ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Hawaii Bowl: Middle Tennessee vs Hawaii, 7PM, Saturday, December 24, 2016

excerpt:

...The Hawai’i Rainbow Warriors and Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders will face off at Aloha Stadium in the Hawai’i Bowl on ESPN.

The Hawai’i Rainbow Warriors finished the season with a 6-7 overall record and finished in 2nd in the Mountain West – West standings with a 4-4 record. Hawai’i was able to become bowl eligible winning their last two games of the regular season against Fresno State and UMass. On the season, Hawai’i is averaging 26.5 ppg on 382.9 total yards per game (222.3 passing, 160.6 rushing). Offensively, the Rainbow Warriors were led by QB Dru Brown who completed 62.0% of his passes for 15 TD and 7 INT while averaging 184.5 passing yds/g. Leading the way for the Hawai’i backfield has been Diocemy Saint Juste (12.7 Att/g, 76.0 yds/g, 3 TD), Paul Harris (5.9 Att/g, 41.3 yds/g, 2 TD), and Steven Lakalaka (7.7 Att/g, 31.9 yds/g, 12 TD). The leading receivers for the Rainbow Warriors have been Marcus Kemp (5.4 rec/g, 79.7 yds/g, 7 TD), John Ursua (3.6 rec/g, 40.9 yds/g, 3 TD), and Dylan Collie (2.2 rec/g, 23.5 yds/g, 3 TD). Hawai’i really struggled on the defensive side this season as they allowed their opponents to average 37.5 ppg on 455.4 total yards per game (211.2 passing, 243.2 rushing). The Rainbow Warriors had issues with turnovers throughout the season and finished the year with a -11 turnover margin.

The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders finished the season with an 8-4 overall record while finishing 3rd in the C-USA East division with a 5-3 conference record. Middle Tennessee looked as if they were going to be able to contend for a C-USA Championship but suffered a huge blow went their star QB Brent Stockstill was lost for the last 4 games of the regular season in which the Blue Raiders went just 2-2. On the season, Middle Tennessee averaged 40.1 ppg on 515.7 total yards per game (317.0 passing, 198.7 rushing). Offensively, Middle Tennessee was led by QB Brent Stockstill who completed 63.9% of his passes for 27 TD and 5 INT while averaging 311.2 passing yds/g. The Blue Raiders backfield was led by I’Tavius Mathers (18.3 Att/g, 125.3 yds/g, 16 TD) and Richie James (2.7 Att/g, 25.0 yds/g, 4 TD). The Leading receivers for Middle Tennessee were Richie James (8.1 rec/g 121.9 yds/g, 11 TD), Ty Lee (4.4 rec/g, 49.9 yds/g, 7 TD), I’Tavius Mathers (5.2 rec/g, 49.1 yds/g, 3 TD) and Dennis Andrews (2.3 rec/g, 30.8 yds/g, 7 TD). Defensively, Middle Tennessee is allowing their opponents to average 34.4 ppg on 445.3 total yards per game (247.1 passing, 198.2 rushing). The Blue Raiders forced their opponents into committing 19 turnovers on the season and have an overall turnover margin of +1.

The Rainbow Warriors are 0-4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after accumulating more than 280 yards passing in their previous game and 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games. The Blue Raiders are 4-0 in their last 4 games following a straight up win and 6-0 in their last 6 games following an ATS win....

I was watching the Idaho owl last night and they did a promo for the Hawaii bowl. REALLY bragged on the I-Train throughout the promo. I don't even remember them mentioning any other players or even Hawaii........it was all about Mathers. Felt good to hear.

I was watching the Idaho owl last night and they did a promo for the Hawaii bowl. REALLY bragged on the I-Train throughout the promo. I don't even remember them mentioning any other players or even Hawaii........it was all about Mathers. Felt good to hear.
I heard that. It was nice.

goblueraiders.com:
http://goblueraiders.com/news/2016/12/14/football-raiders-clash-with-rainbows-in-hawaii-bowl.aspx
RAIDERS CLASH WITH RAINBOWS IN HAWAII BOWL

BROADCAST INFORMATION: ESPN, ESPN Deportes and ESPN3

GAME INFORMATION
(FULL GAME NOTES)

(GAMEDAY CENTRAL)

Hashtag: #BlueRaiders
Twitter: MT_FB
Instagram: @MTAthletics
Facebook: Blue Raider Athletics

Game Captains: LB DJ Sanders, QB Brent Stockstill, RB I'Tavius Mathers, DT Raynard Felton.

Date: Saturday, Dec. 24
Time: 7:05 p.m. (central)
Teams: Middle Tennessee (8-4; 5-3) vs Hawaii (6-7; 4-4)
Stadium: Aloha Stadium (50,000)
Weather Forecast:Partly Cloudy 80°
TV: ESPN
Radio: WMOT-FM (89.5), WGNS (1450 AM/100.5 FM/101.9 FM), Game 2 (102.5/94.9/95.1) … Also available on ESPN Radio.
Play-by-Play:Chip Walters
Analysis: Wes Counts

Live Streaming | Live Stats | Live Audio

SERIES HISTORY
Overall: Hawaii leads 1-0
At Middle Tennessee: 0-0
At Honolulu: Hawaii leads 1-0
At Neutral Site: 0-0
Rick Stockstill vs Hawaii: 0-0
Nick Rolovich vs MT: 0-0
Last MT Win: NA
Last Hawaii Win: 1993 (35-14 in Honolulu)

Looking great so far. It's a shame we didn't at least make it to the CUSA Championship game this year.

.Nevermind. 100% garbage team. Crap defense, careless turnovers, and consistently inconsistent. WE SHOULD BE BLOWING THE DOORS OFF THESE SCRUBS. Don't even know why I bother.

Nix needs to put his house up for sale.

This is a man who is the #1 paid D-Coordinator in the conference and probably has the WORST defense to show for it. Absolutely pathetic and he blames his players for the poor performances. How does he still have a job?

Stock needs to take some of that raise that he is owed and use it to buy out Nix.

Gotta love Rick's son single handedly giving this game away

That's 3 turnovers in less than 2 quarters against one of the worst teams in turnover margin in the country.

Hawaii now on a 28-0 run

This program is officially a joke.

And nothing's going to change either until people start hitting the program in the pocket book. It is, unfortunately, the only way we as fans can effectively voice our opinions.

And nothing's going to change either until people start hitting the program in the pocket book. It is, unfortunately, the only way we as fans can effectively voice our opinions.

I think it's already happening considering the 3 away SEC games scheduled in 2018

If stock jr keeps making these mistakes, throw Richie in there and start backyard football again. Might have more success.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT