ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Fall Practice Begins

MTFAN61

All Conference
Gold Member
Aug 11, 2022
Open practice this Friday for the ladies from 1:30 -3:30, followed by a meet & greet. Has anyone made plans to attend prior to the football game? Anticipated to possibly be one of Rick's best teams ever.

Have to work Fri afternoon, but will be at game with friends that night. Look forward to hearing your reports on how the team looks thus far!

Hope this team is as good as the buzz around it is. Everyone talking about how deep we are but, as we know, CRI usually only plays 6. Hope he uses the bench more this year to develop and keep good players from sitting and then transferring.

New twitter update announced from men's team. Similar open practice for men at the Murph from 3:30 - 5:30 just before game time.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Possible bad news on the men's front. Andy Herzer reported on wgns sports podcast guard Jalen Jordan will likely have an mri for leg damage for 2nd year in a row. With Donovan Sims graduation Jordan was going to be an important key at point guard. Fingers crossed & best wishes to him. No true specifics given other than upcoming mri

Hope this team is as good as the buzz around it is. Everyone talking about how deep we are but, as we know, CRI usually only plays 6. Hope he uses the bench more this year to develop and keep good players from sitting and then transferring.
There were some very nice words from Andy Herzer in a recent podcast mentioned below about the women's team. He sat down with coach Nick McDevitt to watch the ladies practice. They both apparently gushed over their progress. To paraphrase, Nick reportedly discussed with Andy that whether talking men's or women's b'ball this will be one of the nations best shooting teams, & used the term "dynamic" when watching them practice. For those wanting to listen, wgns all sports podcast Wed Sept 28

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Possible bad news on the men's front. Andy Herzer reported on wgns sports podcast guard Jalen Jordan will likely have an mri for leg damage for 2nd year in a row. With Donovan Sims graduation Jordan was going to be an important key at point guard. Fingers crossed & best wishes to him. No true specifics given other than upcoming mri
The amount of injuries this team has had the past few years has been crazy.

Well, last year he seemed to finally open up the bench a bit more. With so many players coming back who he "trusts" more, I think that trend may continue (and be a big positive)

Reactions: MTFAN61
With the money I am saving by NOT buying football tickets, I went ahead and bought to season tickets for MBB this year. Went to about 6 games last year and this team was incredibly fun to watch. A little out of control at times, but man they play hard!

With the money I am saving by NOT buying football tickets, I went ahead and bought to season tickets for MBB this year. Went to about 6 games last year and this team was incredibly fun to watch. A little out of control at times, but man they play hard!
I have been thinking about buying a WBB season ticket next to family tix, even though I live in NYC area. Hope to make several games this year though.

Reactions: ewglenn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT