ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Guesses on attendance for blackout game?

Imagine what that SE visitors’ corner is gonna look like on ESPNU covered up in red from Jacksonville. Those folks travel well.
The rest will be empty aluminum with a few spots of blue.
I was thinking about driving over for a Blue Raider Brat……for about 10 seconds.😂

I’ll be there with a group of 4. I’d say 13,579 a lot less actually there.

5k there. Maybe.
12k announced.

And there will for sure be more Jacksonville fans than MT there.

I'm debating whether to go or not. I mean, give me something to do on a Wednesday night, but so will the other game.

Why are people still supporting this program ? Nothing will ever change if support continues. You are saying that you are okay with being a loser by going to these games.

Major beta energy.

Reactions: coachchia
Why are people still supporting this program ? Nothing will ever change if support continues. You are saying that you are okay with being a loser by going to these games.

Major beta energy.
I enjoy football games. I highly doubt my student attendance is going to make an impact.

2300. They'll announce 13 or 14K.

We've had numbers lower than this. Should have been enough to fire the entire staff. But not here. Just like 1-8 against your rival. But not here.

I could go on, but I won't. At this point I'm just here keep throwing gas on this fire. I'm NOT going to a game again or giving another penny until those clowns are gone. You shouldn't either.

Major beta energy.

Not at all surprised to see this coming from you, but there's no such thing as alphas or betas in humans and the theory in pack animals was discredited decades ago.

That said, apart from that, you're not wrong.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Same crowd we normally do. 13,066 is announced. I'd say half that in attendance. No life in the crowd at all, even when we scored.

Why are we even still doing the "blackout" game? Does any other school even do them anymore? They were popular 15 years ago but I guess that's what you get when you have an AD on autopilot.
I dont mind it, but would be ok switching it up. We do talk about traditions, and this is one, so i'd be ok keeping it. But i would like to see a white out or blue out or something.

Last edited:
Why are we even still doing the "blackout" game? Does any other school even do them anymore? They were popular 15 years ago but I guess that's what you get when you have an AD on autopilot.
I’m a Rutgers season ticket holder now and we have them every year too. This year it was against Temple and there was a pretty good showing (aka more people actually there than there are seats at Floyd Stadium).

My son and his girlfriend came home from UT for Fall break, so i saw them at home after the game they laughed at me for wearing a black shirt to the blackout game. Told me i should have worn silver to match the bleachers because with our attendance nothing was going to be blacked out. Couldn't argue.......

I'm all for these things. Blackout. Penn State White Out (100% on my bucket list to go to). UT calls theirs Dark Mode. FIU had Miami Vice. WVU does a Gold Rush. Also does Country Roads for Pitt games too that has a map of the roads between Morgantown and Pittsburgh in the uniform stripes.
I'd love a throwback every year with the old MT logos. Stuff like that is cool.

But....

It does no good if there aren't people in the stands to join in.

Reactions: Hop45 and Blue_H
I'm all for these things. Blackout. Penn State White Out (100% on my bucket list to go to). UT calls theirs Dark Mode. FIU had Miami Vice. WVU does a Gold Rush. Also does Country Roads for Pitt games too that has a map of the roads between Morgantown and Pittsburgh in the uniform stripes.
I'd love a throwback every year with the old MT logos. Stuff like that is cool.

But....

It does no good if there aren't people in the stands to join in.
The problem is that we didn't come up with the "blackout". We just started copying a ton of other schools that were doing it. Some of these other schools are coming up with original ideas and making a tradition out of it. That's good and what we should be doing. Our admin just defaults to the same lame thing every year because it's too much work to come up with something original.

There was a time we talked about having the worlds largest toga party. that would be awesome.

I agree that we could come up with our own, but i don't hate the blackout. I'm sure we could come up with a great name for it and keep it.

I have a few at the house. Am seriously thinking about wearing one Tuesday night
I asked the lady if she would wear one with me and was down. I think we might just do it lol.

Go for it!
Pictures posted here or it didn’t happen.
I am actually trying to get media credentials from the athletics department so I won’t do it yet. I think if I can get approval to essentially be the guy that asks more difficult questions during press conferences that it would be much more beneficial in the long run. Stay tuned…

Wear those bags please. I talked about it years ago but it never materialized.

My only problem with doing it is you know someone is going to come up to us and ask us to remove them or leave. I really don't want to leave if I have already made the effort to go to the game, but if I wear the bag, I also don't want to take it off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT