium was built on a giant, stadium-size sink hole at kickoff.

I doubt I have ever disagreed more with a statement on this board. I hope Memphis, Vandy, and UTK never win another game in any sport, unless it directly helps MT in some direct, tangible way.

The best thing that could happen at a WKU - Memphis Boca Raton Bowl is that we learn FAU stadium was built on a giant, stadium-size sink hole at kickoff.
C'mon man, it's the Christmas season.

like%20bomb_zpsaqvum6bf.jpg

"F" 'em all...

WKU and Memphis in Boca 12/20

MT and Hawaii in Honolulu 12/24

Someone please tell me what is the incentive to win a Conf. Championship when "Official" party, coaches and team get a Bahamas vacation last year and a Hawaii vacation this year? Honolulu on Christmas Eve. SMH. Fans get the shaft again. And the department is supposedly in dire financial straits?

Last edited:
Bowl matchups

New Mexico: UTSA vs New Mexico
New Orleans: USM vs Louisiana-Lafayette
Boca Raton: WKU vs Memphis
Bahamas: Old Dominion vs Eastern Michigan
Armed Forces: La Tech vs Navy
Hawaii: Middle Tennessee vs Hawaii
Dallas: North Texas vs Army

Seven C-USA teams
5-7 North Texas gets sent all the way across Dallas to play in the HOD bowl. Shades of #2001

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
What fan can travel to New Mexico, Boca or New Orleans a week before Christmas? Whining about this is so dumb. None of these bowls are easy travel. Maybe Boca. Just watch the freakin game in your jam jams and Go Blue!!!

New Orleans is probably the one city that I wouldn't want to go to. Lived in that crime riden city. You more likely to get mugged or possibly shot than any other city. Chicago crime is in a specific area, as Nola is all over the city, they don't value life in that city. Lived there and will never go back. I can drunk in my house and not worry about that dude following me and trying to harm me

In anticipation of Topper fans flying down, Southwest has already jacked up the fares yesterday from BNA to FLL. 3x what I booked mine for less than two weeks ago.

Well, Memphis will have this in the bag. Brohm is gone and he's taking everybody with him. Hollow bowl game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT