ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (3-3, 0-2) vs Western Kentucky (3-3, 1-1), #100MilesOfHate, (Homecoming), (ESPN+), 2:30PM, Saturday, October 15, 2022

How can they tolerate the apathy any longer?

You already know the answer to this. Smith, McPhee and Massaro have made sure MTxx football doesn’t matter in this town much less the state. There is no ambition, no desire, no urgency to have a championship culture or program.

There is not now nor has there been any energy in this program for years. Yet this coach still has six years left on his contract. And yes you all need to start including Smith in this. This isn’t Stock’s fault. This is the leadership that not only enables but fosters this garbage in garbage out. And I’m now starting to believe it’s corruption. There are people that don’t care about endowments or academics or athletics success. They care only about maintaining the status of their little small pond fiefdoms. I wish there was something more I could do than stop giving, buying, and attending.

Maybe I can. If you’re still supporting this corruption with your time, money, or other support I’m not going to call you a fool because that’s not my intent to be pejorative but think about how you too are enabling the problem. Personally, I think it’s too late to save any of this. Not sure the culture is ever going to change here. It’s been 1,415 days since I set foot on the campus and counting. I will never return again or give a penny to this until there are major changes. I encourage all of you to do the same.

Perusing Facebook; seeing people not associated with UT-Knoxville go ape over a 15 game drought.

Some with degrees that read MTSU.

MT will never be Knoxville. We will never be SEC. But it is a punch in the face knowing a bunch of idiots have sealed up a deal past 6 years that gives us no chance to be winners. We may win the occasional team we aren’t supposed to here and there. We may go to a bowl that none of us can attend unless we get a passport. But good grief we are running a race with 300lb weights tied to us with these guys.

I cannot believe there is NO accountability. I mean there is none. How can this much money flow and leadership not care of the results?

It is sickening. Rant over.

I was there and thought it was a decent crowd. I expected the announced to be a little higher.
Why? Looks like maybe a couple thousand at best

FfIlgg8XgAIz1hf.jpg

That’s deemed acceptable at MT by this leadership. Not only acceptable but worth of more contract extensions. If anyone thinks these people care about about anything more than their fiefdom I don’t know what to tell you. What is it now seven out of eight to our arch rival. Keep getting blown out by them at that and that picture is indeed worth a thousand words. But a thousand aren’t needed. Only a few.

FfIlgg8XgAIz1hf.jpg
I’m not trying to argue but I’m assuming this was right at kickoff. We weren’t even in our seats yet as we were still walking over from our tailgate. Most people were in the same boat I’d guess.

I’m not trying to argue but I’m assuming this was right at kickoff. We weren’t even in our seats yet as we were still walking over from our tailgate. Most people were in the same boat I’d guess.
Are you serious??? This appears to be the opening kickoff…..for Homecoming. SMH.

Perusing Facebook; seeing people not associated with UT-Knoxville go ape over a 15 game drought.

Some with degrees that read MTSU.

MT will never be Knoxville. We will never be SEC. But it is a punch in the face knowing a bunch of idiots have sealed up a deal past 6 years that gives us no chance to be winners. We may win the occasional team we aren’t supposed to here and there. We may go to a bowl that none of us can attend unless we get a passport. But good grief we are running a race with 300lb weights tied to us with these guys.

I cannot believe there is NO accountability. I mean there is none. How can this much money flow and leadership not care of the results?

It is sickening. Rant over.
Great feedback! MTSU will certainly never be UTK passion, put a reliable and quality team in the field every year and more people will come.

Are you serious??? This appears to be the opening kickoff…..for Homecoming. SMH.
That right there is a direct look at the MT”SU” student section. HC means students and alums and excitement.
I see none of that on what should be the highest attended game of the year
Homecoming and playing our biggest rival
Smith,Massaro,McPhee are the stench of this dead program. It will only get worse after the bye

Before the game and during the 1st quarter it was spitting rain, which sent at least a few underneath the stadium. For the rest of the game it was really pleasant. I thought the attendance was about the same as the utsa game, a couple hundred scattered wku fans through out the stadium.

It was not a great crowd and we left with a little time left in the 3rd. Very disappointed in the team's lack of ability to stay on the field. Early on, I noted that in the stats wku was twice as good as MT even though this was no where near as powerful a wku team

It was much fuller later in the first. This photo looks at the box I am in. When I left at the start of the 4th people were exiting in mass. Most die hard fans were talking about a contract buy out of stock. I am talking folks from the blue blood regime. Sad state of affairs

FfIlgg8XgAIz1hf.jpg
Not arguing either but I was there too and the lower visitors side filled up pretty good sometime after this shot. As usual, a combination of Homecoming Awards being dished out and our continued descension into football hell, it cleared back out in the second half. Not that the attendance we had was anything to crow about but we only had what we had because it was Homecoming and Western traveled with several. The real tell all will be attendance at upcoming home games. With nothing on the line and excitement in the toilet, we will be lucky to have a few thousand. I predict the above crowd shot will actually look good compared to what we are going to actually see.

I was at The Avenue earlier and we just happened to walk by Alumni Hall. There were quite a few people shopping on the UT side of the store. The MT side was a ghost town. No sign of life just like with our football program. The MT merch probably had dust on it. I looked for a moment and kept on walking.....just like with our football program.

“275 Miles of Hate”
UAB at WKU
7:00pm
CBS Sports Network

Maybe Stock will be watching tonight and take a few notes while hopefully the staff will be out recruiting.

“275 Miles of Hate”
UAB at WKU
7:00pm
CBS Sports Network

Maybe Stock will be watching tonight and take a few notes while hopefully the staff will be out recruiting.
He took plenty of notes the past two games while getting his head handed to him.
I often wonder what he is writing on the little notepad just after the opponent scores.

He took plenty of notes the past two games while getting his head handed to him.
I often wonder what he is writing on the little notepad just after the opponent scores.
I was waiting to see who would smack that after I teed it up. 😂😂. You never disappoint.
We both saw the same thing last Saturday. He looked to be writing an epistle most of the game but I guess it got lost from the sideline to the postgame podium because he had very little to say.

I was waiting to see who would smack that after I teed it up. 😂😂. You never disappoint.
We both saw the same thing last Saturday. He looked to be writing an epistle most of the game but I guess it got lost from the sideline to the postgame podium because he had very little to say.
Notes for his Blue Raider HOF induction and unveiling of his statue next to Boots speech. Obviously has nothing to do with game planning.

Totally with you! Let's turn this thread into a basketball one. Who cares about the WKU game.

Anyone privy to any practice information for the men's team ? I'm very curious if any of the new comers are expected to log significant minutes and participate.
For a moment, a few weeks ago, there was an attempt to hijack a thread. This has me thinking; why don't we hijack a coach's show. It would probably shine at least a little light on the ineptness/corruption of this athletic department. Do we have enough people willing to take part?

For a moment, a few weeks ago, there was an attempt to hijack a thread. This has me thinking; why don't we hijack a coach's show. It would probably shine at least a little light on the ineptness/corruption of this athletic department. Do we have enough people willing to take part?
I’d be down for a tough question or two

Reactions: MT Glenn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT