ADVERTISEMENT

What is Wrong with the Lady Raiders?

blueboro007

All American
Dec 8, 2006
Really puzzling what is going on with this team. Seems chemistry is out of whack. Oliva does not start against UAB I assume as some type of message that she is not bigger than the team. She has had many times this year she seems to be pouting on the floor and complaining to players and coaches...not in a way a leader does but more like someone unhappy. She plays so hard but her body language tells it all at times. This team seems to have packed it in for the year and after Parker's dismissal no room for error. Hope they can get it back by tourney time but think this season is over.

We'll know a whole lot more this time next week - reserving any comment about where we are as a team until that time - I have said that I'm a lot more comfortable with where the men are at this time as opposed to the ladies.

The team is young and but talented. They have lost Parker, so I think their record reflects about where they are - one of the best teams in CUSA.

If they win the CUSA tourney then I think they will have exceeded my expectations.

Borthick got some abuse early in the season when he tweeted something about their conditioning after a loss. Not sure after watching some late game fades that he wasn't right after all. Those are some big girls, bigger than some more athletic teams that the Lady Raiders have struggled against. I wonder about nutrition as well.

I understand one of the girls who starts some has gained 25 pounds since before last year. How is that possible when they run so much during the season? My understanding is that it is something coaches and staff cannot bring up as it is a "sensitive" area which makes NO sense to me. I am sure Kermit lets the guys know where he expects them to be from a weight/strength standpoint. I guess the only way to get the message across would be not to play them unless they get in better shape. But in that case quite a few would be on the bench.

Insell should hire Stephany Smith to bring in the players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT