blueraiderJT

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 15, 2006
09/01 - at Vanderbilt

09/08 - UT Martin

09/15 - at Georgia

11/17 - at Kentucky

Well, the P5 teams are much better spaced out this year instead of the gauntlet style we had last season. UGA will be a skulldragging. The other games are much more winnable, I like the UK game being in November. I'll be going to that one probably although Lexington is one jacked up city.

Not a bad schedule.

The UGA game is the money game, avert thine eyes.

The rest are winnable, if we bother to show up (I'm thinking of the last couple of Vanderbilt games).

uga is going to be breaking in a ton of new players next season going to be interesting to see how they transition.

We need to win early...the Vanderbilt game is important.

It is, and either win or lose, the Raiders should not overlook UT-Martin the next week. Don't know what they have returning, but they appeared to have played a respectable game against Ole Miss, and were extremely competitive in their other games, winnning two of three against ranked FCS opponents this past season.

http://www.utmsports.com/schedule.cfm?sport=Football

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
That's the thing with Vandy. Mason knows how to coach against the Franklin spread. He did it when he was at Stanford and Franklin was at Cal and he's done it here in 16 and 17. He just knows what we're gonna do. Hopefully, we do some things differently.

Reactions: AustinLewis
09/01 - at Vanderbilt

09/08 - UT Martin

09/15 - at Georgia

11/17 - at Kentucky

Well, the P5 teams are much better spaced out this year instead of the gauntlet style we had last season. UGA will be a skulldragging. The other games are much more winnable, I like the UK game being in November. I'll be going to that one probably although Lexington is one jacked up city.

Vandy is very winnable. UGA, not so much.

Kentucky is tough to see. As a fan and graduate of both schools, UK "should" have this game well in hand. They are considerably more talented and will likely pound the rock quite a bit....not to mention having a very experienced secondary. So, "on paper" Kentucky should win pulling away by a decent margin. But, Stoops has had an ultra-slow climb out of the cellar during his time there. "If" the defense doesn't capitalize on the talent they have......or they fail to field a decent QB, UK is vulnerable.

From a Blue Raider fan perspective, I'd rather play them early in the yr before their talent/depth and QB play can improve.

From a Wildcat fan perspective, I like where the game is at and is sandwiched between 2 winnable games in UT and UL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT