ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB Exhibitions

MTOleBlue

All American
Gold Member
Sep 30, 2015
The first exhibition is against Lindsey Wilson (also Blue Raiders!) a week from today. I'm interested to see the following:
  1. How has the offense improved?
  2. What will the starting lineup look like?
  3. Which freshmen will compete for PT?
  4. How deep will our rotation be?

The first exhibition is against Lindsey Wilson (also Blue Raiders!) a week from today. I'm interested to see the following:
  1. How has the offense improved?
  2. What will the starting lineup look like?
  3. Which freshmen will compete for PT?
  4. How deep will our rotation be?

I believe LWC is the reigning NAIA National Champs. It may not be as easy we might normally think of an exhibition, especially since we are depending on some players that still have not done much on the college level.

I believe LWC is the reigning NAIA National Champs. It may not be as easy we might normally think of an exhibition, especially since we are depending on some players that still have not done much on the college level.
Last year they lost in the Second Round of the tournament, but they look pretty good for an NAIA team.

First exhibition is this afternoon. LWC is ranked #13 in the NAIA Top 25 poll. That said we should win fairly comfortably but it should be an excellent opening test.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Apparently there is no online broadcast for this game. If there is, it's not working. Classic...

Good win over the #13 Lindsey Wilson Blue Raiders. 90-45!

Raiders led in scoring by Jadona Davis with 16. She had a great game.

The press is BACK, baby! 40 turnovers for LWC.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Lauro wasn't dress out. What's the story there.
She had a minor foot/ankle injury. Should be back in action for Vandy. Per the radio guys. Also Insell indicated that Ra’shika White might be getting a waiver this year to be immediately eligible - still no decision. If so then she’ll probably be getting time Wednesday.

Second exhibition is tonight. Trevecca. Coached by former Blackman HC Chad Hibdon.

Well Insell finally loses an exhibition game to Trevecca. Not sure if he's ever coached a game as poorly as he did tonight. Jadona Davis was the offense in the 3rd quarter then he sits her until 3 minutes in the 4th. Clearly we need a lineup with some chemistry, including Davis-Johnson-Sutton-Louro-Jones as the starting lineup I think. We desperately need Louro back. AJ needs to work on her rebounding, as a PF she should be grabbing 10+ per game. Trevecca's starters each played over 25 minutes. I get wanting to rotate your newer players into the game but this is not building chemistry at all...

No question to me that Jadona Davis should be starting. She is clearly the most proficient on offense.

Wow. Don't think it's a good sign if we get taken to the woodshed by Trevecca.

that #4 from Carthage wore us out. Their guards were beating ours down the court on breaks. I thought we'd be quicker and more athletic than we showed.

We left with over 4 minutes to go and down 16...

Not very encouraging for what's to come...

chad is a helluva coach, he needs to be the replacement for insell when he retires

Wasn't this an exhibition? If so, I think its great we got beat...leads to the players being humble and leads to coaching. I wasn't there but that is why they play practice games.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Wasn't so long ago that the men lost an exhibition game to Martin Methodist. We all thought that was possibly the low point of Davis' tenure and there was debate that he should go. Seemed to work out pretty well after all.
Gotta hope this is floor in Insell's career at MT and it's all up from here.

Definitely not the end of the world. In fact, this should be a stepping stone for the team to get better - and they should be better than last year.

As an exhibition, one is working on combinations, seeing how players respond with the clock running, special situations, and countless other things we have not thought about because we've not been in their practices. I would not set your course for the cliff's edge yet... Give the Ladies a chance to become a team...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT