Louisiana Tech vs (25) Navy #LTvsNAVY,
Friday 12/23/16 - 3:30pm (ESPN)

** HAWAI'I BOWL **
Hawai'i vs Middle Tennessee #HAWvsMTSU,
Saturday 12/24/16 - 7pm (ESPN)

** ZAXBY'S HEART OF DALLAS BOWL **
Army vs North Texas #ARMYvsUNT,
Tuesday 12/27/16 - 11am (ESPN)

Memphis got loaded up on alright. Don't ever say jack about our defense. Memphis allowed 51 points in regulation and lost by 3 TD's. We held them to 30 in regulation and only lost by a point.

It was a pleasure watching Murder City choke hard against an interim coach. LOL.

Anyone else remember WKU fans talking about how they're gonna run the Sun Belt when they were making the move up? We all laughed because we thought they were gonna be in for hard times like we experienced making the move to FBS football.

Looks like their fans weren't so far off base afterall. Must be nice having coaches that can deliver multiple championships when you have not even played big boy football for a decade. This year they finish with a CUSA championship, bowl game win, and 11 total wins. Must be nice being a Tops fan.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Memphis looked like the team that had lost their coach instead of wku. I thought it was embarrassing for the CUSA Champion to play the bottom of the barrel bowl eligible AAC team. CUSA Champion should always be up against the best opponent our conference Bowl tie-ins allow for. Memphis was a completely unworthy bowl opponent for the CUSA champion.

Last edited:
Reactions: MTTim
They have a few fans that are really good and accept when they are beat. A lot of them have an over inflated view of themselves.
I agree Space. Our champ should probably play the AAC or MWC champ as our top 2-3 teams are very comparable to theirs.

Anyone else remember WKU fans talking about how they're gonna run the Sun Belt when they were making the move up? We all laughed because we thought they were gonna be in for hard times like we experienced making the move to FBS football.

Looks like their fans weren't so far off base afterall. Must be nice having coaches that can deliver multiple championships when you have not even played big boy football for a decade. This year they finish with a CUSA championship, bowl game win, and 11 total wins. Must be nice being a Tops fan.

Being the hated rivals, I'm not much of one to give WKU and their fans much anything...except for a difficult time. They had a number of years of struggles along the way as well. It's not like they moved up and instantly dominated.

It will be interesting to see if their new coach can keep their momentum going.

What I do find kind of strange is that WKU is having lots of success in football while MT is having tons of success in basketball.

Flew down and back with lots of Toppers. I found them to be a very gracious lot. I don't understand all this Hundred Miles of Hate stuff. Maybe I was late to the party.

Hopefully, some of their stank will rub off on the Memphis and MT staffs at the Coaches Convention at Gaylord. I've watched them beat the crap out of both of my alma maters in the last three games I attended.

FWIW, they told me they will have a healed up, slimmed down version of Ferby back next season so Tyrone better tell his guys to strap it on.

yea.....this whole "WKU isn't gonna be good next year because they lose so many players!" is hogwash.

They've got plenty returning to be more than formidable, plus the games in Bowling Green where we traditionally get blown off the field (We've won there once I think?)....

They're now back to back champions with back to back bowl wins so they're the king of the hill until proven otherwise. (And I'm not holding my breath that things will change any time soon)

Traditionally get blown off the field in BG? Since the series resumed in 2007, the game has been played in BG 4 times. MT is 3-1, and 2-3 in Murfreesboro

Exactly. The main reason they beat Memphis like a drum is because of their RB, and WR's Taylor and Norris. Those guys are gone. They will still be formidable but will be different. BTW, 315. WKU didn't blow us off the field this year. We lost by a point unlike Memphis who lost by 3 TD's.

Exactly. The main reason they beat Memphis like a drum is because of their RB, and WR's Taylor and Norris. Those guys are gone. They will still be formidable but will be different. BTW, 315. WKU didn't blow us off the field this year. We lost by a point unlike Memphis who lost by 3 TD's.
You are coming around, JT. At least you didn't say "Murder City". That's progress. Go Blue....Beat the Rainbows

Don't get it twisted. Murder City never has my respect. Always got the .45 ready with one in the chamber whenever I drive through there. Their BBQ sucks too. :)

Merry Christmas!

I love that Navy went down in that particular bowl. That thing is set to favor the military academy. Kudos to latech.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT