ADVERTISEMENT

Which former Raiders could sign free-agent contracts?

MTLynn

Hall of Famer
Jan 27, 2003
dnj excerpt:

...several players from last year's team who could sign free-agent contracts.

Reggie Whatley – The 5-foot-7, 179 running back/returner ran a 4.4 in the 40-yard dash during MTSU's pro day. He finished his career averaging 5.9 yards per carry and an impressive 26.9 yards per kick return.

Marcus Henry – The wide receiver ran a 4.54 in the 40-yard dash during the Blue Raiders' pro day and finished his career with a 14.5 yards per catch average.

Chris Perkins – The wide receiver ran a 4.61 in the 40-yard dash during his pro day but at 6-4 and 218 pounds his size could be worth look to some NFL teams.

Shubert Bastien – At 6-foot-5 and 254 pounds, the defensive end finished his season with 5.5 sacks.

Optimistic Whatley will get a shot as Undrafted Free Agent as kick or punt returner, but his size leads me to believe he ends up in the CFL.

I remember when Bastien was a freshman or sophomore he worked out at the Pro Day that MT had and the scouts there were drooling over him. If only his production would've picked up this past year..

Whatley's a Titan.

The rest of the guys, I just don't see it. Maybe Henry gets a shot later? With the rookie pool being kind of small, it's not the free for all that it was before.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT