ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL What was the first MT game you attended?

MTSU at Tennessee Tech some time back in the early 90s. I was a kid, so I forget the exact year. It was the first time Tech had beaten MTSU in a little while and the beat them pretty good and tore down the goal posts. My first game was preparing me for this era of MTSU football I guess. Ha!

TSU. Sept 5 1998. Revamped stadium and a win. How the game went down, couldn't tell ya.

I was a freshman enthralled with the whole experience. Too busy talking. Haha.

October 6 2001
MT vs Idaho.
if this game don’t get you hooked nothing will
MT won 70-56.
MT roared out to big lead. Idaho came roaring back. Wes threw like 6 TD’s. The game was interrupted by several fist of cuffs, penalties, and ejections. Man we had some talent on that team
My first time and never looked back.
Go Blue

Sept 18, 2004
FAU at MT, FAU won 27-20
I was there as a member of the band not being a fan, and I walked out a diehard despite the loss

October 6 2001
MT vs Idaho.
if this game don’t get you hooked nothing will
MT won 70-56.
MT roared out to big lead. Idaho came roaring back. Wes threw like 6 TD’s. The game was interrupted by several fist of cuffs, penalties, and ejections. Man we had some talent on that team
My first time and never looked back.
Go Blue
Same

Reactions: MarJac23
2003, at Georgia. Lost 29-10( that was a week after David pollack and co. Just smoked Clemson 30-0 and they were invincible.) High school teammate played at UGA at the time and said the game plan MTSU had in place against UGA was one of the best all year. He left impressed fwiw

My first game?

What do you think? 2003 FAU @ Home to start the season of course when we lost on the last play of the game because our safety (hey man...your position name is literally the definition of what you have to be) let a WR run by him on the last play of the game and then went for the INT instead of just playing smart.....

I still remember the FAU receiver running through the end zone, through the tunnel, and straight into the locker room with his whole team following behind. One of the craziest ending's to a game I've seen and never seen something like that since.

And in true miserable fashion, I was hooked and on a bus to see us play @ Georgia the following week.

2004 FAU.

Don't remember much, but I do remember the FAU players turning around and taunting the student section when we lost.

I may have attended a game in 2003 as that was my first year as a transfer student, but I can't recall and I do remember having to work every Saturday that year.

I got married that Saturday and while near Miami, I had to read how Howard S beat the blue raiders for their inaugural win.
My first game?

What do you think? 2003 FAU @ Home to start the season of course when we lost on the last play of the game because our safety (hey man...your position name is literally the definition of what you have to be) let a WR run by him on the last play of the game and then went for the INT instead of just playing smart.....

I still remember the FAU receiver running through the end zone, through the tunnel, and straight into the locker room with his whole team following behind. One of the craziest ending's to a game I've seen and never seen something like that since.

And in true miserable fashion, I was hooked and on a bus to see us play @ Georgia the following week.

Sadly, but not unexpectedly, the most recent first game was 2006.

That means we’re simply not making any new fans. That doesn’t bode well for the future.

Sadly, but not unexpectedly, the most recent first game was 2006.

That means we’re simply not making any new fans. That doesn’t bode well for the future.

not surprising. I think we can all agree the younger generations are……different.

Reactions: Blue_H
Haha! I dont play well with snowflakes. In fact, since sigma dude mentioned being a kid, I would like to dedicate Kid Rocks new song to him/her/xi and tuba boy.
Hell yeah! Little kids are the biggest snowflakes always crying about something and unable to provide for themselves. Of course the democrats and their child labor laws don't help THAT 🙄. You never see them out on dates either because they aren't even interested in chicks. "Cooties!" Kind of makes you wonder about them sissies if you know what I mean.

not surprising. I think we can all agree the younger generations are……different.
Different to say the least. They need the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular with full pyro on the field during breaks in play to have them attend a game and not be bored. Sporting events are social first, and about he game second or third with them.

MTSU at Tennessee Tech some time back in the early 90s. I was a kid, so I forget the exact year. It was the first time Tech had beaten MTSU in a little while and the beat them pretty good and tore down the goal posts. My first game was preparing me for this era of MTSU football I guess. Ha!
I looked it up, and it was 11/20/1993 Tennessee Tech 35 MTSU 14.

Hell yeah! Little kids are the biggest snowflakes always crying about something and unable to provide for themselves. Of course the democrats and their child labor laws don't help THAT 🙄. You never see them out on dates either because they aren't even interested in chicks. "Cooties!" Kind of makes you wonder about them sissies if you know what I mean.

Happy I live where I live. The young fellas know how to skin a buck and run trot lines. Everbody has that dont start none wont be none mindset

Who still has their inaugural Floyd coin they passed out that game? My retirement is riding on the value of this one.

4-C19-BDC5-5-BC3-40-EF-AD23-7-DC8-F123-E3-E2.jpg

607-E8-EE4-AFD2-4-D47-9-FCF-356-C6-F549-CBC.jpg

TSU. Sept 5 1998. Revamped stadium and a win. How the game went down, couldn't tell ya.

I was a freshman enthralled with the whole experience. Too busy talking. Haha.

Who still has their inaugural Floyd coin they passed out that game? My retirement is riding on the value of this one

I don't even remember that. Didn't give to students maybe? Gonna have to track one down.

I do have one of the little plastic footballs they gave out at 1-A Day in '99.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
My first game?

The safety was Muhammad Rashada. I was standing in the endzone waiting to interview Coach HS. Never thought about it, but I guess I was his first interview after his first win at FAU. On our radio broadcast, you can hear someone throw their clipboard when the FAU WR broke free, LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
You mean this sound? Clipboard sound loud and clear!

Last play of FAU game 2003

😂🤣😂🤣

The safety was Muhammad Rashada. I was standing in the endzone waiting to interview Coach HS. Never thought about it, but I guess I was his first interview after his first win at FAU. On our radio broadcast, you can hear someone throw their clipboard when the FAU WR broke free, LOL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT