ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Former DC

He lives in my neighborhood. Always out walking the hood, but noticed he had not been around lately. Saw a couple of folks haul off his Range Rover the other day and thought it was being repossessed. Now it looks like they may have been taking it to Aggie Land...........hopefully

I'm very surprised that his son hasn't left the team. Most kids would up and leave if this happened but good for him for sticking with it.

His family will stay in Murfreesboro for the next year or so in able for a daughter to finish high school. All indications are his son is remaining a Blue Raider. Hope he can play

I wish he would have analyzed opposing offenses better while here. He would not have looked so lost every game.

Good news for the athletic bottom line. IIRC, Nix's contract at MT included offsets so his employment at TAMU will reduce MT's financial obligation after his termination

It might not since he is just an adviser and not a coach. Might be the reason why he took that position and not another one.

It might not since he is just an adviser and not a coach. Might be the reason why he took that position and not another one.
The "senior analyst" position is a coach, just not one of the allotted 9 on-field coaches allowed under NCAA rules, though that doesn't stop some schools from using their analysts on the field in some way.

FWIW, the NCAA is expected to vote in favor of adding a 10th on-field coach in April. Nix could become the 10th on-field coach then

Reactions: SpaceRaider
That is crazy. Brent is stronger than most of the offense!

Ty Nix is up to 282 lbs in his weight now. That's a good size too. He will be playing this year.

That is crazy. Brent is stronger than most of the offense!

Ty Nix is up to 282 lbs in his weight now. That's a good size too. He will be playing this year.
He had a great motor in high school. If he can still play like he did in high school with the additional weight, then he has a chance to be productive on the field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT