ADVERTISEMENT

i guess nobody is going to address this

He’s right. We don’t belong in the MAC. The only problem is there may never be another choice for us after what McPhee and Massaro have done to our program.

And btw the MAC talk is anything but a done deal. I have mixed feelings because financially we’re going to be in a much stronger place three years from now if we stay in C-USA. There is a lot of money on the table that’s going to be left behind especially if the league stays slim and splits revenues with only eight schools particularly given the number of NCAA Tourney units the league still has. As I said in another post, stick it out for a few years, collect those millions and reposition ourselves during that time with new commitment to facilities and coaches.
Well that’s the problem. Ideally we could have joined the American, but they obviously didn’t want us and Memphis is probably going to block that. Burned bridges with SBC, what’s our other option? If it’s bad now in CUSA, it’ll be much worse as an FCS conference masquerading in FBS. The money from exit fees won’t save us from that, and given the questionable decision making so far, who knows if it would do any good at all in making us the top team in the conference anyway if Stockstill and Massaro stick around.

Reactions: arg3b
All this talk of money is no guarantee with Judy in charge. If we stay CUSA due to our pathetic leadership putting us in this spot we will blow all that cash traveling to the university of anchorage to play ball.

Reactions: BRaiderDave
Well that’s the problem. Ideally we could have joined the American, but they obviously didn’t want us and Memphis is probably going to block that. Burned bridges with SBC, what’s our other option? If it’s bad now in CUSA, it’ll be much worse as an FCS conference masquerading in FBS. The money from exit fees won’t save us from that, and given the questionable decision making so far, who knows if it would do any good at all in making us the top team in the conference anyway if Stockstill and Massaro stick around.
If CM and SM somehow pull off an invite to the AAC, I will personally thank them and walk a 5-figure donation over and hand it to whomever is now running our BRAA.

Alan Farley posting on Facebook how it’s such a terrible thing to be interested in the MAC, don’t let WKU lead us in this direction, you’re judged by the company you keep, etc.

Right because being in a conference with Tarleton State is going to be better. The stupidity runs strong among some people with connections… not good
Alan is a good man and I consider him a friend. Some of the best times I’ve ever had following the Blue Raiders was under his leadership of the BRAA. He loves “our”school as much or more than many of the posters in here.

Alan is a good man and I consider him a friend. Some of the best times I’ve ever had following the Blue Raiders was under his leadership of the BRAA. He loves “our”school as much or more than many of the posters in here.

It just goes to show you how frustrating this all is. I wish we had more of us and more of him. That there were enough of us to have a voice to get the admin to listen, and in turn to tell us their thoughts. But sadly right now we just don't have the fan base to move the needle on major decisions.

I agree that you are known by the company you keep. Having degrees from a MAC school (Kent State), and two Conference USA schools (Middle Tennessee and Western Kentucky), I have a vested interest in conference affiliation of my alma maters.

Regarding the MAC, Miami and Buffalo have excellent academic reputations. Miami University is second in the nation for its strong commitment to undergraduate teaching, per the U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2015 rankings. Miami tied with the College of William and Mary, behind only Princeton.

The University of Buffalo, an AAU member, is recognized as one of the leading North American universities engaged in the highest levels of research. With the prestigious Association of American Universities designation, UB is among the elite research universities in the U.S. and Canada.

That said, I have mixed emotions about the possibility of Middle Tennessee and Western Kentucky joining the Mid-American Conference. I prefer the MAC remain with the 12 schools it currently has, but if the conference decides to add Middle and Western, I'm okay with it.

Since MT and WKU are southern schools, I understand they are a better fit in either Conference USA or the Sun Belt. However, given that Conference USA is imploding and it appears the Sun Belt does not want Middle Tennessee, the MAC could very well be the only option available to the Blue Raiders. It will be interesting to see how all this plays out.

He’s right. We don’t belong in the MAC. The only problem is there may never be another choice for us after what McPhee and Massaro have done to our program.

And btw the MAC talk is anything but a done deal. I have mixed feelings because financially we’re going to be in a much stronger place three years from now if we stay in C-USA. There is a lot of money on the table that’s going to be left behind especially if the league stays slim and splits revenues with only eight schools particularly given the number of NCAA Tourney units the league still has. As I said in another post, stick it out for a few years, collect those millions and reposition ourselves during that time with new commitment to facilities and coaches.
The MAC is stronger than what will be left of CUSA so I understand the desire to join the best conference the programs can be in.

At the same time, MT doesn't fit MAC geographically. It doesn't fit recruiting territory. It's just not a great fit.

And McPhee deserves the blame.

The MAC is stronger than what will be left of CUSA so I understand the desire to join the best conference the programs can be in.

At the same time, MT doesn't fit MAC geographically. It doesn't fit recruiting territory. It's just not a great fit.

I think every post should have your ending as a postscript.

Last edited:
I simply can't believe anyone would want to be a part of that. Even if us and WKU stayed, the TV deal wouldn't be great. The conference is literally spread out over half the US. Makes no sense to me how there can be more money available to them.

Reactions: BRaiderDave
I simply can't believe anyone would want to be a part of that. Even if us and WKU stayed, the TV deal wouldn't be great. The conference is literally spread out over half the US. Makes no sense to me how there can be more money available to them.
looks like SHSU is balking at entrance fee

Now see, if Judy were smart, she'd waive it to save the conference. But I digress. I hope the whole thing falls in to the ocean. Just let it dissolve and be put out of its misery.

There is so much back room negotiating going on with all this across all of college sports that it could be a movie trilogy.

JMU athletes feels the wrath of their current conference as a result of realignment

it happens in every conference, they didn't help ODU or Richmond when they left for CUSA and A10

You want to penalize the admin, sure. But I don't agree in penalizing the players who have worked hard. Although I guess it is akin to a post season ban like OSU has in bball. Current players had nothing to do with it but are living the wrath.

Reactions: crposton
I've been reading about this as well. Something just doesn't seem right about punishing players for admins' decisions.

In my opinion, this is one of those examples that makes it easy for people to criticize the whole system of college athletics and the NCAA in general.

I hope I’m wrong but staying in this conference will go down as one of the dumbest decisions these bozos will make. Even worse than the contract with Rick.

• Haha
Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Everyone else associated with the conference and Judy bailed as soon as they could, except McPhee.

I hope I’m wrong but staying in this conference will go down as one of the dumbest decisions these bozos will make. Even worse than the contract with Rick.

We will find out in about 2-3 years, tops.

Once OK and TX leave, the B12 will add more, meaning the AAC will backfill. That'll be the end of CUSA. We will either be left alone or taken. (At that pint I don't care if it is AAC, SBC, or MAC) Any conference move makes us look smart staying for the $ this last time. If we get left out to dry, it WILL be the dumbest decision ever and the end of MT athletics for at least a decade.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT