ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Transfer Portal

I keep thinking that schools at our level are having some sort of braintrust on how to leverage this to our advantage or in our case, compete.

I went back and read the bill that went into effect this last January: HA0278

It really is in the interest of the player and as long as they don't peddle adult theme NIL, alcohol, or tobacco OR raise a conflict of interest with the university. Honestly, I don't get the adult, alcohol, or tobacco restrictions but that's just me.

Student-Athletes will always get the public's benefit of the doubt in perception and earning potential for their work and diligence at this point, HOWEVER, I think that would change if we called a spade a spade and called this what it is: Minor League Sports. They have an agent. They have a type of contract. They are student-athletes in name only.

Minor league players have contracts that they have to fulfill. I have heard of minor league baseball players being traded for a bag of baseballs and bats but at the end of the day, they are a commodity. The institutions are losing the opportunity to grow a program unless they can now compete with these insane NIL contracts.

At the end of the day, I have all the faith in McPhee and Masarro in that they will do what's best for our university, brand, image, and name. </s>
I have to admit that I had to Google </s>
😂

• Haha
Reactions: RaiderDeez
Oh no not GG. That really sucks. I hope we get some insight into why he is looking to leave.

Is it bad for me to hope that people that transfer out looking to "upgrade" fall flat on their face? It just feels like a slap in the face of the program for a starter to leave. I guess I can understand it, but just ball out and then leave early for the NFL seems like a better scenario.
LINK:
Volswire is following him…..

He built a pretty solid resume as a Blue Raider. Some P5 is gonna snatch him up.

I’m pretty much over it. Mt01(tibl) wrote a good opinion piece on the cusa bbs board. I am not sure if continuity of fans can endure these types of turnovers.

I mean....I hope our newly found success under Nick doesn't get robbed now. I'm just now getting used to the taste of crow so I would rather be proven wrong then just have another 3-4 years of suck.

Wow. Thanks guys. The dose of reminder of the reality of college sports is a real downer. I guess my sugar high from another MBB win last night just came crashing back down to Earth.

A good recruiting coach can navigate these changes.

Great article. Minter gets it. And even if they do have guys get noticed by the big boys and transfer out, use that to your advantage. You can tell guys "hey, would you rather go to Bama and sit on the bench for 4 years, hoping for a chance, or would you rather start here for 2 years, win a bunch of games, then Bama calls and now you have the power to go or not go?" If a guy knows you have a quality program that will let you play and get you noticed by the big boys, use that to your advantage.

We should have some grad assistant whose job is to do nothing but keep track of transfers and recruits who fell through the cracks at other schools.

Reactions: coachchia
Great article. Minter gets it. And even if they do have guys get noticed by the big boys and transfer out, use that to your advantage. You can tell guys "hey, would you rather go to Bama and sit on the bench for 4 years, hoping for a chance, or would you rather start here for 2 years, win a bunch of games, then Bama calls and now you have the power to go or not go?" If a guy knows you have a quality program that will let you play and get you noticed by the big boys, use that to your advantage.

We should have some grad assistant whose job is to do nothing but keep track of transfers and recruits who fell through the cracks at other schools.

Might sound good in theory but no player is choosing MT over a Power 5 offer. Less than a 1% chance for that to happen. Only happens in very rare circumstances.

you have to understand the mindset of these college football players. I can tell you personally from being around them while in school at MT, even the 3rd string cornerback thinks he is going to the NFL (and I'm not joking....).

So many of these kids think they are starting material and going to the league. If they get an offer to a Power 5 program, then they're going to go because they believe they are good enough to start. They're young teenagers overloaded with confidence who have been told they're the best their whole lives. They are not choosing us over Power 5 offers out of high school. Only the rarest of circumstances allows that happen, and it's almost always because #1. Their Power 5 offers all dried up or #2. The Power 5 offers came way late in the process and they would rather stay committed to MT because they don't want to make a last minute switch before signing day (See Reed Blankenship & Illinois offer late in the process).

MT is going to be a glorified JUCO for the Power 5 football programs. Not only will they take our best players, but they will offload the busts that signed with them out of high school and we will scoop them up in the hopes that maybe they're not all that bad. We already have a track record, albeit a short one, that shows this is a massive negative for MT football.

My only hope is that this poisonous process doesn't bleed over into our basketball program. But I suspect it will. I'm really hoping it does not though and that our best players stay put. I really may just give up college sports all together if we start seeing our best hoops players up and leave too.

Last edited:
Reactions: coachchia
Might sound good in theory but no player is choosing MT over a Power 5 offer. Less than a 1% chance for that to happen. Only happens in very rare circumstances.

you have to understand the mindset of these college football players. I can tell you personally from being around them while in school at MT, even the 3rd string cornerback thinks he is going to the NFL (and I'm not joking....).

So many of these kids think they are starting material and going to the league. If they get an offer to a Power 5 program, then they're going to go because they believe they are good enough to start. They're young teenagers overloaded with confidence who have been told they're the best their whole lives. They are not choosing us over Power 5 offers out of high school. Only the rarest of circumstances allows that happen, and it's almost always because #1. Their Power 5 offers all dried up or #2. The Power 5 offers came way late in the process and they would rather stay committed to MT because they don't want to make a last minute switch before signing day (See Reed Blankenship & Illinois offer late in the process).

MT is going to be a glorified JUCO for the Power 5 football programs. Not only will they take our best players, but they will offload the busts that signed with them out of high school and we will scoop them up in the hopes that maybe they're not all that bad. We already have a track record, albeit a short one, that shows this is a massive negative for MT football.

My only hope is that this poisonous process doesn't bleed over into our basketball program. But I suspect it will. I'm really hoping it does not though and that our best players stay put. I really may just give up college sports all together if we start seeing our best hoops players up and leave too.
Change happens, you have to adapt or get left in the dust. Some G5 will use this to their advantage and others won’t. The article gives an example of an FCS program winning players over P5 programs. If they can do it we can do it.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
If they don't want to be here, get em gone. Mobley will not do anything for Ole Miss except ride pine. Dobson learned the hard way. Grate will too. For all the talk Grate got, he let a lot of folks burn him too including the P5 teams we played. Remember, these were all players from the years that brought you a 4 and 3 win season in 19 and 20. Last year, we improved a lot but we did have a better vibe and some better coaching. We still lost to teams we should not have. WKU smoked us. If Grate couldn't lock those WR's down, he sure ain't locking down P5 WR's.

We will fill the void and will still play ball. I bet Dobson and some others wished they had stayed.

I actually see the transfer portal as a good thing for us.

It's not like this staff has ever really knocked it out of the park on the recruiting trail. It's low effort, lowly ranked guys. Sometimes they turn into gems (Byard), but over the past decade plus, this isn't a staff that brings in high end talent (even for the G5). It's actually astonishing how little NFL talent actually has come through MT since Stock took over - relative to teams like WKU, FAU, etc. We lose in the fall because we lose on signing day - it's always been that way since Stock came over.

There are too many guys in the portal. A ton of them are going to be left without chairs when the music stops.

If some of our lowly ranked guys who aren't exactly producing at a CUSA championship level anyway decide that the grass is greener - fine. The door is on your left.

There's going to be a ton of P5 guys looking for places to play over the summer. Let's bring in a bunch of them.

Interested to see who we will have transfer out of the program. Hopefully no impactful starters.
Well if you haven't been keeping up we've lost the majority of our Offensive line. Starting left tackle Steven Losoya (11 starts), Lance Robinson (12 starts) and Dorian Hinton (9 game starter at LG). Coach Polly is a cancer to the team and all the OL despises him which is why we have such an exodus at the position. In spring we only have 3 Offensive Tackles....we are thin on O-Line and we're waiting until Summer to get JUCO's and Transfers. Offense will be suspect with a whole new O-Line in 2022. Last year we had 24 players listed as offensive line...this year we have 21 but at least 5 aren't even on campus yet.

We lose in the fall because we lose on signing day - it's always been that way since Stock came over.

I'd counter that we have horrible facilities and it only takes a phone call for us to lose a guy.

If some of our lowly ranked guys who aren't exactly producing at a CUSA championship level anyway decide that the grass is greener - fine. The door is on your left.

We lost at least 3 O-Linemen to Power 5 along with Mobley (who might be going to Ole Miss).

There's going to be a ton of P5 guys looking for places to play over the summer. Let's bring in a bunch of them.

BTW, there are reasons why some P5 guys are moving down, usually they are oversized guys who really aren't FBS talent or they are head cases which might not every play at a G5 due to mental errors.

Somebody told me last week he was seriously considering Georgia?!! Then again, that o-line is massive.
It would be smart play, get NIL deal, compete, let Bennett finish out his career or replace him if he gets hurt...either way a good chance for a HS QB to mature (similar to Trevor) before getting thrown into the fire. Play for the years and bounce to the NFL with 2 years of wear and tear on your body with a solid O-Line.

I just realized the P5 breakaway would allow them to set minimum standards for scholarships. I would expect them to increase up to 100+ and take away G5 talent of that happened. I didn’t know that was part of it.

The transfer portal and the NIL thing renders any college football other than P5 meaningless.
I don't believe that, generally, but I believe as always the P5's will get the best athletes and therefore the bigger NIL deals. On the flip side NIL is marketing so technically every population center will have it's own NIL market and the amount depends on how much the local community follows that particular sport. So places like Boone, NC (App State) and Stateboro, GA (Georgia Southern) where the programs are cherished might be decent size deals. What I think will happen is eventually kids might decide they would rather start than be a 3rd/4th string backup on a P5.

I'd counter that we have horrible facilities and it only takes a phone call for us to lose a guy.

Nothing we can do about that. Well there is, but nothing the MT leadership is willing to do about that.

We lost at least 3 O-Linemen to Power 5 along with Mobley (who might be going to Ole Miss).
These guys are part of a team that went 14-20 the last 3 years. It's not like they're uber talented or productive and are leaving. They're sub-.500 players at the CUSA level. Maybe one of them turns into an NFL prospect, but most of them are probably not.

BTW, there are reasons why some P5 guys are moving down, usually they are oversized guys who really aren't FBS talent or they are head cases which might not every play at a G5 due to mental errors.
I think you're selling them short. Plenty of elite guys move on - guys like Joe Burrow or Jameson Williams or Jermaine Johnson.

There's nothing inherently wrong with a guy who is simply buried on the depth chart. Take the bottom 20 guys on any SEC roster and you've still got probably more potential and talent than any 20 guys on MT's roster.

Granted, some of them are head cases, or guys who get in trouble, or are moving on for any variety of reasons.

But what do we have to lose? We have a losing program that is talent deficient. The players that are leaving ain't winning here, and the players that are coming in - worst case scenario - we still don't win. At least some of those portal guys might be diamonds that are just looking for the right place.

It's not like this staff has ever really knocked it out of the park on the recruiting trail. It's low effort, lowly ranked guys.
Yeah, North Dakota State, located in a recruiting hotbed, has outperformed rick stuckstill

NFL players​

These guys are part of a team that went 14-20 the last 3 years. It's not like they're uber talented or productive and are leaving. They're sub-.500 players at the CUSA level. Maybe one of them turns into an NFL prospect, but most of them are probably not.

I would counter with look how young they were, R-Sophomore, R-Sophomore, and Freshman (of the three I mentioned) with starting game experience. I would go a step further and say it's unfair to pin all those losses from the first two years on men that just started playing last year. Honesty our OC in years 1-2 wasn't good, nor was the QB...give these guys credit for a winning season of 7-6 and don't hang 14-20 on them it's not their fault nor fair to them and obviously an SEC school and a Big12 School wanted them which tells you something.

The #1 problem with JuCo's (besides the academics) is most JuCo programs have horrible Strength and Conditioning programs so we swapped out some starters for some now going on 3rd year guys that have poor strength for their position.

The truth is we don't have enough talent for coaches to be A-holes around here, work the men hard but treat them with respect and try and make it a good time so you can get all 4-6 years out of them.

I think you're selling them short. Plenty of elite guys move on - guys like Joe Burrow or Jameson Williams or Jermaine Johnson.

All great examples of guys that left and went to other P5 schools, I'm talking about the P5 to G5 transition.

There's nothing inherently wrong with a guy who is simply buried on the depth chart. Take the bottom 20 guys on any SEC roster and you've still got probably more potential and talent than any 20 guys on MT's roster.

Agreed, but those guys go to another P5 school. Some will slip to G5's for the right situation or proximity to home, etc but a lot of those guys have no game or are damaged on the personality front.

Granted, some of them are head cases, or guys who get in trouble, or are moving on for any variety of reasons.

Trust me, MTSU has some of those guys right now.

But what do we have to lose? We have a losing program that is talent deficient. The players that are leaving ain't winning here, and the players that are coming in - worst case scenario - we still don't win. At least some of those portal guys might be diamonds that are just looking for the right place.

I'm definitely not saying ignore the transfer portal, with only three OT's on the roster we have to hit JuCo and Transfer Portal I'm just saying it's not all it's cracked up to be especially with our facilities. There is huge benefit in the transfer portal and I think we saw it last year when G5's seemed to consistently beat P5's (not the majority of times but consistent).

We really need to get our facilities figured out, we can't capitalize on the transfer portal (or regular recruiting) with what MTSU offers over our competitors.

Agree with Kuato 100% on this and I have from the get-go. I have said from the moment it was even discussed about giving players a 1 time free transfer card that it's going to hurt MT. And whada ya know we lost our whole OL to transfer and most of our starting DB's. These were young, promising players too that could have been key starters for us for 2-3 years.

The current system really hurts a school like MT that has zero allure to an out of state player or any staying power for its players. Why would a talented athlete want to stay and play for MT? What are we doing to attract and RETAIN these players? I'll answer that....Nothing. One phone call from a Power 5 school and they're gone.

NIL is still in it's infancy too and the money is barely starting to flow, but once that gets ramped up and believe me it's going to, it's going to exacerbate the problem even more. Kids won't just be leaving to play for a bigger name school, they will be leaving to play for a bigger name school AND put more money in their pocket.

Basketball is no exception either. Both programs will be pillaged at-will by the Power 5.

And the discussion about MT getting guys from Power 5 schools is a joke. The only transfers we are getting from Power 5's are 3rd stringers that were busts. We are actually doing the Power 5's a favor by taking those 3rd stringers off their hands and freeing up a scholarship so they can come poach our 1st team CUSA DB, etc. Any productive Power 5 player that enters the portal is going to another Power 5 school, not MT. Again, we will get the absolute scraps and they won't be worth the ship. We will likely be better off poaching from FCS/D2 honestly but at the end of the day is it even worth it? The musical chairs with players and scholarships just feels so unnecessary and draining. How is a fan ever going to really get to know their team and cheer for guys when it's constant musical chairs in the off-season? Nobody cares, too bad is the answer to that question. And my answer to that is, you can shut the damn program down for all I care. Not interested anymore anyway.

The current direction of college athletics is disgusting and for the first time in my adult life I may not even watch CFB this fall. The NFL, especially with fantasy football, is far more intriguing to me now. I used to love college athletics because of the amateur, school spirit angle of it. But that is completely gone now. They are paid athletes with zero allegiance to their school. So why bother ? It would be like me watching an NBA G League game. zzzzzz, boring. I'll watch the NBA instead.

Last edited:
Agree with Kuato 100% on this and I have from the get-go. I have said from the moment it was even discussed about giving players a 1 time free transfer card that it's going to hurt MT. And whada ya know we lost our whole OL to transfer and most of our starting DB's. These were young, promising players too that could have been key starters for us for 2-3 years.

The current system really hurts a school like MT that has zero allure to an out of state player or any staying power for its players. Why would a talented athlete want to stay and play for MT? What are we doing to attract and RETAIN these players? I'll answer that....Nothing. One phone call from a Power 5 school and they're gone.

NIL is still in it's infancy too and the money is barely starting to flow, but once that gets ramped up and believe me it's going to, it's going to exacerbate the problem even more. Kids won't just be leaving to play for a bigger name school, they will be leaving to play for a bigger name school AND put more money in their pocket.

Basketball is no exception either. Both programs will be pillaged at-will by the Power 5.

And the discussion about MT getting guys from Power 5 schools is a joke. The only transfers we are getting from Power 5's are 3rd stringers that were busts. We are actually doing the Power 5's a favor by taking those 3rd stringers off their hands and freeing up a scholarship so they can come poach our 1st team CUSA DB, etc. Any productive Power 5 player that enters the portal is going to another Power 5 school, not MT. Again, we will get the absolute scraps and they won't be worth the ship. We will likely be better off poaching from FCS/D2 honestly but at the end of the day is it even worth it? The musical chairs with players and scholarships just feels so unnecessary and draining. How is a fan ever going to really get to know their team and cheer for guys when it's constant musical chairs in the off-season? Nobody cares, too bad is the answer to that question. And my answer to that is, you can shut the damn program down for all I care. Not interested anymore anyway.

The current direction of college athletics is disgusting and for the first time in my adult life I may not even watch CFB this fall. The NFL, especially with fantasy football, is far more intriguing to me now. I used to love college athletics because of the amateur, school spirit angle of it. But that is completely gone now. They are paid athletes with zero allegiance to their school. So why bother ? It would be like me watching an NBA G League game. zzzzzz, boring. I'll watch the NBA instead.
I guess I just look at it like this is my school. The players don’t make that, the coaches don’t make that, nothing else matters. Win or lose, regardless of who is on the field I’ll be cheering. I understand that others don’t feel that way but that’s how I feel. I have no connection to the NFL so I don’t care what happens there.

I would counter with look how young they were, R-Sophomore, R-Sophomore, and Freshman (of the three I mentioned) with starting game experience. I would go a step further and say it's unfair to pin all those losses from the first two years on men that just started playing last year. Honesty our OC in years 1-2 wasn't good, nor was the QB...give these guys credit for a winning season of 7-6 and don't hang 14-20 on them it's not their fault nor fair to them and obviously an SEC school and a Big12 School wanted them which tells you something.

The #1 problem with JuCo's (besides the academics) is most JuCo programs have horrible Strength and Conditioning programs so we swapped out some starters for some now going on 3rd year guys that have poor strength for their position.

The truth is we don't have enough talent for coaches to be A-holes around here, work the men hard but treat them with respect and try and make it a good time so you can get all 4-6 years out of them.

All great examples of guys that left and went to other P5 schools, I'm talking about the P5 to G5 transition.

Agreed, but those guys go to another P5 school. Some will slip to G5's for the right situation or proximity to home, etc but a lot of those guys have no game or are damaged on the personality front.

Trust me, MTSU has some of those guys right now.

I'm definitely not saying ignore the transfer portal, with only three OT's on the roster we have to hit JuCo and Transfer Portal I'm just saying it's not all it's cracked up to be especially with our facilities. There is huge benefit in the transfer portal and I think we saw it last year when G5's seemed to consistently beat P5's (not the majority of times but consistent).

We really need to get our facilities figured out, we can't capitalize on the transfer portal (or regular recruiting) with what MTSU offers over our competitors.

All good points hard to refute. But it's sort of a micro-view of the situation. Just maybe, Stock was on to something and these were the first really truly talented NFL guys (other than a random diamond like Byard) to play here and now they're gone. That sucks.

I'm taking a more macro-view. I've seen these same mediocre players shuffle through the program for 16 or so years now. The names and jersey #'s change - but the results never do. It's hard for me to believe that these guys are different from the other .500 level guys that we've seen come through the program for so long that we should get worked up over this. They'll be replaced with another set of guys who will go on to lose as many games as they win, not sniff a title of any kind, and do little more than "compete". Rinse and repeat.

The same core staff has been with Stock for a long time now. The recruiting results speak for themselves - they either don't know how to recruit, or don't care to recruit, or both. The program is talent deficient, and has been so since the Dasher days.

My points with the Burrow/Williams/Johnson example wasn't to highlight individuals per se, but to show that plenty of talent is willing to move around for any # of reasons. And knowing to how little effect this staff recruited high schoolers and JUCOs over the past decade plus - I'm more than willing to gamble on the bottom of a P5 roster that wants to transfer for any reason, rather than the parade of FCS level kids and JUCOs from Northwest Jackrabbit State that we seem to recruit every year.

As for the facilities - they ain't happening as long as this leadership is in charge. I said this in the MAC thread. This program under this leadership is crippled by it's lack of will to actually compete at the highest level. That's why we'd have been better off with the other cripples in the MAC than with programs who are actually trying. And McPhee just got himself a nice fat contract extension for another half-decade. All this windfall that we're supposed to receive - we'll get a couple of cosmetic nothings, and the rest is going to disappear like vapor. There's no "just wait until the facilities" escape hatch here. It ain't happening. Don't get your hopes up and you won't be let down.

All good points hard to refute. But it's sort of a micro-view of the situation. Just maybe, Stock was on to something and these were the first really truly talented NFL guys (other than a random diamond like Byard) to play here and now they're gone. That sucks.

I'm taking a more macro-view. I've seen these same mediocre players shuffle through the program for 16 or so years now. The names and jersey #'s change - but the results never do. It's hard for me to believe that these guys are different from the other .500 level guys that we've seen come through the program for so long that we should get worked up over this. They'll be replaced with another set of guys who will go on to lose as many games as they win, not sniff a title of any kind, and do little more than "compete". Rinse and repeat.

The same core staff has been with Stock for a long time now. The recruiting results speak for themselves - they either don't know how to recruit, or don't care to recruit, or both. The program is talent deficient, and has been so since the Dasher days.

My points with the Burrow/Williams/Johnson example wasn't to highlight individuals per se, but to show that plenty of talent is willing to move around for any # of reasons. And knowing to how little effect this staff recruited high schoolers and JUCOs over the past decade plus - I'm more than willing to gamble on the bottom of a P5 roster that wants to transfer for any reason, rather than the parade of FCS level kids and JUCOs from Northwest Jackrabbit State that we seem to recruit every year.

As for the facilities - they ain't happening as long as this leadership is in charge. I said this in the MAC thread. This program under this leadership is crippled by it's lack of will to actually compete at the highest level. That's why we'd have been better off with the other cripples in the MAC than with programs who are actually trying. And McPhee just got himself a nice fat contract extension for another half-decade. All this windfall that we're supposed to receive - we'll get a couple of cosmetic nothings, and the rest is going to disappear like vapor. There's no "just wait until the facilities" escape hatch here. It ain't happening. Don't get your hopes up and you won't be let down.
Once again Doug nails it.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Like I said before, Mobley had moments and was misused at times but he won't do anything at Ole Miss if he goes there. He'll be playing Bama. LOL. These guys aren't gonna light up P5 rosters because they got 7 wins at a G5. LOL.

Grate had talent but like I said. 18 and 21 were his best years. Under regular rules, he would have been gone with Blankenship so I treat it like a senior graduated.

The OL sucked so bad that it's hard to evaluate losses or not. Mallory coddled and couldn;t coach. Polly is pissing them off by making them work. I'll take the work route. Mitch is having a big say in how the line goes too. It should help.

Like I said before, Mobley had moments and was misused at times but he won't do anything at Ole Miss if he goes there. He'll be playing Bama. LOL. These guys aren't gonna light up P5 rosters because they got 7 wins at a G5. LOL.

Grate had talent but like I said. 18 and 21 were his best years. Under regular rules, he would have been gone with Blankenship so I treat it like a senior graduated.

The OL sucked so bad that it's hard to evaluate losses or not. Mallory coddled and couldn;t coach. Polly is pissing them off by making them work. I'll take the work route. Mitch is having a big say in how the line goes too. It should help.

FWIW, Ole Miss is actually taking Mobley as a linebacker. I'm not sure that transition is a great idea - you've got a guy not only stepping up in competition but changing sides of the ball as well? Doesn't seem like that's a great idea.

I don't get the "only got 7 wins at G5" argument. Obviously these guys are talented enough to go P5 because many of them are getting multiple P5 offers. I am not saying they will or won't do anything, but you can't assume they won't based on how many wins their team had this year. I also don't know why we disparage anyone for moving onto better opportunities. The way most people talk about MT on this board it doesn't seem most of us would choose to play at MT.

Would you choose MT right now?

Objectively, why would you. You're not a success on the field. You're not likely to develop into an NFL player. Fan support is non-existent. Facilities apparently are a joke.

I do think we're an academic hidden-gem. My college adventures had me attend UTk before transferring to MT and I would rate the academic experience and the preparation for the real world job opportunities as far superior. I talk up MT to people all over the state when the opportunity/conversation arises.

But from a football perspective - under this leadership and coaching staff - I don't think I would if I had other opportunities.

To be completely frank, I think that's why you see our recruiting classes filled with kids who really have very little other FBS opportunity. We've way too many lowly rated, lowly pursued recruits. I'm sure they're all good kids who work hard, but this program does not attract top tier (even for the G5) talent.

And it's heartbreaking a bit, because I was around in the late '00's and I really think this program has/had such potential. If we had WKU's leadership over the past decade plus, there's no doubt in my mind we'd have gotten into the Sunbelt and would be one of the real gems of the G5.

I’d choose MTSU again just for the free Jack Harlow tickets. Not even joking, so many of my friends have been asking me to try and get them tickets.

• Haha
I don't get the "only got 7 wins at G5" argument. Obviously these guys are talented enough to go P5 because many of them are getting multiple P5 offers. I am not saying they will or won't do anything, but you can't assume they won't based on how many wins their team had this year. I also don't know why we disparage anyone for moving onto better opportunities. The way most people talk about MT on this board it doesn't seem most of us would choose to play at MT.
filling a roster and starting are 2 very different things. PT is PT and starting for a G5 beats riding pine for a P5. Good luck to em. They'll need it. Dobson wishes he was back. Now he's at TSU and not playing.

filling a roster and starting are 2 very different things. PT is PT and starting for a G5 beats riding pine for a P5. Good luck to em. They'll need it. Dobson wishes he was back. Now he's at TSU and not playing.
I get that. I wish they all had stayed and some of them will probably regret leaving a starting position. Quincy Riley has the potential to start at almost any school. I also think if Dobson isn’t playing at TSU he wouldn’t be playing at MTSU either.

Watching FoxNews this morning they were really touting the USFL game tomorrow in Birmingham on Fox Network. The camera shots of the new downtown stadium with UAB’s logo plastered all over it made me think back a few years ago when their football program was placed in mothballs to where they have come now. Absolutely shameful the way MT’s football program has been stuck in neutral since 2009. Shameful.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT