ADVERTISEMENT

i guess nobody is going to address this

So basically the AAC becomes the old CUSA, the SunBelt keeps doing its own thing, and if it poaches some schools from CUSA, the CUSA disbands or becomes the SunBelt of the early 2000s with misfit schools spread incoherently across the USA.

I think "best" case scenario for CUSA right now is to add Liberty and New Mexico State. I only include NMSU because they are FBS and close to UTEP. Then we consider any possible FCS schools like James Madison, EKU, Kennesaw State, Jacksonville State, etc. This is of course only if the Fun Belt doesn't poach teams from CUSA. If that happens the CUSA is done unless it can somehow survive until the 6 teams in the FCS ASUN make the move to FBS.

444x960.jpeg.0640aa0fac9e4d4e9438093c2f99f502.large

Instagram? Not an email, not on twitter, not on goblueraiders.com?

I am absolutely speechless. Who does Instagram or even reads it other than millennials? I don’t even have an account. Has anyone seen anything via email or direct mail from CM?? Was this released on goblueraiders.com??
The next to last paragraph touting the growing Nashville MSA is ridiculous. Not one TV or print media outlet covers or cares about Blue Raider Athletics much less the local paper in Murfreesboro.

Bowl eligible and graduation success rate?? How about ZERO conference titles in Football and a Men’s basketball program that has imploded? Like I’ve said before, until somebody calls him out on this stuff, he’ll continue to hide in his office and pump this stuff out. This ranks right up there with how he and Stock sold the 3 additional years contract extension in exchange for unearned bonuses. Fantasy land.

He posted it on Blue Raider Athletics Facebook page an hour ago and they are already filtering and removing comments.😂😂

Last edited:
No, just no.

I hate this whole bowl eligibility crap. This banners in the stadium. Logos on the equipment truck. If you didn't win, don't brag about going.

Do you see schools say conference championship participant? No. Maybe division champion sure.

Ridiculous. That has driven me nuts for years. When 5-7 teams can get in a bowl with the APR, it means nothing unless you win.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Who does Instagram or even reads it other than millennials? I don’t even have an account. Has anyone seen anything via email or direct mail from CM?? Was this released on goblueraiders.com??
Basically what I said in another on line chat:

Instagram? Not an email, not on twitter, not on goblueraiders.com?
Fn pathetic cowardly weak ass statement
Why not just on tik tok or some other BS social media than most fans don't look to

Despite no longer investing time and support like I used to for MTSU, it still sickens me to see the "leadership" continuing to run the university and athletics into the ground.

Deep inside, I still hope that MT would get the leadership to take the university into a successful direction. As such, I would love to be proven wrong and see events unfold that positions MTSU for good growth and success in the ongoing conference realignment. Currently, I'm just not hearing or seeing any signs that the leadership is doing anything to better position MTSU.

Until developments prove otherwise, I suspect the leadership has MTSU positioned to severely regress with athletics.

My guess is the McPhee & Massaro have hitched their wagon to C-USA Commish MacLeod. As with C-USA, MTSU leadership seems to be exhibiting a lot of that feminine energy. Specifically, I refer to the public comments by the commish that people are just too "competitive" in response to being roundly rejected in her push for geography to be the guiding priority for the G5 during this round of conference realignment. I certainly think some geographical realignment has some good points, but it completely misses the point of what D1 athletics are all about....competition. Yet C-USA has a commish that thinks ADs, programs, and conferences in general are too competitive. That says all one needs to know about the stagnation of C-USA and the likely big step backwards C-USA seems about to take.

With the lack of any messaging or direction coming from the MTSU campus, I strongly suspect the MTSU leadership was all in on MacLeod's direction.

I hope the rumors are just that, rumors. Something tells me that there likely is some reason to believe some of these conference rumors. If these rumors have any truth, MTSU won't even be good enough for the SunBelt. Imagine that even being a reasonable possibility under McPhee & Massaro that MTSU would be so lucky to even be in the SunBelt. It appears that this could be real possibility.

I'm not sure why people still keep mentioning the ovc. The ovc that MTSU once knew is all but dead and forgotten. MTSU wouldn't even be that lucky to have the ovc of old to land in if things continue to fall apart.

Unless McPhee & Massaro can pull a rabbit out of the hat (not holding my breath), MTSU could be looking at a future in some sort of amalgamation of the A-Sun and the left behinds of C-USA. Such an amalgamation that won't even be close to the SunBelt much less the AAC.

Hey, if MacLeod has any sway or future in a conference to which MTSU belongs, at least we will all be getting participation trophies. Then again, that seems to be exactly where McPhee & Massaro have been positioning MTSU with virtually handing out participation trophies for football & basketball. I mean really, is there anything else that better describes the "bowl eligibility" and "competed" mantra that emanates from over at The Murph?

I really hope I'm just letting some real bad pessimism get ahold of me, but this is what it looks like when the dumpster fire continues to just burn unabated.

Lastly, I am somewhat resenting the state higher ed leadership and political environment overall in the state that has seemed to seek out and ruin an up and coming university from rising above the rest. It's not just UT seeking to maintain it's clear superiority over the state, it's also the other universities in the state namely TSU and Austin Peay that may have had a hand in trying to clip the wings of MTSU within the region and state. And wow has McPhee been a gift that just keeps giving to this toxic and dysfunctional system of higher ed in Tennessee.

I wish I didn't care about MTSU.

I took the time to translate the statement...

Paragraph #1...We haven't done anything and have no desire to. We like our jobs and want everyone to know we are doing nothing while appearing to do very little.

Paragraph #2: MTSU has made living beating the worst teams and college football and should be rewarded for it. We had a basketball coach that was really good and we hired a guy who stinks, but we still count all of the stuff the guy who was good did.

Paragraph #3: We still don't have the money. (Not that you are paying attention)

Paragraph #4: : Nobody cares about TV markets. (Against Not that anybody is paying attention).

Last Paragraph: We've done nothing and will continue to do nothing but cash our checks. Here's how I sign them...

Reactions: MT Glenn
We really need to setup that go fund me so we can get a billboard to call out masssaro. It’s our only revenge on this complete clown that has run the program into the ground.

We really need to setup that go fund me so we can get a billboard to call out masssaro. It’s our only revenge on this complete clown that has run the program into the ground.

I wish I still lived in the mid state area. I would absolutely spearhead the billboard project and make it a reality. It can’t be that hard. I bet If you call the billboard owners they would walk you through the steps needed. The most difficult part would be finding an artist to make the billboard and deciding on exactly what we would want on it

I think a cartoon theme would work. Have McPhee holding a 7 wood, cross-eyed, with just a question mark over his head, and puppet strings on his arms/legs since we know he is a puppet. The inclination here is that he is a mindless moronic puppet.

Next have Massaro in MT gear doing some sort of destructive act that would indicate he is destroying MT athletics. Maybe digging a grave and have the headstone say MT Athletics Programs 1999-2021, and on the tombstone some quote about mediocrity

Next you have Rick Stockstill parachuting down in a golden parachute with money flying out of his bags and maybe a nursing home nearby with the inclination he’s going to see his geriatric coaching buddies.

this is just a general idea we could get more specific or change things

Last edited:
Just saw Massaro's instagram message that came out while I was writing my rather lengthy post on the dire circumstances of MTSU.

Sadly, Massaro's comments appear to support some of my suspicions. That, and it reads and comes at a time that screams: oh crap! Everything is falling down around us with conference realignment and we were so far on the outside that we didn't even realize it until it is all about too late!

If they had any clue, and what just about everyone has been screaming for years here on this board (for those few that are left to even care about commenting), they would have been publicly pushing out any steps and advances in facilities for months or even years so that the D1 athletics world would have known that MTSU leadership is trying or even caring enough to try.

Hey McPhee & Massaro, other than Kermit, you & MTSU athletics have done NOTHING to signal to the rest of the D1 sports world & media that you even care to improve or grow! No conference seeking to improve wants anything to do with that sort of leadership.

D#*% this is sickening. MTSU leadership and commish MacLeod deserve each other.

Can I take us in a different direction. I really don’t care the conference we are in. Football means nothing to me anymore anyway. I’m just in it for hoops. In my opinion, as long as we play teams in the southeastern area, then I have no issue. I don’t mind a game in Texas, but New Mexico or eastern Virginia, northern Missouri or all the way to Miami for conference. You lose me there.

yes, you lose the plane rides and the Texas schools that bring little, the biggest lose is UAB. If CUSA is smart.. the go after GA State, App, USA and Coastal. If JMU is ready to move up bring them and Ark St and you have a great footprint and you spend less time on airplanes. This could be a good thing if played right. Just have to wait and see. You have exit fee money coming from the 6 plus forfeiture of basketball credits. You will have entrance fees as well.Could be financial boom for the remaining 8.
Can I take us in a different direction. I really don’t care the conference we are in. Football means nothing to me anymore anyway. I’m just in it for hoops. In my opinion, as long as we play teams in the southeastern area, then I have no issue. I don’t mind a game in Texas, but New Mexico or eastern Virginia, northern Missouri or all the way to Miami for conference. You lose me there.

Someone on #MTSUFacebook doesn't like us lol. 🤣🤣🤣
Jimmy Burkard
Thank you for your positive and sensible comments, I’m so tired of the negativity that some people choose to attach to official Blue Raider posts. Even the Raider Roundup sports message board has been ruined by negativity. We need more real fans speaking up. Thank you!

Last edited:
hopefully the former Big commissioner is worth his consulting contract.
G5 hiring a P5 hack to help advise on a path forward for G5. Good luck with that. Judging by the early results, that has been working out just swimmingly. Half your league ends up leaving. Who could have seen that coming?

What a joke! I see them of the positivity club building such a large fanbase. Heck, it's plain to see that one cannot find a empty seat in Floyd Stadium on gameday.

Focus on positivity/negativity is the sort of thing people say when they have nothing else to say or simply don't know what they are talking about.

Signs you are an enabler (taken from the most common signs you are enabling a drug addict).

Providing them money.
Downplaying the severity of the problem.
Providing emotional support.
Rationalizing their behavior or making excuses for them.

We may be brash, but we are not enabling a fail athletic director.

UNT is going through a rough patch in football but their Men’s BB is on a roll. Note: Their 4-yr Men’s BB Coach already has two CUSA titles and a 1st round NCAA win over Purdue. They have a really good AD who is not afraid to fix their short-term football problem and oversaw their funding and construction of a beautiful new stadium and facilities. I can remember playing in their old football stadium that was smaller than most Texas HS stadiums these days.
FAU was good under Schnellenberger as far back as ‘07. Just ask Tommy West. 😂
The Owls are 4-1 in bowl games, our guy is 2-4. The AAC will be just fine. The Sunbelt will be just fine.
But you are correct about this, the CUSA leftovers with poor leadership and zero clout are screwed.
yawn. UNT has done absolutely jack sh!t for our conference and they will do less for the AAC. The reason Cusa is awful is because of FIU, UNT, FAU (sans Lane, ODU, and Charlotte, who has donr nothing until this year really. UTSA is emerging now but from 2014 til now they have done nothing. CUSA had a chance to offer App St., Troy, ULL and Ark st. and didn't do it. Now the belt is strong and CUSA is awful. So what does the AAC do? They invite many of those same dead beats. the AAC will suffer the same fate. They should offer App st., Coastal, ULL, and Troy. The fact they they aren't spells doom for them.

There is no way in hell that any of the CUSA teams will fill the void left by UCF, Cinci, and Houston. It won't help Mamphis at all either. In fact, it will sink them. The P6 BS is over too. LOL. Good luck to them. I would go back to the belt or the MAC in a heartbeat if offered But we will stay where we are.

Reactions: MT Glenn
I'm selfish, but here is what I want.

Winning. I don't care who we play. We could play South North Central Polytechnic Institute for all I care. Throw in a few known G5s and P5s, and just win baby. If you win, people will show up no matter who plays. Make the atmosphere fun, have a high scoring offense, and make it a place people want to go.

But our peeps can't figure that out.

I'm kinda bummed Charlotte is leaving personally. Living in Southern WV, I'm 3 hours from Charlotte and 2.5 from Huntington. And the schedule was opposite years away so I was guaranteed to see MT every year and never have to drive more than 3 hours. Not bad living 6 hours away from Murfreesboro. I personally don't want a whole bunch of southern teams. I want some near me.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
I'm selfish, but here is what I want.

Winning. I don't care who we play. We could play South North Central Polytechnic Institute for all I care. Throw in a few known G5s and P5s, and just win baby. If you win, people will show up no matter who plays. Make the atmosphere fun, have a high scoring offense, and make it a place people want to go.

But our peeps can't figure that out.

I'm kinda bummed Charlotte is leaving personally. Living in Southern WV, I'm 3 hours from Charlotte and 2.5 from Huntington. And the schedule was opposite years away so I was guaranteed to see MT every year and never have to drive more than 3 hours. Not bad living 6 hours away from Murfreesboro. I personally don't want a whole bunch of southern teams. I want some near me.
This! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*

Winning makes anything more palatable.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
Briefly ran into an area H. S. FB coach yesterday and, knowing I'm a BR fan, he made the comment "Bad time to be bad in FB" I mentioned to him that it was obvious he had heard the rumors of conference movement but in the brief encounter I didn't have time to ask where he heard the rumors.
Brings up the question: I don't listen to sports talk radio or watch sports news much any more but other than on G5 message boards just where is this being discussed? Has any mid-state media even mentioned this?

Has any mid-state media even mentioned this?
I haven't listened either, but what are they going to say? MT is still in CUSA? It briefly flashed in my mind that this is like the old, old, old 70s SNL running gag "Francisco Franco is still dead"

I suppose it might be brought up on wnsr when they interview Stockstill or Massaro today.

Last edited:
I really don't understand what the AAC is thinking. Their next TV contract will be peanuts compared to what the current one is, but now they get to split it among more schools. All these schools that actually paying millions to join will be regretting it soon enough. This isn't exactly a bold prediction since we've seen this before.

I wonder how much of this move is in ESPN. They, from the earlier B12 mess, essentially tell the AAC what they want. Now that they have the full SEC contract too, I wonder if they are pulling strings so they essentially have it all.

Grow the SEC some more and grow the AAC with both being only on their networks. Have 2 Champs and the mouse house will have it all. Greed drives this whole thing.

I wonder how much of this move is in ESPN. They, from the earlier B12 mess, essentially tell the AAC what they want. Now that they have the full SEC contract too, I wonder if they are pulling strings so they essentially have it all.

Grow the SEC some more and grow the AAC with both being only on their networks. Have 2 Champs and the mouse house will have it all. Greed drives this whole thing.
That is exactly what happened. There was some talk on Twitter that ESPN told the AAC which CUSA schools to go after.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
If everything could be reset, what would be your most realistic and idea conference (8-12 team) for MTSU look like?
Mine: MTSU, WKU, UAB, Ak. State, Troy, a couple of lower Texas School, couple of lower Fla Schools, App State, Ga State/GA Southern

That is exactly what happened. There was some talk on Twitter that ESPN told the AAC which CUSA schools to go after.
Football money drives 99% of this realignment. Disney (ESPN & ABC) controls college football because of money and the fact the NCAA does not sanction a football championship like other sports.

A current rumor is that there is a push among some to drop the number of FBS conferences to 9 and then 8. Eventually have a NCAA sanctioned playoff of 16 teams. 8 conference champions and 8 at large, all televised on ESPN and ABC.

Mickey Mouse is behind it all!

If everything could be reset, what would be your most realistic and idea conference (8-12 team) for MTSU look like?
Mine: MTSU, WKU, UAB, Ak. State, Troy, a couple of lower Texas School, couple of lower Fla Schools, App State, Ga State/GA Southern

Nothing in Texas. Split it at the Mississippi. Group everyone east in one conference, everyone west in another.

Reactions: Brew_Raider
Should we call the MAC? Stop laughing, i'm serious here. CUSA with losing it's defectors is steaming garbage (Yes, we're a large part of the problem).

Before you barf, just think about it this way - what's the freakin' difference in playing Old Dominion, FIU and Marshall and playing Bowling Green, Ohio, and Toledo? Is there a meaningful difference? Would anyone notice?

The MAC is at least stable, has it's own little niche (MAC-tion), would probably love to add Tennessee and Kentucky (if WKU wants to come along), likely cut down on travel costs (can bus to most of Ohio).

Basically, we have to survive until Massaro and Stock are gone. Then, maybe, we can get some leadership with some vision and a plan (other than "Bowl Eligibility"). I'm not sure CUSA survives.

Should we call the MAC? Stop laughing, i'm serious here. CUSA with losing it's defectors is steaming garbage (Yes, we're a large part of the problem).

Before you barf, just think about it this way - what's the freakin' difference in playing Old Dominion, FIU and Marshall and playing Bowling Green, Ohio, and Toledo? Is there a meaningful difference? Would anyone notice?

The MAC is at least stable, has it's own little niche (MAC-tion), would probably love to add Tennessee and Kentucky (if WKU wants to come along), likely cut down on travel costs (can bus to most of Ohio).

Basically, we have to survive until Massaro and Stock are gone. Then, maybe, we can get some leadership with some vision and a plan (other than "Bowl Eligibility"). I'm not sure CUSA survives.

Yes. Because if I were in the Sun Belt, there is no chance I invite MT, WKU or FIU back. If I’m the SB, I invite Marshall and ODU to get to 12. Marshall was in the MAC, so they won’t go back.

If Massaro has any brains, he & WKU’s AD make a joint pitch to the MAC. If not, just combine with the remaining OVC losers to make the SLC (Southern Loser Conference) & drop back to FCS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT