ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Coldest game you have been to?

Matt Dossett

All American
Staff
May 14, 2016
Has to be the Thursday night special in October of 2013 v Marshall. I arrived at the stadium an hour before the game in t-shirt and shorts. Temp took a massive dip.

Hell of a game as well

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueRaider95
The two coldest games I ever attended, neither of which featured Middle Tennessee, was the Music City Bowl game between Ole Miss and West Virginia, and the final regular season game in the 1980 NFL season between the Cincinnati Bengals and Cleveland Browns in Cincy. Bitter, bitter cold at both games.

pansies... LOL

Middle Tennessee at Boise State in December, 1aa playoffs, I had seven or eight layers on and still froze my butt off...

seriously, there are several in floyd that come to mind...there was a game with the cajuns that was damn cold. Then there was Mississippi State, unseasonably cold. The 2013 Marshall game was cold and we kept the hot chocolate guy busy, I think we downed a large hot chocolate each quarter...

I was at a Liberty Bowl game between Louisville and Colorado State; the wind chill was 8 below.

Best Liberty Bowl I ever attended, weather-wise, was Purdue v. Mizzou in '80. Afternoon game, sunshine and 70 degrees.

Ft. Worth v. Navy was sunny but it was still cold in the shaded areas of Amon Carter Stadium.

Was it Utah St that was so cold early 2000's? We moved to the visitors side just to sit in the sun!

2001 Cotton Bowl - UTk vs Kansas State, on Jan 1st 2001.

The high temp that day was 30. But the game kicked off at 11am, overcast, and I distinctly remember it being like 16 degrees on the jumbotron at kickoff. Dallas had gotten an ice storm a few days before, and the Cotton Bowl bleacher seats were encrusted with ice. We got to our seats, and had to spend at least 15 minutes chipping ice off before we could sit down.

I go to the music city bowl each year. There have been some very cold games. UT/UNC stands out.

pansies... LOL

Middle Tennessee at Boise State in December, 1aa playoffs, I had seven or eight layers on and still froze my butt off...

seriously, there are several in floyd that come to mind...there was a game with the cajuns that was damn cold. Then there was Mississippi State, unseasonably cold. The 2013 Marshall game was cold and we kept the hot chocolate guy busy, I think we downed a large hot chocolate each quarter...
Lol, that Marshall game was so cold. Contemplated leaving the game..Glad I didn't..

2009 vs. Miss State - Too windy and cold. The winds were at about 20 mph.

2012 vs. Troy - It was in the 20's that game. Stayed the whole game.

2013 at BYU - It was in freaking September up there in UTAH, 28 degrees and it was windy as heck. And yes, they had aluminum too and apparently one bathroom in that whole stadium. Beautiful place but holy crap, it took 2 hours to thaw out.

2014 vs. BYU at home - It was so cold that I had my hunting/fishing mask on the entire time. Couldn't wait to go back to the car

Last edited:
Cowboys Titans on xmas. Coldest MT was Miss st. Wind was a nightmare and was not prepared

Oh, another one is Titans/Patriots last game of the season years ago. The Titans would have made the playoffs had they won because of wild circumstances... Temp was in the 20's with a gust of wind as well.

Coldest football game I have been to would have to be a Titans games on Christmas Day. I believe it snowed earlier that day and I didn't exactly have snow boots.

Coldest MT game would have to be the Miss State a few years back. It was freezing on those bleachers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT