ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB CUSA Tourney: Middle Tennessee vs LaTech, 5:30PM, Friday, March 15, 2024

Huge semifinal game... hope we continue the upswing against LA Tech. I think our season opener being so close and the ladies knowing how dangerous they can be will help us out in this one. Plus the crowd advantage

Interesting that our tourney games are against the two teams that played us closest in the regular season games. In the two games against La Tech and UTEP our average margin of victory was 12 and 13, respectively; all other conference does we beat by 20+ on average. This team seems out to prove something and beat UTEP by 28; I hope that trend continues.

I think something that will get lost in shuffle of this tournament is how difficult the road to a championship could/will be.

Your closest home conference game was UTEP (11-point margin on 1/18), had to beat them in the quarters. Then your closest conference game all season @ LA Tech (3-point OT on 1/10), will have to beat them in the semis. Then, lastly you're more than likely going to draw Liberty, the clear #2 in CUSA.

Obviously all championships are difficult but I could think of a few teams I would have rather played than UTEP and LT in the first 2 rounds. I supposed it will make the COY debacle even more satisfying.

Has anyone else heard anything about us bidding to host NCAA games? I haven't, but someone asked me today if I knew anything about it. They have heard we would be bidding.

For years, the NCAA has shafted us in round 1/2 locations. If this were to be Insell's last ride, I can't think of a better way to go out and anyone more deserving of the opportunity to play at home. Factor in an experienced team and the thought of this possibility is tantalizing.

Yeah unfortunately we are not in the running to host this year. Have to be a top 16 team and unfortunately we aren't anywhere near that right now... at the end of the season that might be a different story! Hopefully we can make the tourney and get a nearby site.

31-30, Raiders trail at the half. Some uncharacteristic turnovers and Tech has been hot. Would love to put the fire out in the third. The longer they stay in it, the more confident they get.

Reactions: tyler90wm
45-42, Raiders regain the lead after 3 quarters.....
We haven't had one of our big runs this game. Hopefully it comes shortly and is emphatic.

Nobody even looking at Boldy after setting a screen. She's been open for a pass several times this game, but we kick out and miss a three every time.

Tech gave it everything that had. Raiders with excellent composure against a team much better than their record. Great free throw shooting played a big role, especially at the end. MT's had 2 slow consecutive starts that's made it tough to fight back from.
No doubt we must come out with more authority against Liberty, which is taking it to NMSU right now.
Raiders will have to fight for this championship tomorrow night. Against Liberty will need to get our offensive flow back.

Really showed a lot of guts today with this win. Tech has given us our toughest games of the year and we’ve gone 3-0 against them. Can’t wait for the championship tomorrow - whole family is heading down. Gonna be a fantastic atmosphere. Crowd for ladies today was 2,700 and almost all Blue Raider fans.

Really showed a lot of guts today with this win. Tech has given us our toughest games of the year and we’ve gone 3-0 against them. Can’t wait for the championship tomorrow - whole family is heading down. Gonna be a fantastic atmosphere. Crowd for ladies today was 2,700 and almost all Blue Raider fans.
That was a great turn out. MT & WKU fans combined might represent 70% of the tournament fan base.

Tomorrow is gonna be huge with both schools playing in the championship games, respectively. Hopefully we can beat the snot out of Liberty (yuck)…

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT