ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING NEWS in the Premium Folder for MT fans

We haven’t been a TBOR school since April of 2017. There were 8 original members of the Board of Trustees appointed by Gov. Haslem. Same was done at Memphis. The late Darrell Freeman passed away earlier this year.

LINK: “Shot caller “
Digging a little deeper, I admit I may be reaching:

If I'm reading any of this correctly, MT baseball just might be an indicator of the powers that be leadership abilities specifically in regards to MT athletics. Clearly, people in such roles have demonstrated leadership and success in some areas of life namely the business world. Does that translate to MT and athletics in this time or place?

Back to the canary in the coal mine. The possible indicator of MT baseball. Success in getting some facilities built, but not so much as far as translating that success to the field. While MT baseball in recent years has generally not been the worst, they haven't exactly been setting the world on fire either. Dare I say, MT baseball shows some signs of mediocrity in recent years.

Why does this fact pattern sound familiar?

Maybe just useless coincidence, but I detect some Williamson County connections. Just sayin.

Reactions: BRaiderDave
dang Duke this is funny.

Yea, I knew about the change, I just blew (mixed up) on my recall of the new formal name of the governing board.

Anyways, I think you cleverly answered my question.

If the picture is coming into focus, no wonder I've had a hard time narrowing down the problem. It sounds like it's not necessarily one person of poor leadership skill, but a problem of conflicting viewpoints and personalities in various positions of power. Each position has certain political considerations that makes it difficult for any one "leader" to act decisively.

Kind of like a logjam or even a stopped up toilet, we're likely going to have to at least hope to have at least one of about four big turds removed to break up the logjam and get things flowing again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT