ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Blue & White Spring Game

Looks like they are bringing it back to what is used to be, still some things missing but very good progress.

Reactions: ewglenn
It's so refreshing to see us act like a real program again. The draft with former players coaching the teams is awesome to see. I'm sure Stock did some sort of community outreach but none of us saw it and for whatever reason, he didn't think we needed to and that was one of the rubs we had with him. Mason has already done more public outreach than Stock has ever done to my knowledge.

It's so refreshing to see us act like a real program again. The draft with former players coaching the teams is awesome to see. I'm sure Stock did some sort of community outreach but none of us saw it and for whatever reason, he didn't think we needed to and that was one of the rubs we had with him. Mason has already done more public outreach than Stock has ever done to my knowledge.
100%. When it all went down several former players said Stock did outreach, but no one knew and that was "his personality" of not broadcasting it. That is fine. Some people are that way. But that isn't what a G5 school in SEC territory needs to grow.

I'll say it again, no idea if the D Mase experiment will work on field, but off so far, the man (and the MT social media team) have done EVERYTHING right.

Reactions: Hop45
I really wish we could use this as an opportunity for Media & Entertainment students (still Mass Comm to me) and that fancy digital truck to broadcast the game on ESPN+. Create a laid back show with reports from the sidelines and guest coaches, coaches in the booth, stands, family zone, a feature on the SAPC construction, etc. Build a bit more hype.

Some of my favorite school memories are being on the truck for games that were broadcast on MT10 a few days later.

Im considering stopping by. I haven’t step foot in Floyd for about 5-6 years. It’s not because of the state of the program or my frustrations either. I live in Memphis and my work schedule for years has been Wed-Sun. I always take a week of leave in October with hopes to coming in town for a MT/Titans home game. I’ve timed it very poorly (I have to bid leave almost a year in advance) and both teams always have a bye or away game. I also had a dog who was almost 15 that needed a lot of care. Unfortunately she passed away 3 weeks ago. All those reasons are why I haven’t been to a game in awhile

I’m on vacation this week and my mom still lives in the boro. I’m coming to see her and do a bunch of honey-dos, upgrade her tvs/tech, etc. It just dawned on me the spring game is happening, so I’m considering stopping by for a few minutes

Last edited:
Chip said on the Spring Show that they would be doing an audio broadcast for the game on GoBlueRaiders.com

Listening to the audio feed. Saw the WBB team is there. I don't remember all the sports supporting each other before. Love to see it.

For those there, how's the crowd?

I went to the Memphis scrimmage this morning. Learned that Mitch Stewart is now a Senior Offensive Analyst for my Tigers. Don’t know how I should feel about this. I guess it will make Sept. 28th more interesting.
I thought Mitch was good. Nice guy.
I think the Tiggers will take care of business on September 28th.
MT looked ok but I did notice we are more disciplined. Our OL looks bigger.
No brats were serverd.

Yeah it was a good crowd yesterday. I would say 2-3k were there. Long lines at concessions so I would guess they made their money back. I talked with a few recruits and they seemed impressed.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Hate to say it but there were as many people or more at the spring game then we had at our last regular season game last year.. next year the WKU game will set the tone for the whole season. We need a good home win early.
That's why I think TN Tech game is big. It has been several years since we've opened up the season at home and with an FCS, not to mention a regional TN school. It should be extremely well attended being a 3day weekend to boot.

We should be 1-1 with WKU coming in so hopefully we can keep the momentum building. I agree that game will set the tone. Like I've said, there should be a beat WKU countdown clock in the locker room just like OSU has for Michigan. This game IS NOT just another game.

I said on X I would've loved to have seen more yesterday, but for an unknown coach and the first Spring Game in a decade, it is a great foundation to build on.

That's why I think TN Tech game is big. It has been several years since we've opened up the season at home and with an FCS, not to mention a regional TN school. It should be extremely well attended being a 3day weekend to boot.

We should be 1-1 with WKU coming in so hopefully we can keep the momentum building. I agree that game will set the tone. Like I've said, there should be a beat WKU countdown clock in the locker room just like OSU has for Michigan. This game IS NOT just another game.

I said on X I would've loved to have seen more yesterday, but for an unknown coach and the first Spring Game in a decade, it is a great foundation to build on.
TSU in 2022 had 22,227 in attendance and is by far the most people I’ve seen tailgating and in the stadium for an MTSU game since I’ve been a fan. I am hopeful that we beat that. I’m sure Tech will bring some fans, I’m hoping for at least 1k from them. There’s no reason we shouldn’t have 25k there imo. I’m trying to simmer my expectations a bit though lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT