ADVERTISEMENT

BB RECRUITING Class of 2025 Board

Was leaked during the football game yesterday but can confirm Kirston Verhulst verbally commits to the Lady Raiders!

5’8” PG from Bishop Miege in De Soto, KS. Averaged 14.5 ppg, 3.7 rpg, and 1.4 apg her junior season.

That totals 4 signees in the class of ‘25, and should be a full roster not accounting for potential transfers.
Am I missing something? 4 signees but Middle has 5 seniors.....

I'm never gonna doubt this staff in it's ability to scout & develop, but taking a 2nd pg raises a bunch of questions, not the least of which is what happens at Center when Boldyreva graduates? Unless Mason just makes a big jump, puts some pressure to find a starter in the portal, which is really tough at the 5

Am I missing something? 4 signees but Middle has 5 seniors.....

I'm never gonna doubt this staff in it's ability to scout & develop, but taking a 2nd pg raises a bunch of questions, not the least of which is what happens at Center when Boldyreva graduates? Unless Mason just makes a big jump, puts some pressure to find a starter in the portal, which is really tough at the 5
Im not an expert on this, but I believe only 2 will run out of eligibility after this season — Arike and Grannum.

Im not an expert on this, but I believe only 2 will run out of eligibility after this season — Arike and Grannum.
Correction, COVID throws a wrench in my logic.

Since Nas, Jalynn, and CAB started their college careers in ‘21 they revert back to the original rule of 5 years to play 4 season. So you’re correct, all 5 will be out of eligibility after this season.

Correction, COVID throws a wrench in my logic.

Since Nas, Jalynn, and CAB started their college careers in ‘21 they revert back to the original rule of 5 years to play 4 season. So you’re correct, all 5 will be out of eligibility after this season.
You had me questioning my sanity for a moment lol. Was trying to think if they somehow got an exemption......

Assuming MT has 1 more open spot, taking a 2nd PG makes more sense. Not sure how much of a PG she is averaging 1.4 APG though

Really wanted a big. 6' 4" or better with Boldyreva leaving. Hoped for Jenna McClendon. Based on coaches play time philosophy we're going to have plenty of guards learning from the bench next year.

Was leaked during the football game yesterday but can confirm Kirston Verhulst verbally commits to the Lady Raiders!

5’8” PG from Bishop Miege in De Soto, KS. Averaged 14.5 ppg, 3.7 rpg, and 1.4 apg her junior season.

That totals 4 signees in the class of ‘25, and should be a full roster not accounting for potential transfers.
Did a little follow-up on Kirston. Comes from very athletic family. Mother played college basketball at Duke. Older sister Payton (according to a 2022 publication) was a high school All-American & #8 recruit in the country. Originally signed with Louisville before transferring to Oklahoma presently. Even as a freshman in high school Kirston was the 5th ranked statistical 3 point shooter in the state at 40% from long range averaging around 14 ppg.
Even though I really wanted a "big" with Boldyreva moving on it looks like Kirston is the real deal & comes with a great family pedigree.

Reactions: subkyle
Did a little follow-up on Kirston. Comes from very athletic family. Mother played college basketball at Duke. Older sister Payton (according to a 2022 publication) was a high school All-American & #8 recruit in the country. Originally signed with Louisville before transferring to Oklahoma presently. Even as a freshman in high school Kirston was the 5th ranked statistical 3 point shooter in the state at 40% from long range averaging around 14 ppg.
Even though I really wanted a "big" with Boldyreva moving on it looks like Kirston is the real deal & comes with a great family pedigree.
Also from "Sports in Kansas" report. Additional info on Kirston's high school career.
Freshman year: 14.1 ppg, 42% from 3.
Sophomore year: 17.1 ppg, 43.6% from 3
State quarterfinals victory: 28 points
State final victory: 27 points
Named Kansas 4A Player of the year

Junior year: Kansas 1st team All-State

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Yeah shooting is what she’s known for right now. Always good to have those athletic genes too

Reactions: MTFAN61
Practically every one of the current 2025 recruits have been a state player of the year at some time or another during their high school career. This already may have been one of MT's best recruited women's classes ever. Can't wait to see what the icing on the cake will be! Does anyone know when we'll get the update?

Practically every one of the current 2025 recruits have been a state player of the year at some time or another during their high school career. This already may have been one of MT's best recruited women's classes ever. Can't wait to see what the icing on the cake will be! Does anyone know when we'll get the update?
Either tomorrow or Wednesday is what I here,

This is going to be a "Really,Really " big surprise!!!! Hold on to your hats because this might blow your mind!
I think this signee may not be one of the ones we’ve had listed here (visit that has been kept under wraps to this point). I might be off base here, but if it’s who I think it might be… would be the biggest signing ever for our program.

I think this signee may not be one of the ones we’ve had listed here (visit that has been kept under wraps to this point). I might be off base here, but if it’s who I think it might be… would be the biggest signing ever for our program.
Thinking high school grad or transfer portal?

Verbal Commits:
  • Nicole Dominguez, 6'9" C from Barcelona, Spain
    • Featured on Spain's U17 FIBA World Cup (Bronze-medal winner), 6.7 ppg, 6 rpg

Some tape on the PG signee from De Soto, KS. Tape looks a lot like current Freshman Savannah Davis: quick trigger, dangerous from deep, active rebounder/defender.

Her size would lead me to believe she'll stay a PG in Insell's system. Not enough tape to see ballhandling ability but staying in control during contested transition is a good sign. I like her pushing for some PT as a freshman behind Jada next season.

Dominguez's highlights uploaded to her thread!

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Concerning signing dates. Early signing period I read is Nov. 13 - 20, regular signing period April 16 to May 21, 2025. I know I read we signed Dominguez outside of those dates which is great. I hate vultures swooping in offering buckets of money to steal a commitment especially when the staff has done all the work identifying a great prospect. Am I correct in assuming international athletes aren't held to same signing period stipulations as domestic recruits?
Also, if that's correct that means our other 4 recruits haven't officially signed yet, but are still officially verbal commitments for the 2025 class until said dates listed above, correct?
If all that's correct fingers crossed we can keep other major schools away. I believe they're picking up on Matt as an excellent identifier of talent, & if they can take advantage of his skills for their own use they absolutely will.
Love this whole class, & hope we can maintain everyone until signing day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT