ADVERTISEMENT

You know it’s bad when...

There's one season I enjoyed under Mac. One. The level of depression I felt watching his teams from 02-05 has not been matched or exceeded. I'm tired of the Stock regime myself but I've had more fun watching his teams by far than any Mac team with the exception of one year. We didn't beat Maryland twice, GT, Syracuse, or Mizzou under Mac. We didn't go to bowl games or win 2 of them under Mac. Mac had a co championship and so did Stock. It's a crazy argument. Stock has been a big upgrade over Mac and he cleaned up the mess Mac left behind.

Do we need new blood in the program? I'm leaning that way but it's crazy to mention Mac. That guy torpedoed us and damn near cost us the program.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Wanna know how many bowl games Stock would have gone to if the rules and circumstances were similar to when McCollum was coach?

ZERO. Because when McCollum was coach there was 1 bid, for the best team in the conference, and Stock has NEVER, in 13 years, been at the top of the conference.

So cut the $hit when comparing Stock's bowl appearances to McCollum's appearances because the circumstances for the two are apples and oranges. Getting to a bowl game these days is a joke.

we’re reminiscing about the Andy Mac days...
Btw, this was posted with a touch of sarcasm. I don’t think anyone really wants to return to the Andy Mac days, but I know there have been several references to how Mac could beat Vandy but Stock can’t.

I wouldn’t want Mac back either, but I’m firmly in the camp that it’s past time for a change.

Wanna know how many bowl games Stock would have gone to if the rules and circumstances were similar to when McCollum was coach?

ZERO. Because when McCollum was coach there was 1 bid, for the best team in the conference, and Stock has NEVER, in 13 years, been at the top of the conference.

So cut the $hit when comparing Stock's bowl appearances to McCollum's appearances because the circumstances for the two are apples and oranges. Getting to a bowl game these days is a joke.

Gotta call BS on that because Mac had 1 7+ win year. 1 year, Stock has had 7. Take away the bowls. Mac didn't win crap. He was horrible. Worse than. Not defending him. What I saw last night was abysmal but the Mac argument is silly.

Gotta call BS on that because Mac had 1 7+ win year. 1 year, Stock has had 7. Take away the bowls. Mac didn't win crap. He was horrible. Worse than. Not defending him. What I saw last night was abysmal but the Mac argument is silly.

How are you gonna call BS? What I posted is FACT. When McCollum was coach, we played in a conference that was a 1 bid league, PERIOD. You had to win the conference, OUTRIGHT, to go to the New Orleans bowl. Simple as that.

Stockstill has never done that, in 13 years. So I'm sorry, there is no "BS" - Stockstill, under those same circumstances, would have never reached a bowl in his 13 seasons here....

Sounds bad, doesn't it?

Lucky for Rick and his family, bowl games are given out like participation trophies these days. 13 years and no bowl game doesn't sound too good does it?

Reactions: MTOleBlue
We regressed to the worst 1A football team in the state.

That’s all you need to know.

Not one team of Memphis Vanderbilt or UTK that we can even “compete” with.

And the gap is widening.

We regressed to the worst 1A football team in the state.

That’s all you need to know.

Not one team of Memphis Vanderbilt or UTK that we can even “compete” with.

And the gap is widening.

This is true.

And wanna know what's scary?

We supposedly have our best QB ever in his senior year, and a roster full of seniors and juniors, yet we are still awful and easily the worst D1 team in the state.

This is 100% due to piss poor recruiting from this staff, especially at the OL and WR positions. OL can't block anyone. WR's can't get open because too slow. Therefore QB can't do his job.

Defense is pretty good but can't stay on the field the whole game........

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT