ADVERTISEMENT

Facilities Ground Breaking Announced!!!

Massaro is in the latter part (about the 36:35 mark) of this video talking buildblue in front of the Board.
Ya know, Chris and his entire speech proved to me that the IPF should be the next phase. With making the new entrance beside the SAPC, I get doing it first. But they talk about the importance of MC, keeping it modern (it needed renovated when I was there 20+yrs ago), making a good impression on potential future students, but what about the track? That thing has got to go and isn't the track going in the IPF?

but what about the track? That thing has got to go and isn't the track going in the IPF?
The only rendering I have seen of the IPF does not include a indoor track. I've asked questions about it before, getting not much more than cricketts. Track is possibly the most successful program athletics has. It seems short sighted/negligent not being clear about the future.

He mentioned ( cough, cough) needing to increase the attendance for football to help reach the 500,00 mark.
Just 20 K per game would put him close to that number, not to mention the economic impact it would have.
He also talked about how friends and family visiting these events could be a positive for future attendance. What better way to impress a kid than a great game day experience?
I know this was maybe not the time to bring this up to the board , but it had to be a topic of discussion within his department as he prepared for this presentation. When discussing MC and Floyd attendance, how could it not?

He mentioned ( cough, cough) needing to increase the attendance for football to help reach the 500,00 mark.
Just 20 K per game would put him close to that number, not to mention the economic impact it would have.
He also talked about how friends and family visiting these events could be a positive for future attendance. What better way to impress a kid than a great game day experience?
I know this was maybe not the time to bring this up to the board , but it had to be a topic of discussion within his department as he prepared for this presentation. When discussing MC and Floyd attendance, how could it not?
I think that's exactly why that slide just had a total attendance number and wasn't broken down. I mean he has the individual stats to get that total. It just looks better to have that big final number.

Reactions: MarJac23
Watching GameDay at JMU. Reminded me of how far we have been left behind. We are no more than a middle of the pack FCS program.
Winning cures everything, if we were 10-0 ranked #18 in the AP poll and had a win over an instate P5 team we’d look the exact same. The problem is our coach cannot win so we’re left behind. Stock has to go.

"...we can draw better in football, that we can do much better in there. Uh, those are big numbers and big opportunities..."

"...we can draw better in football, that we can do much better in there. Uh, those are big numbers and big opportunities..."
I threw up a little bit in my mouth when he said that.

If Steve Smith ( or anyone on the board for that matter) had any intestinal fortitude they would have called him out on that. I’d like to see CM sweat just a little bit addressing that one

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I don't know what the Board is good for. I use to think it might make a positive impact as opposed to McPhee and the rest of the circus clowns, but that board has been a huge disappointment. Useless.

As far as I can tell, Freeman was the only one asking questions, and challenging the narrative from McPhee and his lackeys, before his untimely passing. He was one thing about the board that had any credibility.

Last edited:
That stuff is on the list of pisses me off.

Yeah you can do better, so do it. That doesn't mean signs, posters, a free fanny pack, basketball tickets, beer, a fun zone. Are those things bad, no. But show you care. At least force a staff change of some sort. Do something.

I've been told multiple times by people in the department that "we care..we want champs".
Then freaking show it.

You have to absolutely salute a small town & community like Troy. The city is slightly smaller than the university enrollment of about 18,000. But look at the community support & $ investment they make back into the school. It took years of dedication & desire where a university, it's athletic dept, & city all come together as one.
I doubt if I'll ever live long enough to see that happen in Murfreesboro, but I guess I can still dream a little.

You have to absolutely salute a small town & community like Troy. The city is slightly smaller than the university enrollment of about 18,000. But look at the community support & $ investment they make back into the school. It took years of dedication & desire where a university, it's athletic dept, & city all come together as one.
I doubt if I'll ever live long enough to see that happen in Murfreesboro, but I guess I can still dream a little.
The town and gown are both dominated by mediocre dimwits and political hacks in all their institutions and activities.

Anyone know what other upgrades are coming to Floyd in relation to the SAPC, besides the new scoreboard I heard about?

Only things I know of are the video board and some additional suites.
A lot of it is on the lower level, right? Expanding basketball offices and whatnot now that football will be over.

Still haven't seen if the track is coming out now or after the IPF is built. I think I saw someone say that new plans have the IPF NOT having a track? So it stays in the Murph?

Man it must be nice having a billionaire for a donor that demand things. Geez.
Yea, but demanding the city hand over a stadium to the university. I guess it not a bad deal to let the school deal with the costs of maintenance and upgrades.

Can someone enlighten me how it could the city their NBA team? Does he have some ownership stake and threatening to move the team? I feel like I missed something...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT