ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL FAU is the D1 "Last Chance U"

blueraiderJT

Hall of Famer
Oct 15, 2006
Now John Franklin will now transfer to FAU as a grad transfer.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...klin-iii-transfer-auburn-tigers?sf106310856=1

He is now the 3rd or 4th Last Chance U alum to join that team. DeAndre Johnson is also another QB on that roster that took over at EMCC when Franklin left. Johnson is the better talent IMO.

FAU also got the Oklahoma QB transfer too. Basically, if you went to jail and didn't kill someone with witnesses watching, you can play for Kiffin. Kiffin doesn't give a crap and will be gone by the time the APR bites this school in the butt. He doesn't care, he just wants bodies. I wouldn't be surprised if he's not paying them under the table. They will have talent but Franklin and Johnson have weaknesses. Johnson can flat out run and make the power throws but he is beatable.

The D will still be bad and the O line is still not that great.

how is apr going to affect them? None of those kids were at emcc because of grades. if you watched the show, you would've seen MT mail laying on that table also. don't hate because he was able to get true 4 and 5 star talent to come to Boca.

how is apr going to affect them? None of those kids were at emcc because of grades. if you watched the show, you would've seen MT mail laying on that table also. don't hate because he was able to get true 4 and 5 star talent to come to Boca.
I've watched all of season 1 and about half of season 2. The only one I've noticed with MT stuff is the small RB (Isaiah)

I saw he had it and I saw a lot of it on one of the tables in season. my point wasn't about MT, its about bashing the kids like grades are the reason the kids are there. if we could've gotten some of those kids we would've took them. that's why MT was recruiting them. We can have good kids all day, but if you don't have a lil dawg and thug in your kids you don't take that next and win championships. People like to complain how western, are a bunch of thugs, but they winning. You can be middle of the road with nice players or you can win with a thug love.

I'm not worried. Lane Kiffin is a heck of a recruiter but we all know his coaching record. If he can't win at USC, what makes anyone think he will win at FAU?

I saw he had it and I saw a lot of it on one of the tables in season. my point wasn't about MT, its about bashing the kids like grades are the reason the kids are there. if we could've gotten some of those kids we would've took them. that's why MT was recruiting them. We can have good kids all day, but if you don't have a lil dawg and thug in your kids you don't take that next and win championships. People like to complain how western, are a bunch of thugs, but they winning. You can be middle of the road with nice players or you can win with a thug love.

The grades aren't the issue. Many of those kids don't have a work ethic and do have an attitude. Very glad we didn't get Isiah Wright. That kid already left West Georgia. I also love how they considered anyone besides a P5 a small time school. One kid on that show had offers from WKU and was like, I can do better. They've won 23 games and 2 conference titles in 2 years but he can do better with no other offers. I don't want a kid like that.

John Franklin is a graduate transfer meaning he already has a degree in hand. Johnson only made one mistake( although it was pretty egregious) watching season 2 he seems like a really good kid. His parents were very po'ed at him which tells me he has a very good foundation and he probably wont screw up again. 1 of two things is about to happen at FAU. They will end up being pretty good and Lane won't be there long or Lane will continue to take chances with P5 castoffs and they end up biting him in the butt down the line and he gets fired. I don't Think De'Andre Johnson will be a problem for them. I think Franklin is a spoiled brat but he will only be there for 1 season so he probably isnt going to do any damage

Johnson seemed like the real deal. He impressed me more than any other player through both seasons. Seems to have a good head on his shoulders, despite his one very big mistake.

I'm not worried. Lane Kiffin is a heck of a recruiter but we all know his coaching record. If he can't win at USC, what makes anyone think he will win at FAU?
I'm no Kiffin fan but he did win at USC. He was under ncaa sanctions with only 50 or so scholarships. 10 and 2 I think in 2012.
I don't like him but his coaching abilities are underrated.

Kiffin and Briles Jr. are good strategic minds and coaches. Can they motivate and stay positive in the middle of adversity and keep these kids from falling apart like fish on a grill? We'll see. It's not the recruiting or the coaching ability that is the problem. It's the team building and promotion of family that will be lacking because everyone will be in it for themselves including the head coach and that will be what defines them.

As a head coach, Kiffin is a Jeckyll/Hyde type. You just don't know what he will do or if the losses happen, how he'll respond. Kiffin's personal issues throw of off the rails and that could easily happen in Ft. Lauderdale.

Last edited:
Kiffin and Briles Jr. are good strategic minds and coaches. Can they motivate and stay positive in the middle of adversity and keep these kids from falling apart like fish on a grill? We'll see. It's not the recruiting or the coaching ability that is the problem. It's the team building and promotion of family that will be lacking because everyone will be in it for themselves including the head coach and that will be what defines them.

As a head coach, Kiffin is a Jeckyll/Hyde type. You just don't know what he will do or if the losses happen, how he'll respond. Kiffin's personal issues throw of off the rails and that could easily happen in Ft. Lauderdale.
Good points JT. Sad part is I could see Kiffin winning a conference championship in the next 3 years and MT still looking for our first.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT