Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
goblueraiders.com:

Beginning Monday, at 10 a.m. at the Blue Raider Ticket Office located
Gate 1A the first 200 students with a valid MTSU Student ID will receive
a voucher good for complimentary admission to the game. Students that
do receive the voucher will need to bring their voucher and MTSU Student
ID to the game to get in.

*Any postseason games at Middle Tennessee are not included in season packets.

MURPHY CENTER ENTRANCE PLAN
General Public: Fans
with general admission tickets will be able to enter the arena at 4:45
p.m. using the upper level and lower level entrances on all four corners
of the arena.
BRAA Member and Season Ticket Holders: Members
with valid membership cards will be admitted at 4:30 p.m. through the
lower level entrances on all four corners of the arena.
Students: Students will be admitted at 4:30 p.m. at the E8 entrance on the upper level, located behind the student section.

PARKING
There
will be free parking on campus for spectators. The most convenient
parking will be found along Greenland Drive between Middle Tennessee
Blvd. and Rutherford Blvd. Handicapped parking can be found in the main
Greenland Drive lot near the arena.

dnj:

...Steinburg, a 1997 graduate of MTSU, will sit on the opponent's bench
inside Monte Hale Arena for the first time in his 19-year coaching
career.

"I'm a Blue Raider," he said by phone Monday. "I spent a
lot of time down there and I have a lot of very fond memories of that
place."

Steinburg began his coaching career on the Blue Raiders'
bench in the early 90s as a student assistant under former head coach
David Farrar. Upon graduation, he was hired as a graduate assistant
under former head coach Randy Wiel.....

Kent State assistant graduated from MT

another excerpt from that dnj article:

...Athletic Director Chris Massaro said the CIT costs between $35,000-36,000 to host a game. He added that the athletic department won't have to pay near that for Wednesday's contest though.

"We had some private support that really stepped up," he said. "We're up to about two-thirds of it, so we're really not on the hook for that much financial support, especially if we sell some tickets."

Massaro added that the likelihood of hosting a second-round CIT game if the Blue Raiders beat Kent State is low, unless the school sells ample tickets to Wednesday's contest.....

This post was edited on 3/17 6:09 AM by SpaceRaider

Originally posted by SpaceRaider:
another excerpt from that dnj article:

Massaro added that the likelihood of hosting a second-round CIT game if the Blue Raiders beat Kent State is low, unless the school sells ample tickets to Wednesday's contest.....

This post was edited on 3/17 6:09 AM by SpaceRaider
Is anybody expecting there to be more than the usual 4k or so people there? I hope we can get at least that many but aren't expecting much else.

Have to remember that the great crowd a couple or so years ago for Minnesota was after a home win over Marshall and a road win at UT-K (that will get our fans excited) in the NIT.

With the fact that this game requires season ticket holders and most students to buy at ticket along with the opponent (no disrespect intended) IMHO we'll do good to get 2,500.

I think 3k may be a good estimate. I do think there is a good contingent of fans that wants to support this team after the good run in Birmingham. 3k total with 250 students would be around 25-30k in ticket revenue.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

gblueraiders.com:

...GAME INFORMATION

(FULL GAME NOTES)[/B]
CIT FIRST ROUND[/B]
Date: [/B]Wednesday, Mar. 18
Time:[/B] [/B] 6 p.m. CT
Teams[/B]: Middle Tennessee vs Kent State
Arena: [/B]Murphy Center (11,520)
TV: [/B]Live Stream
Radio:[/B] [/B]Game 2 (94.9/95.1), WGNS AM/FM (1450/100.5/101.9), WMOT-FM (89.5)
Play-by-Play: [/B]Chip Walters
Color:[/B] Kyle Turnham
Live Stats

[/B]

Blue Raiders and Golden Flashes meet for first tim

I think Massaro and company are banking on a fairly large crowd. I've seen figures ranging from $36K to $50K to host this game. If MT ends up taking a substantial hit financially, I doubt we'll see them host again.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

excerpt:

...The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders and the Kent State Golden Flashes face off on Wednesday at the Murphy
Center in first round CIT Tournament matchup.

The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders are 19-16 this season and made a nice run in the Conference USA Tournament but came up short in the championship game. MTSU is averaging 63.7 points and they are shooting 41.5 percent while defensively they are allowing 62.3 points and their opponents are shooting 43.9 percent. Reggie Upshaw Jr. leads the Blue Raiders averaging 10.1 points and 6.9 rebounds per game. Perrin Buford is averaging 8.0 points, Jaqawn Raymond is averaging 7.7 points, and Jacquez Rozier is averaging 7.0 points. Middle Tennessee is 12-3 at home and 7-6 in out of conference games.

The Kent State Golden Flashes are 21-11 this season and they lost in the first round of the MAC Tournament. Kent State is averaging 65.7 points and they are shooting 42.7 percent while defensively they are allowing 62.7 points and their opponents are shooting 41.2 percent. Jimmy Hall leads the Golden Flashes averaging 15.4 points and 7.3 rebounds per game. Devareux Manley is averaging 13.3 points, Kris Brewer is averaging 11 points, and Derek Jackson is averaging 10.2 points. Kent State is 8-5 on the road and 9-4 in out of conference games.

Middle Tennessee is 15-5-1 against the spread in their last 21 home games, 4-1 against the spread in their last five games, and 2-7 against the spread following a game that they didn't cover the point spread. Kent State is 1-3-1 against the spread in their last five games and 19-9-1 against the spread on the road against a team with a winning home record.....

This post was edited on 3/18 3:23 AM by SpaceRaider

Well I stand corrected on the funds. It does cost about $36K to host this round, but according to Borthick, Massaro states that about 2/3rds of that money was raised privately, so MT is not on the hook for nearly as much money, making attendance for Wednesday not as crucial as I thought it would be.

dnj:

...The Blue Raiders and the Golden Flashes have two common opponents on
the year: Texas El-Paso and Akron. MTSU finished 1-1 against UTEP in
Conference USA, while KSU lost its only contest to the Miners 78-75 in
El Paso, Texas in December.

Kent State finished 1-2 against the
Zips - a fellow Mid-American foe - on year, the last loss of which
eliminated the Flashes in the quarterfinals of the MAC tournament last
week.

The Raiders defeated the Zips 62-61 in Akron in December.....

MT players ‘look forward’ to CIT

Originally posted by cbow0328:
Well I stand corrected on the funds. It does cost about $36K to host this round, but according to Borthick, Massaro states that about 2/3rds of that money was raised privately, so MT is not on the hook for nearly as much money, making attendance for Wednesday not as crucial as I thought it would be.
Had a friend say the boys and girls club was giving away tickets to kids yesterday. I'm still not expecting much over 4k but maybe that will give attendance a little boost.

I only saw the second half, but here are a few thoughts I had:

1. Kent State = bigger/more athletic than us.
2. The officiating was terrible. The shorter black guy may have been the worst I have seen all season
3. We played hard, but sloppy at times; no rhythm; forced a lot of shots

Hard to be too disappointed when you reflect bak and look at the comments made during the preseason. Proud of the guys and looking for a better season next year.

Kent State is just better than we are. And that crew, while they did not cost us the game, did cause a huge turnaround. We were nip and tuck and they failed to call the most obvious offensive goaltending on KSU I have ever seen then proceeded to hit KD with a "T". After that point it seemed the game totally changed and we could never get any momentum. I had never seen any of those officials work a game at the Murph.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT