ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL 2016 CFB Top 30 QB Rankings

It feels too low to me but when have we ever had a top 25 caliber QB as an FBS school? It's pretty cool to see him there with that group. I think he's on the level of Kelly and Rosen to be honest. He murdered Tanner Mangum's stats last year and he's too high. If I were to rank him with all of those QB's I think 11th would be a better ranking given that he was statistically the best freshman QB last year with 4000 + yards.

Since he has only been a starter for one year, I think its ok...then I saw Dobbs at #15. All this is a crap shoot.

Stock should be at least in top 20. He will get some Heisman hype this year if all goes well.
Can we slow the Stock-hype train down just a bit? Stock is a RS-So QB with loads of potential but he has much to work on. Opposing teams now have a year of film to analyze and game plan for the upcoming season.

Can he make the jump? Certainly. But let's stop writing him in as a darkhorse Heisman contender and keep everything down on planet earth where it belongs... I

Sorry but he deserves it. The more hype he gets the more exposure our program gets and the more players will take a serious look at our program. He can handle it. Technically he is a rs sophomore but in reality he is a rs junior. Remember he grey shirted for a fall.

Sorry but he deserves it. The more hype he gets the more exposure our program gets and the more players will take a serious look at our program. He can handle it. Technically he is a rs sophomore but in reality he is a rs junior. Remember he grey shirted for a fall.
Thanks to a somewhat odd rule, Stock was actually eligible for the NFL draft last year (greyshirt, redshirt, redshirt freshman).

I have no issue with including Stock in a list of top 30 QB in CFB, my issue is with calling a redshirt-sophomore from a CUSA school a darkhorse Heisman candidate. Is it possible with CTF - certainly. Is it likely - no. Let's not forget last time MT had a 'darkhorse Heisman" (Hicks for Heisman). It didn't exactly bode well as MT limped to a 4-8 record in 2002. Less than a decade later, Dasher was billed as a darkhorse candidate in 2010 before his gambling fiasco.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT