ADVERTISEMENT

Has Massaro ever fired a coach?

This is wierd...the VB coach won 3 in a row and despite having a good over all record was fired based on his last 4 years. Meanwhile, our FB coach is 4-10 in his last 14 games and have been blown out multiple times with our peak now 6 years ago.

Is there a double standard?

This is wierd...the VB coach won 3 in a row and despite having a good over all record was fired based on his last 4 years. Meanwhile, our FB coach is 4-10 in his last 14 games and have been blown out multiple times with our peak now 6 years ago.

I doubt it. His record was terrible the last four years. 3 out the 4 would be the football equivalent of going 4-8. I read somewhere his contract was up May 30th. Sounds like he took his 3 game win streak(which is like a 1 game streak in FB) and getting his 750th win as his opportunity to discuss his future. It sounds like it didn't go the way he had hoped. You can tell by his reactions things were heated. My guess is CM didn't want someone that was clearly going to be a cancer hanging out any longer then necessary. This is all just a guess but I don't think you can compare it to football in any way. As much as we are down on CRS right now his last four years are 8-4,8-4, 6-6, TBD. I can only imagine the meltdown if he had put up VB's win percentage over that time. If Peck's contract was up can you really justify extending him given the performance?

There's no double standard.

There's just way more moving parts to firing a football coach vs a volleyball coach with an expiring contract.

You're way more invested in one than the other.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT