ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Fall Camp thread

Really hoping the new S&C coach will pay dividends. Obviously wasn't happy about all the injuries last year, but I also felt like we got shoved around on the lines in a few too many games early in the season.

I like that he's focusing more on strength and a little less on conditioning.

Who do we think that is new can make a big impact this season?
Who will be our back up QB?
Not sure many new players will make a big impact this year. I'm sure several of the JUCO's we signed will get some playing time but not really sure about any of the Freshman. Below are a few guys who I am looking forward to seeing.

1. Brad Anderson - I haven't heard his name mentioned much so far. He had a heck of a year last year at RB before he got hurt and he was only a freshman. This is the first year in a while where we seem to be set at RB.
2. Gatlin Casey - We need someone to step up on the other side of Ty Lee and Casey may be the guy. He is a transfer from Lehigh and had over 60 catches last year.
3. Raheme Fuller - We lost both DB's from last year. Fuller is huge for a DB at 6-3 205. He was a highly regarded signee as well. I'm hoping he can make some strides after redshirting last year.
4. Jocquez Bruce - He got a few glimpses into what Bruce can do last year but I think the coaching staff underutilized him for the most part. He's a guy we can line up at RB or WR and could be a huge weapon.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
The two Juco offensive lineman. They are critical to having the depth needed to win the conference championship. I'm stunned about what Franklin said about the line and what he said about Stockstill. He kind of gave us a hint that our offense will be really good this year.

"The first three practices – on Friday, Saturday and Sunday – will be open to the public for the first 20 minutes. The rest of fall camp will be closed."

Anybody trying to go watch 20 minutes of practice?

Reactions: MTOleBlue and C-Bow
Why do coaches wear long sleeve shirts in the heat?

Long sleeves keep you cooler in direct heat. Some researchers studied the net heat gain and heat loss in long sleeve versus shorts and found that if you were loose-fitting UV protecting long sleeves, you actually stay a bit cooler. Now the wrong material or too tight...bad news.

When I worked for my uncle's excavation company in HS, I thought he was nuts wearing long-sleeve shirts and pants. My first day was t-shirt and shorts. Within a month I had switched...it made a huge difference. Its the same reason that bedouins in the desert wear long robes.

I was thinking the same thing. Sounds a lot like his father. They love that "compete" word.

Let's start "winning" conference championships.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
With the transfers and Blankenship back there, he had no shot at PT as a safety. Coach Dibiate requested the move since he saw potential as an outside pass rusher and potential ball hawk on passing downs.

This is scary. We are recruiting guys that can't even compete at their own positions within our team. What's scary, is that Smith was even noticing it in the first week of practice last year. Hopefully he works out at LB.

I guess you sad that we recruited Brooks, he couldn't play in the secondary either.

wow, i can't believe he said he wasn't good enough to play safety.

Not sure I would be too worked up about it, isn't it the Alabama process to recruit lean faster guys and put size on them and move them down into the front seven (tall LBs into DL, Safeties into LBs, etc).

it's not the fact he got moved, it's the fact that he said he wasn't good enough to play safety. I never would've said i wasn't good enough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT