ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Wow! Monken gone

At this point, USM has their back against the wall. Signing day is only a 17 or so days away so they'll need to are someone quick.

I thought USM was done and disgusted with Nix after he stole Luckett, Wafford, and Heard...

After leaving Southern Miss in December to become OC at Arizona State, Expect former USM OC Chip Lindsey to have a chance to turn this job down Lindsey. His familiarity with the athletic department, coaching staff, and recruits would help stabilize the recruiting class and provide continuity during the rebuilding process at USM

Sucks for them.

No quality coach is going to leave his school this close to signing day. If you press the panic button, this is how you end up with stuck with a Derek Dooley on a multi-year contract.

If I was the USM AD, I'd avoid the urge to name someone quickly, and maybe name a coach on the staff as interim and see how that works out. If it doesn't work out well, then you get a headstart on a full search next year. It's not great for recruiting, but this class is likely shot anyway if you bring in an outside guy who's got to rebuild all those relationships.

Reactions: MTBig Blue
I looked at a snapshot of their recruiting class and it looks like most of their "higher profile" guys are already signed.

I looked at a snapshot of their recruiting class and it looks like most of their "higher profile" guys are already signed.

That's most of their JUCO guys.

I looked over their verbal list for signing day.

There was only 2 guys who reported an MT offer (according to the databases). Don't know if we'd have any interest in them.

Lorenzo Dantzler out of Starkville MS. Poor kid committed to them 2 days ago. He's a DE, he's a Mississippi kid though, so he might stick.

Another was Vada King, a linebacker out of Alabama. We already have 4 linebackers on the hook.

Reactions: MTBig Blue
Lorenzo Dantzler out of Starkville MS. Poor kid committed to them 2 days ago. He's a DE, he's a Mississippi kid though, so he might stick.

Another was Vada King, a linebacker out of Alabama. We already have 4 linebackers on the hook.

Dantzler is solid with them. He proclaimed as much on twitter after the announcement.

USM also has a 5 star recruit coming in for an OV, although his older brother is on the team so I'm sure that family connection has a lot to do with that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT