ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Fall Camp thread

it's not the fact he got moved, it's the fact that he said he wasn't good enough to play safety. I never would've said i wasn't good enough.

You want the kid to have supreme confidence in himself but there has to be something said for someone who's pragmatic about their capabilities after they've arrived on on the practice field and made the determination.

I rather have that then the kid that say, 'Coach, I got this!' and then spends the next 60 minutes getting burned on every play.

it's not the fact he got moved, it's the fact that he said he wasn't good enough to play safety. I never would've said i wasn't good enough.
Seriously? Is it the wisest thing to jump on a kid who realized he wasn't "good enough" for one position but could help at another?

There are many things in life that we aren't "good enough" to do. The problem is not realizing that we aren't "good enough," the problem is giving up before finding out how - or where - we can be good enough.

I went from being a 3-11 youth football coach to learning from a coaches who are currently in the ACC, Big 10, and SEC. You know why? Because I realized I wasn't good enough and I was going to outwork and outlast anybody to be the best.

I never was a "good enough" shooting a basketball to be a shooting guard and wasn't tall enough to play the post, but I made an impact on the teams I played on because I played harder, smarter, and was more versatile than my opponent.

Sorry...didn't mean to preach...

Seriously? Is it the wisest thing to jump on a kid who realized he wasn't "good enough" for one position but could help at another?

There are many things in life that we aren't "good enough" to do. The problem is not realizing that we aren't "good enough," the problem is giving up before finding out how - or where - we can be good enough.

I went from being a 3-11 youth football coach to learning from a coaches who are currently in the ACC, Big 10, and SEC. You know why? Because I realized I wasn't good enough and I was going to outwork and outlast anybody to be the best.

I never was a "good enough" shooting a basketball to be a shooting guard and wasn't tall enough to play the post, but I made an impact on the teams I played on because I played harder, smarter, and was more versatile than my opponent.

Sorry...didn't mean to preach...

No problem, but i was not jumping on the kid. I just made a comment that he said he wasn't good enough.

RB's in 2018:

Terelle West
Brad Anderson
Tavares Thomas
Maurice Gordon
Chaton Mobley
Landon Board
D'Monte Kemp

RB's from 2017 who are no longer RB's:

Jocquez Bruce - now a WR
Will Mitchell - no longer on roster
Desmond Anderson - now a CB

3 headed monster that can get you short yardage, 2nd level running or pass completions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT