ADVERTISEMENT

Who does stupid crap like this???

I know. We can't even getaway from the power 5 at MT athletic sponsored events

Playing devil's advocate here - the stuff going on at Louisville might be the most interesting things going on in sports today. I think it could have a bearing on what goes on in other programs - certainly, we can't be as nieve to think that UL was the only ones doing it. Gary Barnett and Colorado got busted for something similar about 10 years ago.

UK baskeball fans are trash.

Asking about the scandal at Louisville is one thing, but Im not sure what question about Kentucky would have any relevance to us

Pitino is having a hard time keeping up with the Blue Monster in Lexington (along with Duke, UNC, and the other ACC programs). I don't doubt for a minute he either knew or at the very least turned the other way.

As for MT fans (?) at the luncheon: I would bet 90% of those present couldn't name one of the new players in the program. Most couldn't name the returning starters. How many know where we are picked in C-USA this year? Very few know Davis dismissed three players for undisclosed violations of department policy (apparently without giving them 2nd chances) yet we took a transfer (gave a 2nd chance) who could be facing Federal charges. But these fans have heard about the problems in Louisville and, being in $EC country and knowing UK is a perennial program, can ask intelligent questions of a ESPN personality about those programs.

Playing devil's advocate here - the stuff going on at Louisville might be the most interesting things going on in sports today. I think it could have a bearing on what goes on in other programs - certainly, we can't be as nieve to think that UL was the only ones doing it. Gary Barnett and Colorado got busted for something similar about 10 years ago.

UK baskeball fans are trash.
If anything, it might require schools to be diligent in monitoring the specific uses of their athletes' Cost of Attendance. Just sayin'

One Memphis fan I spoke with doesn't think Josh Pastner will survive the season. I offered him CKD but he declined.

lol, yep Pastner is as good as gone if they dont make it to the second weekend. I know everyone is excited about the football team, but Memphis is still a basketball city and I bet the fans are more upset about the state of the basketball program than they are happy about the football program

lol, yep Pastner is as good as gone if they dont make it to the second weekend. I know everyone is excited about the football team, but Memphis is still a basketball city and I bet the fans are more upset about the state of the basketball program than they are happy about the football program

Nick King transferring to Alabama and then Austin Nichols leaving in July for Virginia sealed Pastner's fate. Nichols had already been named team captain and the entire pre-season marketing campaign was shot to hell. Billboards, bus signage, direct mail pieces poof!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT