ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB Selection Show

Still forecast by ESPN to be heading to Columbus as a #10 seed and facing #7 North Carolina. Wouldn't be the worst draw, not the best either.

I've seen mostly two options: #10 seed vs #7 North Carolina in Columbus, OH and #11 seed vs #6 Louisville in Storrs, CT. Personally prefer the CT option as it's drivable for me, but both are the "better" options than being stuck with LSU, Iowa, SC, etc.

Whatever gives us the better 1st round match up is fine with me. Using last year's seeding as an example I'm expecting an 11 seed over a 10. Last year's squad had a higher NET than this year's team, but still was given only an 11 seed. Believe I would prefer UNC over Louisville. Louisville's coach will not let his team forget what happened to the Card's in Murfreesboro last year.
My number 1 hope for this team is we don't open the game 1-17 from the field before getting going. If we can get our shooting eye back without early nerves or jitters playing a factor we can have a chance against a lot of people. Especially if we tandem up Iullia & Nas. For me winning next week boils down to whether we shoot below 42% or 45% & above. If we can do the latter we're in the game till the end.

Whatever gives us the better 1st round match up is fine with me. Using last year's seeding as an example I'm expecting an 11 seed over a 10. Last year's squad had a higher NET than this year's team, but still was given only an 11 seed. Believe I would prefer UNC over Louisville. Louisville's coach will not let his team forget what happened to the Card's in Murfreesboro last year.
My number 1 hope for this team is we don't open the game 1-17 from the field before getting going. If we can get our shooting eye back without early nerves or jitters playing a factor we can have a chance against a lot of people. Especially if we tandem up Iullia & Nas. For me winning next week boils down to whether we shoot below 42% or 45% & above. If we can do the latter we're in the game till the end.
But unfortunately if we have one of those 1-15 or 1-18 starts from the field against a high quality team the game will be over before the 2nd quarter starts. Fingers crossed there won't be any severe early game jitters. If the ladies come out motivated & ready to go then this team has a good opportunity to do something special.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Definitely need a hot start from 3. Take a page from Colorado's playbook last year and really open it up that way. Speaking of that team, I think we have a lot of similarities with the P5 composition they showed very well in that NCAA run - tall, athletic post players; great guard play; capable 3 point shooting; great defense... I like our chances this year.

Reactions: MTFAN61
I remember CRI saying to Dick Palmer during the final regular season Monday night coaches show that he planned on having another show or two.
Any word yet if MT will be producing another Monday night Coach show after tonight's selection party at the Boulevard?

I remember CRI saying to Dick Palmer during the final regular season Monday night coaches show that he planned on having another show or two.
Any word yet if MT will be producing another Monday night Coach show after tonight's selection party at the Boulevard?
No word, but that was also my understanding.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT