ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Give me the top 5 all time fastest MT football players

Wasn't around for Stone.

I recall Malcolm Beyah having some speed. Mathers was very fast for a RB. Maybe not the fastest in terms of raw speed, but Reggie Whatley was insanely fast at everything he did.

Reactions: cipman2000
Pre early 2000’s I wouldn’t have had eyes on them, so based on that I’d go (in no particular order):

Desmond Gee
Whatley
Gilstrap
DD Kyles
Dobson

Reactions: cipman2000
Someone should ask Coach Stock his opinion (At least of players he's coached here). That would be interesting!

Reactions: C-Bow
Brigham Lyons is another really fast player. He played RB in the early 90's alternating with Kippy Bayless

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I don't know the 5 fastest of all time but from my eye...
1-AA - Stone
1-A - DD Kyles

I never saw either caught from behind. Lot of the guys discussed here were fast enough to get open by not lightning speed.

There is track speed and there is football speed.

Dwight Dasher in 09 had more long distance running plays than any other player in one season than I can remember. A QB running a 76 yard TD and doing it multiple times is a testament to his speed.

Whatley was another. Go watch some of his big plays.

Dobson is a burner and has Whatley speed.

Ty Lee ain't slow either.

Beyah in 08 and McClover in 09.

Calico's 4.27 40 yard dash at the combine is #7 all time I have not heard of any MT player since then running that fast either at the combine or a pro day. I wont argue against Stone because he was pre- combine
http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000917865/top-11-fastest-40-yard-dash-runs

Calico and Stone were probably the two fastest players at Middle. I was fortunate to see both play.. exciting to watch. Let’s hope Dobson gives us all the burst we need to enjoy this season.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
What's exciting about this incoming class is that we have at least 3-4 players that have speeds that are on a Dobson level. The coaches have even said this may be our fastest class we've had here. Now I don't know how true that is but if we got 1-2 players on the field at WR that are similar to Lee and Dobson in speed, then look out. It could be a fun season to watch. Jayy McDonald is another to keep your eye on. He ran track 100m in high school and owns the fastest 100m time in school history (10.48). He ain't slow. West, Mob and Him with Anderson, We are solid at RB. I'm optimistic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT