ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Carousel

Sommy

All Conference
Aug 2, 2001
Does anyone else feel like Bobby Petrino wanted to get fired so he could collect his buyout? The guy is so slimy I really feel like it's a possibility. I think he just gave up coaching and wanted to show poorly so he could get the axe and get his massive buyout. He gets one big check and doesn't have to coach anymore. In a year or two if he decides he wants to coach again, some mid-major will likely pony up and take him on.

It sure does look like Larry Fedora over at UNC is on the hot seat. Sure would be nice if someone decided to retire (hopefully with a CUSA Championship) and we could bring Larry over to the 'Boro. That would be so great!

It looks like Louisville is wanting Brohm. They will drop a truckload of money to get him as well. Taking Purdue to 2 straight bowl games is no small feat in the Big 10.

It looks like Louisville is wanting Brohm. They will drop a truckload of money to get him as well. Taking Purdue to 2 straight bowl games is no small feat in the Big 10.

Purdue is paying Brohm more than they were paying Petrino...how much are they gonna pay? Will they offer 5 or 6 m a year for Brohm?

They got burned by Petrino. But he has a track record of doing that.

Well, I personally would think it would be awesome to have Fedora in the 'Boro.

The only reason I would say Petrino isn't done coaching is because he's amazingly only 57.

He's had five head coaching jobs in the last 15 years and his one year at Western is the only one that didn't end badly.

He left Louisville six months after signing a ten year extension to take the Falcons job.

He left the Falcons after 13 games in one of the more cowardly moves by a coach in any sport.

bobby-petrino-panics-goes-right-into-the-pledge-of-allegiance1.jpg

And now the wheels have fallen off in Louisville.

If he were even 5 years older, I'd say by the time this stink wears off after laying low for a few years, I'd say no one takes another chance on him.

At just 57, it wouldn't shock me if some other program takes a chance, if they do, they deserve every bit of the disaster they inherit.

I think he knew that the job at Western had to be on the straight and narrow, to land his next big job and collect his paycheck. That's the only reason it went fine.

Don't forget when he coached at Louisville and supposedly went to Auburn in the middle of the season to interview for the job when it was still filled.

I think someone will take a chance as well, but it might be a few years. Still confused why Les Miles is still out of work.

Speaking of the Falcons, Bowling Green is looking for a coach. Petrino could go right up there and turn that thing around.

On Football Scoop...
Western Kentucky: Western Kentucky plans to part ways with Mike Sanford Jr. if the team loses their final two games, per a report. Western Kentucky is currently 1-9.

So WKU could be added to the list.

Teams looking for new HC. Feel free to add.

UNC
Maryland
WKU?
Louisville or Purdue depending on what happens
Bowling Green
USC?

I think he knew that the job at Western had to be on the straight and narrow, to land his next big job and collect his paycheck. That's the only reason it went fine.

Don't forget when he coached at Louisville and supposedly went to Auburn in the middle of the season to interview for the job when it was still filled.

I think someone will take a chance as well, but it might be a few years. Still confused why Les Miles is still out of work.

Les Miles looks like he'll be the next coach at Kansas.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
UNC
Maryland
WKU?
Louisville - or Purdue depending on what happens w/ Brohm
Bowling Green
USC?
Kansas - Miles (WOW)

Pelini was never not on the rise. He was fired from Nebraska for winning only 9-10 games per season. Nebraska hasn't sniffed a bowl game since they fired him. Pelini is a beast. One of the best.

Reactions: mtfblue
Pelini was never not on the rise. He was fired from Nebraska for winning only 9-10 games per season. Nebraska hasn't sniffed a bowl game since they fired him. Pelini is a beast. One of the best.
You are correct, he never won less than 9 games while in Lincoln. He was fired for 2 reasons; first, for not winning against top tier teams nor winning conference championships, secondly for being an a—h—e. He was fast becoming a public relations nightmare.
It’s not up for debate he has under-performed his 4 years back home in Youngstown. Especially given the tradition of winning championships at Youngstown. One great year, three pretty pedestrian years. A 16-16 conference record in the Missouri Valley.
A beast, hardly. A jerk who never denied what was caught on tape, most definitely.
Hope you are correct he could end up at Western.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT