ADVERTISEMENT

i guess nobody is going to address this

And Rick Stockstill will still never win a conference championship
Like he really cares????? He’s gonna continue to hang around with this staff in tow until his last year of the contract and then ride off to his place on 30A. By then, the fanbase will consist of the BOT, the “official party” (including coaches wives & family), the band, and the cheerleaders.

It’s difficult to see this as true. If it is Aresco is a complete moron. That said, I warned all of you of this five years ago. And that MT must step up in football, maintain its basketball excellence, and start breaking ground to bring new facilities online. Or MT was going to be left with scraps - perhaps even being forced to drop down

None of that happened.

The vision brought to MT by Dr Walker has been buried. What was once what we called all that “potential” we all thought we had is now a rotting corpse. This is why I was so hard on bad decisions like the Stockstill extensions, the hiring of McDevitt, the tolerance of McPhee in spite of any academic progress. And on and on. And the turd in our already sour punch bowl for what is even remaining of the fan base is that the four horsemen of the MT apocalypse will walk away with gargantuan retirement checks as they watch MT athletics sink into a sea of garbage.

All this calls for a pleading, begging, whiny email to season ticket holders, alumni, and fans from the AD.

Meanwhile, McPhee is thinking, well my job is done here...

Reactions: TrueBlue147
If true and happens, it looks like the death of CUSA and hopefully the death of MT athletics.

we are where we belong. We are nobodies because our university doesn’t take sports seriously. We have not even discussed building new facilities, much less broken any ground. We don’t invest the needed capital and we don’t hold our coaches accountable. What the hell did our dumb ass “leaders” THINK was going to happen? LOL.

Our lack of commitment to athletics is all in plain view for everyone to see. They should honestly just shutter all athletics because what’s the point ? We don’t invest in our major programs, we don’t care about results, and we most certainly don’t have any fans anymore.

So seriously, what’s the point ? Forget dropping down to FCS. Just shut all athletics programs down and put me out of my misery.

The AAC appears to be making a similar mistake that CUSA did. Programs in big tv markets that do not own those markets.

I am pissed about our situation. That is all on Stockstill, Massaro, McPhee and McDevitt, All we can do is watch while the powers that be at MT and at CUSA helplessly standby and watch their situation get worse. I don't think they have a sense of urgency even now or a clue what to do to make the best of the situation,

If we're stuck and it appears we are, then I do not mind losing most of the west division and I won't miss Charlotte either. FAU and UAB I will miss. CUSA could lose USM and maybe Marshall to the Belt. CUSA needs to move quickly and invite Liberty, JMU, and Jacksonville State. Those three play good football, and the two FCS are the best options available outside of the Flames. That will be an conference that has a chance to be decent and fairly regional.

Reactions: MT Glenn
Nice to see these UAB fans laughing at us and WKU on the CUSA board. When their program was gutted, everyone had their backs. They seem to forget that. I hope they fail in everything going forward

Also, UNT to the AAC is a joke. They've done way less than us for this conference. FAU wasn't worth a sh!t until they had Golf ball Lane. I don't get the moves but they are gonna happen. The AAC won't be the P6 any longer. LOL.

We are definitely screwed. Thanks Massaro.

Also, UNT to the AAC is a joke. They've done way less than us for this conference. FAU wasn't worth a sh!t until they had Golf ball Lane. I don't get the moves but they are gonna happen. The AAC won't be the P6 any longer. LOL.

We are definitely screwed. Thanks Massaro.
UNT is going through a rough patch in football but their Men’s BB is on a roll. Note: Their 4-yr Men’s BB Coach already has two CUSA titles and a 1st round NCAA win over Purdue. They have a really good AD who is not afraid to fix their short-term football problem and oversaw their funding and construction of a beautiful new stadium and facilities. I can remember playing in their old football stadium that was smaller than most Texas HS stadiums these days.
FAU was good under Schnellenberger as far back as ‘07. Just ask Tommy West. 😂
The Owls are 4-1 in bowl games, our guy is 2-4. The AAC will be just fine. The Sunbelt will be just fine.
But you are correct about this, the CUSA leftovers with poor leadership and zero clout are screwed.

Last edited:
OVC here we come. I was gonna say WKU, Marshall, and us need to go together and talk to Sunbelt asap but looks like Marshall beat us to the punch. Big surprise.

We should be blowing Massaro's butt up everywhere. Twitter, FB, radio, everywhere. I've been disappointed in this whole mess we have, now I'm downright pissed. The average fan saw this coming 10 years ago. No way out admin didn't. They just didn't care.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
What conference would look at what’s happened to our basketball program, watch as the leadership did absolutely nothing but give platitudes and say that’s the type of leadership we want in our league.

The fact that CNM is still here would tell any conference that the folks there at MTxx don’t really give a F. Ultimately, it’s why I quit too.

Don’t know about all you but I feel pretty scorned. All the time and money I personally put in to try to do my part to make MT what I believe we could be and we’ve watched it all be squandered making TSU administration look competent. Frankly, I’m downright angry and pissed at how my investment was pissed on.

This is what happens when you don’t take athletics seriously and foster mediocrity.

We deserve everything that happens to us. We have pathetic facilities, no traditions, and repulsive results in the major sports.

I’ll say it again, just shut it all down. We don’t take athletics seriously so why bother ? You can’t half ass it when everyone else is investing in new facilities and holding their coaches to high standards.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
This is my self-welcome post. First-time typer. The facts are this: 1) Athletics is back to its mid-1990's self. 2) There is little or no effort to gain and retain fans which is mind boggling to say the least being that it's 2021 and local high schools are doing a better job in that field. For anyone that is surprised that Middle is being passed over regularly by other conferences in search of schools, one example to point to is Fan Day 2021 (or the lack there of one.) Petty? Maybe, but that was a scheduled event that was quietly cancelled with no communication to the fans or general public. Things are at the point to where if you're not paying attention, that's considered a good thing by the athletics head shed.

Nearly 11AM. It may be because they don't feel any urgency to get to the office or discuss it, but nothing I can find from Massaro or McPhee on the conference realignment happenings yesterday. Crickets from Cope and Crickets from Murphy Center. Not that surprising.

Seems like yesterday when we had the big hoopla when we got in C-USA. So much energy and resources to get there only to wind up like this. Crap!!!!!!!

Thought we were on a highway to more status and success; instead we wound up on a dead end road with no place to get off or turn around. Stuck in athletic purgatory.

The only real hope for CUSA now is that the remaining members of the AAC pitch a fit and they only poach 2-3 of the schools. And from what I can tell they are pitching a hit. But the powers that be might do it anyways and poach all 6.

The only real hope for CUSA now is that the remaining members of the AAC pitch a fit and they only poach 2-3 of the schools. And from what I can tell they are pitching a hit. But the powers that be might do it anyways and poach all 6.
Is your username a play on the big lebowski movie?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT