ADVERTISEMENT

What If...

I get tired of seeing your crap telling me that you don't want to see the same crap that may or may not be my crap. See what we just did there? We made a crap sandwich.

shit_sandwich.jpg

Who is making excuses and who is crying? You can have your opinion, as I have mine. Like I said, I just get tired of seeing the same crap in every thread, especially after a win.

And your post doesn't make sense; why should I get used to seeing the stadium like your pic because of what I post?

Losing stinks. It causes exchanges like the above which are totally unnecessary. Enjoy this win for a week. It may be a while before the next one.
I guess he'll be trolling more over here now. It appears the other board has already grown tired of him. Some folks are too predictable.

Yikes. That photo of the empty stands is worse than the YouTube video taken by the skydiver a few years ago on "Salute To Veterans" day.

back when MT first began playing 1-A, I traveled to B'ham to watch the MT/UAB game. The crowd that day looked like the one in the photo.

back when MT first began playing 1-A, I traveled to B'ham to watch the MT/UAB game. The crowd that day looked like the one in the photo.

That image has a scary feel. UAB in their past has had pitiful crowds even when considering Legion Field is much larger than our stadium. Knowing what they are going through restarting a football program, I shudder to think someday we as Blue Raider fans might face if that viability question ever surfaced for political or economic reasons. It can happen here if the image Saturday is representative of seasons down the road. Hope we don't let our program get into that shape.

That image has a scary feel. UAB in their past has had pitiful crowds even when considering Legion Field is much larger than our stadium. Knowing what they are going through restarting a football program, I shudder to think someday we as Blue Raider fans might face if that viability question ever surfaced for political or economic reasons. It can happen here if the image Saturday is representative of seasons down the road. Hope we don't let our program get into that shape.

The thing is, the 25k vs Vandy shows we can put butts in the seats if you give people a reason to come.

Other than "You should be loyal to your team", has this program given you any reason to come to the stadium lately?

How many of you keep coming to games out of a sense of duty or loyalty, rather than really enjoying the product?

I enjoy the product. We go fast. We score a lot. We win most of our home games. I think the fact that we put 25k in the stadium for candy is what really chaps me about our fans. On what planet are they a product worth seeing? How are they a reason to come and ECU was not and Marshall won't be. I will never understand it.

I enjoy the product. We go fast. We score a lot. We win most of our home games. I think the fact that we put 25k in the stadium for candy is what really chaps me about our fans. On what planet are they a product worth seeing? How are they a reason to come and ECU was not and Marshall won't be. I will never understand it.

I think a lot of the problem is that we're notoriously slow starting program, killing momentum from the start.

Playing an FCS in week 1 (which no one gets excited for) and then Alabama for week 2 pretty much guarantees you that no one has bothered to pay much attention to an MT game for the first 2 weeks (Automatic win then automatic loss). Then, when people start paying attention, you lost winnable games vs Illinois and Vandy. You have your last chance to salvage something against WKU, and with that effort - you've lost everyone but the die-hards for another year.

If you're 3-5 or whatever by the end of October, it really matters very little from a fan perspective if you rattle off 4 November wins - no one is paying attention.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I'll drive 180 miles round trip to watch Middle Tennessee vs. WKU

I'll drive 400 miles round trip to watch Ole Miss vs. Memphis

I won't drive 50 miles round trip to watch Jackson State, Charlotte or FIU vs Middle Tennessee. For me, it's about product.

Maybe its me being a old season ticket holder from the 1aa era. I have never attended a game to watch the other team. For me it was always about the Blue Raiders, never about Tennessee Tech or UTChattanooga, and it's not about Maryland, Minnesota, Virginia, or Vanderbilt, now. In the last two decades, I've only missed one home game, and I made the tailgate, but decided quickly that just being out of the hospital after some surgery, it was a little early.

For me, whether its Jackson State, or Mississippi State, I am going to be in Floyd Stadium after a day tailgating to watch the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders, no other team.

Maybe its me being a old season ticket holder from the 1aa era. I have never attended a game to watch the other team. For me it was always about the Blue Raiders, never about Tennessee Tech or UTChattanooga, and it's not about Maryland, Minnesota, Virginia, or Vanderbilt, now. In the last two decades, I've only missed one home game, and I made the tailgate, but decided quickly that just being out of the hospital after some surgery, it was a little early.

For me, whether its Jackson State, or Mississippi State, I am going to be in Floyd Stadium after a day tailgating to watch the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders, no other team.

Amen!!! Space, wish we had 19,000 more ardent fans every Saturday. We'd be talking about stadium expansion project along with improvements instead of improvements with contracting in mind! This philosophy is what we desperately so need in Murfreesboro. Business marquees along Broad Street or other commercial districts that have them rarely, if ever, mention there is a football or basketball game here on Saturday. Maybe Toots or Bud Morris' Insurance Agency, but that's about the size of business promotion consistently. We are a little better seeing the "Football Game Today" signs and the inflatable helmet over the last five years. For a college town, we don't see town and gown engagement like we ought. We have population. We have alumni here. Someone needs to be asking why fan loyalty is lacking on a long term basis.

The attendance image of last Saturday's game is (or should be) troubling if one is employed as an administrator in Murphy Center. Fans sign the paychecks as paying customers and through purchase of merchandise and being a donor, if their budget permits. Attendance is a reflection of how effective the product promotion is and the health of the program. Something is amiss. Winning helps greatly. However, it's more than that, its lack of development in culture that is sorely lacking..and has been for years. Weak fan support is in part how UAB got in trouble and almost lost its football program (coupled with some very bad politics). We could face the same pressure sometime down the road if we are not careful..most likely it will be economics that drive the decision.

One does have a choice in Murfreesboro. It's not just about UT, Vandy, Alabama, or Kentucky. Middle Tennessee should be your favorite team, especially if your degree was earned here and one had spent four or more years matriculating for that BS, BBA, BFA, BA, MFA, MBA, MS, MA, EdS, DA, or PhD as the case may be. Be proud and Be Blue!!!

Reactions: TeKEraider
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT