ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB CUSA Tourney - Lady Raiders vs Southern Miss

Glad Petty looked okay at the end last night. The way she fell I almost thought she broke her ankle. Talk about a season killer.

Sorry to see Ty Petty's career end. What a painfully ugly game to watch, but then that's been what the whole season has been like. Even when winning, it was pretty ugly. Never felt like this team had a safe lead in this game and expected they would find a way to give it away.

Speaking as a long time Lady Raider fan and season ticket holder, I don't have a whole lot of faith that things will be as 'good' next season as they were this year. This is a terribly unathletic and slow team. The freshmen don't seem to hold much promise and I have doubts about the incoming class. I hope I am wrong, but I feel like the last few years, MT's level of play went from near untouchable to a mediocre, pedestrian level. Some serious upgrades in talent and athleticism is needed.

Aren't we bringing in at least one really good girl? Thought I heard we had a potential WNBA type girl signed. I know one player won't brig this team back around, but hopefully we can build back up.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Aren't we bringing in at least one really good girl? Thought I heard we had a potential WNBA type girl signed. I know one player won't brig this team back around, but hopefully we can build back up.

Watched Kara Meadows, one of our signees yesterday in the TSSAA tournament., She scored 28 points but fits the Insell blueprint...big (ie fat), slow, and can barely run up and down the court. Appeared the only reason she scores is because she is a half a foot taller than other players. But I am sure Matt Riley will whip her into shape like he does all the girls:) I have heard that the other two recruits are much more athletic...we can only hope as I am so tired of us recruiting slow and un-athletic players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT