ADVERTISEMENT

For those who attended MTSU....

The Minnesota game was fun for sure. It was wild the last time UT came to MC, but there was a lot of urnge in there. But man, without question, the loudest and most electric atmosphere was the WKU home game when we were ranked, Giddy's senior year. I had never seen the student body that engaged in a game. And we absolutely wiped with floor with Western. That was the pinnacle. It all ended 8 days later.
That game against Western is what stands out for me. Best environment I have ever been in. I was surrounded by WKU fans as well. Guess winning like we did helped.

Reactions: ewglenn
And rivals, heck. Coaches have been put under fire and canned for not beating their rival. Cough Michigan/Ohio St. I wish a certain someone didn't treat WKU as "just another game".
Exhibit A on why there is a disconnect between the football program and the fan base. And it will never change with RS as HC. I always go back to what KD said, "To be a national program, you have to act like a national program."

05-09. We had a whole mess of friends living in College Grove and it was an absolute blast constantly.

Some good days in FB. We would dominate Memphis regularly and I specifically remember a Blackout Game against them where finding seats was kind of a task. Whole upper deck was mostly full. The Grove was always packed and tailgating was lively. Seemed to be more energy in general. Im hopeful if/when winning return we can get back there.

Right before the good times in Bball.
Yeah I was there for hoops glory years

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT