ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Where were you when MTSU took down Michigan State?

Home. Rushed home from work as quick as I could. Have a selfie that showed up on my Facebook memories today of me in front of the TV with the score grinning like a freaking fool.

I like the pic better of the Minnesota game score the next year while holding my now 9yr old with him smiling in his "My first Middle Tennessee tee". 😁

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
I was at work. I watched it from my desk. Even when they turned it on in the breakroom i didn't want to jinx it. Definitely cried and got so excited. Just so unbelievable. We had the lead from the get go.

ESPN just 1 minute ago high-lighted Middle Tennessee's victory over Michigan St. A great day to be celebrated indeed.

I was at the game. It was probably the most perfect MTSU game I have ever seen or ever will. I took pictures of the scores at different points when the game started because I wanted to show that we had led Michigan State that much at least at that time. We kept thinking that this can't last, but with every surge we held on. We are so far from that type of team now it hurts.

I think both teams shot better than 50% from the field. Maybe the best effort we have ever had on a big stage. Giddy, and several of the guys from that team were sitting behind the bench for the Western game last week.

I watched Mich St. at home but we hopped in the car and drove to St. Louis the next morning for the weekend. Snagged 2 courtside end zone seats next to the Syracuse bench on seat geek for $50. We all know what happened the next day but it was a fun quick trip.

Had it pre-recorded on the TV and my wife already knew the final score as I was freaking out watching it. Being able to read her like a book took all of the surprise out of it haha. My profile pic was the moment Reggie slammed it with 40 seconds left to put us up by 5 and I nearly passed out watching that.

At work in the office. Watched the game on my Iphone while trying to get pressing work done. Enjoyed every second that I could watch. One of the great moments that will live in history for a Blue Raider fan! Hope I get to live long enough to see us make a Final Four at least once (hey, if Florida Atlantic or Butler could...why can't we?).

Reactions: crassyblue
I was at work. I watched it from my desk. Even when they turned it on in the breakroom i didn't want to jinx it. Definitely cried and got so excited. Just so unbelievable. We had the lead from the get go.
Same here.
I was at my desk listening to Chip as were several others. As it became evident we may just win this thing, we all gathered in the the break room and went crazy.
Drove home and watched it again
It was a good day

I watched Mich St. at home but we hopped in the car and drove to St. Louis the next morning for the weekend. Snagged 2 courtside end zone seats next to the Syracuse bench on seat geek for $50. We all know what happened the next day but it was a fun quick trip.
Was the crowd pulling for MT 2nd round?

The Dayton crowd was definitely pulling for us in the first round. Syracuse had eaten up a lot of tickets for the second round.

That was a long, 5 Hour Dr. home that Sunday night. A weekend of elation and good times that came to a grinding halt. We could never get into a rhythm against Syracuse Princeton sets.

He actually clarified that a little bit. The point of the #1 seeds making it is somewhat valid. I mean imagine us making it with a losing record. Quite ridiculous. SHSU and LaT both faltered. But at the same time teams are seeded #1 for a reason and get benefits such as home court in some instances and skipping first/second round games. Just do your job as the #1 seed like our ladies did.

But overall the sentiment of removing mid-majors as implied is sadly a possibility as Sankey has said it many times and probably won't be the last one with influence to say it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT