ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL CUSA Championship Game: Middle Tennessee vs Old Dominion, 1:30PM, Saturday, 3/12/2016

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
excerpt:

...The Old Dominion Monarchs and Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders meet Saturday in the C-USA Championship.

The Old Dominion Monarchs look for another win after beating Western Kentucky on Friday. The Old Dominion Monarchs are averaging 68.9 points on 44.5 percent shooting and allowing 62 points on 39.8 percent shooting. Trey Freeman is averaging 21.8 points and 3.2 assists while Aaron Bacote is averaging 12.5 points and 2.7 rebounds. Brandan Stith is the third double-digit scorer and Zoran Talley is grabbing 4.7 rebounds. The Old Dominion Monarchs are shooting 29.6 percent from beyond the arc and 67.4 percent from the free throw line. The Monarchs are allowing 30.9 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 39 rebounds per game. The Old Dominion Monarchs are 3-2 on neutral courts this season.

The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders look for another win after beating Marshall on Friday. The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders are averaging 72.4 points on 44.9 percent shooting and allowing 68.1 points on 42.7 percent shooting. Giddy Potts is averaging 15.1 points and 5.6 rebounds while Reggie Upshaw is averaging 13.9 points and 2.1 assists. Perrin Buford is grabbing 5.8 rebounds and Quavius Copeland is dishing 1.9 assists. The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders are shooting 38.5 percent from beyond the arc and 60.6 percent from the free throw line. The Blue Raiders are allowing 34.7 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 37 rebounds per game. The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders are 4-0 on neutral courts this season.....

Is today finally the day when an MT team takes the bull by the horns on the biggest stage and gets the job done??

Is today finally the day when an MT team takes the bull by the horns on the biggest stage and gets the job done??

I think so! This team is tough and I can hear the confidence going into this game from the players. This year feels like it is ours.

Very upset I couldn't watch the game last night even though I have cable but not the super duper package. I hope Massaro works on that in the offseason.

On another note. There is a 50% chance that I will be the happiest guy in the world at about 3:45!

Go Blue Raiders!!!

I feel like if we play our game we will win by 10. ODU has a great guard, he will drive and try to get our bigs in foul trouble. If we can keep him from going off we will be fine.

I am beginning to take these lines from Vegas as a form of disrespect!

We shot 33%, they shot 38%. I am following on the ESPN app. I am assume we pulled out Harris and Potts the last 3 mins.

Looking at numbers alone, this was a 50/50 game. They out rebounded and got more 2nd chance points. We shot the ball a bit better from 3, every other stat was a pretty much a wash.

Gotta give Kermit and his boys credit. They found a way to win a tough, gritty game. They earned this championship

ODU was one of the hottest teams in the country! So proud of how we never gave up and clawed our way to victory!!!! Goin to the dance baby!!!!!!!! MTSU! MTSU! Go Raiders Go!!!!!!

Colin Cowherd on Monday:

"On second thought...."

Colin-Cowherd-Yanked-Off-The-Air.jpg

Anyone else thinks it is funny that this is on the heels of cowherd? If I were in MT marketing I would use every bit of it.

Reactions: dukewayne
I thought I would be screaming and celebrating. Instead, I just sat here with a big smile and an almost can't believe it finally happened thought on my mind. Huge relief. Glad for the team and Kermit.

I must admit, every time MT got down by more than a point or two I would get that sinking here we go again feeling. I'm so glad that curse of coming up short in conference tournaments is over! Talk about overcoming all kinds of adversity this season to finally get the big win!

When the bracket came out, it sure seemed that MT had fortunate matchups. Credit to the team and Kermit for overcoming big adversity in the final couple of weeks of the season to get that 2 seed! Things looked kind of gloomy when MT lost at home to UAB and WKU at home in addition to losing Giddy to a concussion for an indeterminate amount of games. The team pulled together and beat Marshall. They then went on the road and beat both FAU and FIU to finish the regular season. While FIU and FAU may not be powers of the conference, it is a dangerous road trip nonetheless. Didn't UAB lose down there at the end of last season?

Then the team gets Giddy back only to see Simpson go down with a freak horrific injury just before the start of the conf tourney. Yet another loss to the already depleted guard position. For this team to pull together and fight through it all makes them one special team in my estimation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT