ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL 2017 Media Guide

I didn't see Zach Dobson listed in the media guide, but he is still listed on the website. Maurice Gordon is listed 4th on the depth chart. I thought he would come in and push for that starting spot or at least the backup. Also, our front 7 is tiny. Our D line 2 deep averages 268 lbs and our LB 2 deep averages 218 lbs. I'm interested to see what Shafer does with this defense

Last edited:
I didn't see Zach Dobson listed in the media guide, but he is still listed on the website. Maurice Gordon is listed 4th on the depth chart. I thought he would come in and push for that starting spot or at least the backup. Also, our front 7 is tiny. Our D line 2 deep averages 268 lbs and our LB 2 deep averages 218 lbs. I'm interested to see what Shafer does with this defense

We have always been small and when we had some size it hasn't translated into a better D. We are never going to have a shut down D, but we should be able to hold our own with similar opponents. On the D line, we have one small DT who happens to be the best one we have in Manciel, all the others are "average" size and I would say our DE's are good sized.

Manciel will do some work at DE as well to add depth there. Shafer has already said that. Ferguson is in the mix too.

Don't worry about depth charts. We've had one week of camp. There's like 3 more weeks before the VU game.

Also, we have a few 300 pounders at DT. They aren't listed on the depth chart but several will be in the rotation. Again, we are only 25% of the way through. Lots more to discover.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT