ADVERTISEMENT

AJ Erdely

C-Bow

Hall of Famer
Staff
Dec 5, 2005
www.gomiddle.com
Remember him? Yeah, you do. Well, he committed to UAB today, so looks like MT fans will get a chance to see what he'd do under center in CUSA after all...

I think we're good at QB for a while.

Although it will be fun to see the how this affects the Erdely fan club around here.

That will be interesting to see for sure. UAB is getting some good players in. Also Will Austin "Matt Saracen" Grammer stick around MT after this season? We may have another QB transfer as well.

Where has he been that his eligibility clock isn't ticking?
I believe I read that UAB football players will get a waiver on the 5 to play 4 rule, meaning that someone who is a RS-Sophore and signs with UAB in December would be a RS-JR in 2017 when UAB restarts the program. IIRC, UAB is hoping to sign 10-15 players in December and another 30 or so in February. Wish I had the link to the article where I read this

Found on the CUSA site

"Ingram said that NCAA informed UAB that football play can resume beginning with the 2017 season, and the team can compete at the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) level."

The NCAA said they don't have to do the FCS transition. In 2017, they are a full conference member again and will play a full FBS schedule.

So this entire mumbo jumbo of the Alabama BOR killing UABs program was for nothing? They are starting a new one?

I wish the young man well. I think it is really clear on the field that better QBs were NOT being overlooked in favor of the coach's son. IMO, Brent Stockstill may be the best QB I've seen play for MTSU since coming to MTSU 20 years ago. That may include Kelly Holcomb. Granted, I only saw Kelly's last 2 seasons.

No questioning Brent's toughness as he proved as a Sr at Siegel. If he stays healthy, he has the potential to be a special player in MT's football history. Possibly along the lines of a Dwone Hicks, who may have been my favorite MTSU player over those same 20 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT