ADVERTISEMENT

Annual BRAA Donor Income

What do you think is the average annual salary of our BRAA donors?

• Total voters

ewglenn

Oct 6, 2021
It’s the off-season so I’m obviously bored. What do you think is the average annual salary of our BRAA donors? These are based on individual salaries and not household income.

I voted 250-300K because many donors are either faculty or administrators and have side consultant income or have a spouse that also earns a professional income in 6-figures. Also, the average would skew higher with the realtors, insurance agents, self employed, and builder contractors—a very select few would be high 6-figure or even 7-figure incomes. Two 125s will get the low end of the range. The Median would be a step lower.

Are we talking high rollers, average wage, or young?. I gave a lot more when I made a lot less.

The median US household income for individuals with bachelor degrees. was $100,128.

The median salary for individuals with bachelor degrees was $55,000.

Based on those numbers, one of 3 things are true.

1. You guys are way over estimating salaries.

2. You think only the big earners are donating.

3. You are all high rollers.

I tend to think it’s #3.

Reactions: Noogaraider1
The median US household income for individuals with bachelor degrees. was $100,128.

The median salary for individuals with bachelor degrees was $55,000.

Based on those numbers, one of 3 things are true.

1. You guys are way over estimating salaries.

2. You think only the big earners are donating.

3. You are all high rollers.

I tend to think it’s #3.

#2 full on.

We make over 100 in our house combined, but I'm at the bottom of the BRAA list. Mortgage, two car payments, few odd ball credit cards, putting as much every year as allowed in to retirement (I'll be damned if I'm working an hour over the Soc Sec age when I hit it), kids college etc. ...I'd rather save for Disney for my 6 year old.

I just see more being in my boat than not and see only those that have extra money donating. I think age is also a factor as I think someone 41 like me is on the young end of the member spectrum and in the minority.

Something else that no one has mentioned are funds available and directed through an employer or business in addition to one’s personal income sources. Some members (present and former) and alums have fiduciary control of where to spend those dollars.
This poll or any poll actually done by BRAA isn’t going to address the reasons why giving and income streams don’t align. I know several folks that fall in #3 - #7 but until things change and people feel they are being listened to, the numbers will remain unchanged or continue to decline. I’m one of them.

Last edited:
One more thing……
Since 2006, The BRAA is now on it’s 6th Director. The guy who left for Memphis in ‘06 doesn’t even mention his time at MTSU on his Univ. of Arkansas bio but lists time at UAB after leaving Memphis. Another (a former AD) has taken a job as a football assistant at ETSU and then you have this………
LINK: FAMU AD Steps down effective immediately
Another Link: “Rogue Contract”
Some things never change.
What are the common denominator(s) still pulling down a paycheck at MTSU since 2006?

Last edited:
Did anyone else get their “Champions Fund” (formerly BRAA Annual Membership) Color brochure packet last week? I guess we’ll count 2 bowl championships, the shared SunBelt Football title in ‘06 and last season’s MBB Div. regular season title. I am in no way discounting the Women’s titles or our non-revenue Olympic sports titles but……let’s face it, they don’t pay the bills. Well, for that matter, neither do the two Men’s revenue sports. 😂

Another thing that made me chuckle was the 4-year “Giving History” section for Your Contribution to the Champions Annual Fund. $0.00 x 4 yet no one has reached out to me in years to ask me why. I can’t be shamed into giving. On the back it says:
“your Raider Rep will be assigned with Membership.”

They did get my attention with the $2,460 price for (2) Hendrix Club seats. That’s about what my four chairback season tickets for Memphis cost me for 8 home games and required seat donations.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hop45
Did anyone else get their “Champions Fund” (formerly BRAA Annual Membership) Color brochure packet last week? I guess we’ll count 2 bowl championships, the shared SunBelt Football title in ‘06 and last season’s MBB Div. regular season title. I am in no way discounting the Women’s titles or our non-revenue Olympic sports titles but……let’s face it, they don’t pay the bills. Well, for that matter, neither do the two Men’s revenue sports. 😂

Another thing that made me chuckle was the 4-year “Giving History” section for Your Contribution to the Champions Annual Fund. $0.00 x 4 yet no one has reached out to me in years to ask me why. I can’t be shamed into giving. On the back it says:
“your Raider Rep will be assigned with Membership.”

They did get my attention with the $2,460 price for (2) Hendrix Club seats. That’s about what my four chairback season tickets for Memphis cost me for 8 home games and required seat donations.
As I told you, they're not even wasting postage on me any longer.

Speaking of that, when do single game FB tickets go on sale? Anyone know? Going to either TSU or WKU. Bringing two friends who have never been to campus but have been to away games with me. Figured those two opponents would at least not make us look totally empty.

Speaking of that, when do single game FB tickets go on sale? Anyone know? Going to either TSU or WKU. Bringing two friends who have never been to campus but have been to away games with me. Figured those two opponents would at least not make us look totally empty.
Assuming Stock doesn’t lay an egg right out of the gate in Harrisonburg VA.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT