ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL a premium article about the Blue Raiders on 'The Fieldhouse'

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
I may be the only subscriber here on this board to it, but it's a really nice article on CKD and each of the four seniors, King, Potts, Simpson, and Walters. The Fieldhouse is a part of TheAthletic.com...
https://theathletic.com/214011/2018...-four-seniors-to-success-at-middle-tennessee/
Belief carries coach Kermit Davis, four seniors to success at Middle Tennessee

excerpt:

...The college transition was hard on Potts, who, though he was only an hour from Athens, battled homesickness from the moment he set foot on campus. He thought about quitting a handful of times during his first months of summer school, then again after his freshman season. “After my first year here I was like, I don’t know if I can do it,” says Potts. “I wanted to go, be close to my momma.”

Davis allowed Potts to return home on weekends during the summer and even brought his high school coach to Murfreesboro regularly to speak with him. In the end, it was the relationship Potts developed with his roommate, guard Ed Simpson, that helped him turn the corner. “He was just like, man, it’s going to be all right. We’re going to fight through it together. I miss home too; I just don’t show it like you,” recalls Potts. “I was like, all right, I’m going to stick it out with you. You’re my brother.”

Once he got comfortable in Murfreesboro and cut down on his consumption of jolly ranchers and ranch dressing, Potts slimmed down to 220 pounds and became one of the best outside shooters in the country, leading the Blue Raiders in scoring and the nation in three-point shooting percentage as a sophomore. After the victory over Michigan State, everyone knew Giddy Potts.....

Reactions: Hop45 and MTLynn
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT