ADVERTISEMENT

Don't look now, but Vandy Tied with #3 Ole Miss late 3rd

Not sure what it means for MT at this point, but it looked like Vandy just gave #3 Ole Miss all they wanted at Ole Miss.

Ole Miss had the classic big win hangover too. They looked sluggish as heck. It wasn't because of Vandy either. I'm not worried. We play better at home.

Ole Miss had the classic big win hangover too. They looked sluggish as heck. It wasn't because of Vandy either. I'm not worried. We play better at home.

I really really hope you are right. After the stinging loss today, my outlook and confidence for next week's game is a little less confident. That, and I'm wondering if Vandy is becoming more competitive this year with Mason running the defense and the offense being given time to develop with their young QB. So is it Vandy significantly improving, or is it Vandy just happening to catch other teams at inopportune times? Irregardless, I'm thinking this game is going to be more difficult than I thought before the season started. Clearly, I don't think Vandy has gotten over the hump...yet, but it appears that they are playing more competitively. Then again, that would be consistent with "same ole vandy," play good teams close and competitively before ultimately finding a way to lose.

I do hope that strong performing MTSU team at home shows up next week vs Vandy.

To think, some Vandy fans complain nothing to gain and everything to lose while MTSU has everything to gain and nothing to lose. At this point, I see that as a load of crap. If MT beats Vandy? We were supposed to beat them. What else do we get? If we lose to them though, abject humiliation, disgrace, and shame. Us folks at MTSU would never hear the end of it! I'd say MT would have quite a bit to lose. Not to mention our dignity and self-respect.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT