ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Discussion regarding Middle Tennessee

Folks, our fan support is not so great and that's the first thing people notice. We gotta get butts in the seats.

And half the AAC isn't much better. While some of these schools have some decent crowds, we really are not that far away.

Reactions: MidTnBlues
We have to win some championships, undisputed, NO kiss your sister, back into the back side of CO-championships, shared with opponents the Raiders lost to. MT has not won a football conference championship since the early 90s. Decades ago, in 1AA. The Raiders can NOT get blown out by two of our conference peers on the road in the same season. We can not give up 4th quarter 10 point leads at home (twice last season) or any fourth quarter lead on the road. Our defense is too often MIA when faced with top of the conference opponents, or mediocre or worse P5 opponents. When we have a P5 at home we need to win, no freaking excuses.

When the Blue Raiders do that, then we may start to grow a fan base that has been abused for far too long by an absence of conference championships and bowl victories.

Last edited:
We have to win some championships, undisputed, NO kiss your sister, back into the back side of CO-championships, shared with opponents the Raiders lost to. MT has not won a football conference championship since the early 90s. Decades ago, in 1AA. The Raiders can NOT get blown by two of our conference piers on the road in the same season. We can not give up 4th quarter 10 point leads at home (twice last season) or any fourth quarter lead on the road. Our defense is too often MIA when faced with top of the conference opponents, or mediocre or worse P5 opponents. When we have a P5 at home we need to win, no freaking excuses.

When the Blue Raiders do that, then we may start to grow a fan base that has been abused for far too long by an absence of conference championships and bowl victories.

Attendance has been one of the biggest indicators in my reasons for concern the last couple of years. There is so much to like about coach stock that I sometimes cut him some slack on some losses each year. Then I look at attendance and the general lack of energy and buzz among football fans, and that causes concern.

Hopefully, this new season will start to see improvements where they are needed. The same could be said about most new seasons. At least this season there are some pieces in place for MT to start to take that step forward.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
I was in Jackson, TN last weekend and saw where Memphis State football was having a pubic invited "Meet and Greet" at Trinity Christian School. I know the team begins practice at Jackson at Memphis - Lambuth Campus , but what a unique idea for them to reach out to another community with this event.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/32754320/tigers-scrimmage-in-jackson-tn
They also had a Spring Practice scrimmage at Father Ryan. Norvell has identified Middle Tennessee as a really good area for players. The big 4-star kid from Davidson Academy committed this week. The Jackson trip was a three-day outing and the Tigers moved preseason camp to the UofM Lambuth campus. The final day scrimmage was held at Trinity hosted by former Tiger, Blake Butler, TCA's Head Coach. My college roommate and I attended the scrimmage together and the turnout was unbelievable. Fans even drove over from Memphis.

No. My daughter lives just down the road and we drove by heading out for lunch. My niece is a manager on the football team at TCA.. I saw the stands filling up and saw the Memphis bus. I think this is a unique idea to market yourself and team to another community.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT