ADVERTISEMENT

What If...

C-Bow

Hall of Famer
Staff
Dec 5, 2005
www.gomiddle.com
MT needs to go 4-2 over this last half of the season to reach bowl eligibility. I think it's become clear (from most anyways) that that type of finish would not be acceptable. 6-6 just is not gonna cut it anymore to keep the fanbase happy.

But, what if MT goes 5-1 during this stretch (it would have to include a win over either La Tech or Marshall, hell maybe even both) to finish the regular season with 7 wins...and then they win a bowl game to get to 8 wins on the year.

Would you be happy with that?

Would you be happy if the team did go 6-6 but won a bowl game to finish the year with 7 wins?

Where is the barometer at for you, as a fan, that determines what is a successful season at this point? I think back to before the season started, a lot of people predicted 7 or 8 wins as the top-off for this team. So, if it still happens, would you be happy, or did your expectations shift after the start of the season?

With the talent and expectations for this team going into this season, conference championship or bust, don't care what our final record is. "Bowl eligibility" isn't a term that exists in my eyes/isn't in my vocabulary because it essentially means and guarantees nothing. (Remember our 8 win "bowl eligible" season?)

End of the season records essentially mean nothing for a team like MT unless you're trying to get into the college football bowl play off, in which case we'd need to be undefeated.

We are not chasing a magic number here. It is about our program demonstrating tangible progress via big OOC wins and conference championships and visibly getting better on the field, all of which we have not and will not do this season.

Reactions: MTTrueBlue
I don't think we can salvage the season after the three game losing streak. It was clear when the schedule was announced, based on the promise of an improved team, that the three game streak would define the season. If we had won just one of the three we would all be so much happier with where we are (and we were damn close in two of the three).

We have already lost the fans [did you see the crowd (?) today?]. Even winning out including a bowl game will do little to erase the damage already done this year.

I really feel like today was one of those lets just get a win and get out of here games. If we can lean up our silly mistakes we'll be fine. At worst split the La Tech and Marshall games and win the rest we'll have something to build upon. I'm still looking for us to finish no worse than 7-5

Crowd seemed very somber today, even after we won. Today didn't exactly feel like a complete victory. We just skated by to get a "W" in the column. There were a few good plays, but not much more. It's really going to push us to go 4-2 in the back half of the season, unless we really turn the corner.

It's incredibly frustrating to continue to go 6-6, make it to a bowl, and then hear the athletic department proclaim "fresh off an appearance in the Bowl, come see your 2016 MT Blue Raiders take on a 6 game home schedule..." in their marketing. As a man, there's a lot to like about Coach Stock. He's principled. He'll run a clean program, but the .500 product on the field leaves a lot to be desired.

No one gets excited about seeing 6-6 football. For MT to take it to the next level, they will need to rip off two or three EXCITING 9-10 win seasons (including bowl wins)

He's not a ra-ra guy like the coach in Knoxville or the former coach on West End. That's not him and that's ok, but at some point, the coach speak gets a little boring (so my wife tells me when I provide "coach speak" answers to her).

As I watch the offenses at WKU, Baylor, and Oregon (with Mariota) - I see an offense with an identity and a systematic plan of attack. I see innovation. I see the blending of spread, pro, and/or option concepts. I see the defense stretched horizontally and vertically. When I watch MT, I see a team who struggles if their core concepts/gameplan is stopped.

As a coach/football guru/X and O's of football guy, I'm not married to one system, but I am married to a systematic plan of attack. I just don't see the "constraint theory of offense" utilized at MT.

While I'm not, by any means, anti-Buster (he's a nice guy from the encounters I've had with him), I'd like to see some fresh blood brought in on both the offensive and defensive sides of the ball.

MT fans need to see better than 6-6 this year

Reactions: Raiderclyde
Again, it's not about a magic number here. What if we went 7-5 but our wins were against Alabama, FAU, WKU, La. Tech, Marshall, Charlotte, & North Texas. We finished with 2 losses in our division but made the championship game because we beat WKU and La. Tech....

Not all 6-6 or 7-5 (or even 8-4) season's are equal. It's about who you beat and how you beat them. Hell, we went 8-4 a few years ago with one of the worst teams I've ever seen fielded here at MT but we played literally the weakest schedule in the country so that's why. It should come as no surprise we didn't even get a bowl selection because everyone saw the fraud that we were in the season finale with Ark St.....

No magic number....

Meanwhile, Memphis is making an argument for a play off spot...

I was there. Still in Memphis having dinner. The Liberty Bowl was rockin'. Helluva win.

Watched a bit of the Memphis game after finishing playing golf. They are solid, especially on defense, and Paxton Lynch is the real deal. My only thought was you better enjoy it while it lasts cause Fuente will be gone within the next month.

fvU8Mr1.jpg

Had to fire two coaches while we owned them.

I'd be satisfied with 7 wins. This is still a young team.

6-6, or 6-7 would be a disappointment. Honestly, I've been one of the biggest coach supporters here, but the WKU game has me right at the edge.

Even today's win was bittersweet because we didn't play particularly well and did our darndest to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

I think 7-5 would be successful for the season but make no mistake our program is in stagnation, we have very few fans. Today was a gorgeous day and we had maybe 5K people in the stands.

Someone said the crowd was somber, no the folks that were there were making noise just NOT enough butts in the seats.

Today felt like 2004 late in the year, just no one there.

I love my school but I am in no way happy with this season whatsoever. Rick Stockstill has absolutely killed the program and I no longer look at one season. There is hardly anyone going to games and the enthusiasm is gone. For us board people, we will always come back but this is the darkest I can remember the program being in since 2004.

I agree with some of comments in this thread that have to do with how the team is performing in addition to Ws & Ls. IMO, it would take one heck of a near miracle run to finish this season for it to be a good or successful season. Although I'd say the odds are against this prospect, at least splitting Marshall & LaTech would be necessary for that successful season. That is with winning all the other games. This would also include a bowl win. Ws like that on their own won't cut it for me at this point. It will require MT to suddenly start performing at an incredibly high level compared to what MTSU has been doing over the last few years. For instance, a win against LaTech or Marshall would not be anything to get excited about if the opponent played a terrible game that MT won in unconvincing fashion.

MTSU would have to win all the other games in more impressive fashion than today's win vs FIU. While I'm glad MTSU won today, it did not stand out as a really strong performance for MT. If the FIU receivers actually caught the majority of the dropped balls that hit their hands, I think FIU just might have won that game today. Admittedly, MT's defense deserves some credit for a few of those. I'm just trying to make the point here that MT will need to do a heck of a lot more in beating C-USA bottom feeders with just an ok to fairly decent performance. I'm not demanding MT beat all of the avg to below avg C-USA teams like MT beat Charlotte, but overall stronger performances are required to convince me that MT could beat a decent above .500 FBS team.

The biggest factor now IMO, is the attendance. Just as I, and others, predicted, today's attendance was an embarrassment. Listed attendance was just over 13K. From my perspective, it looked like 7 or 8K would have been a generous estimate for today's attendance. I'm curious as to others' estimates of today's attendance.

In televising today's game, FSN did everything they could from showing the bleachers around the stadium. When play necessitated the camera revealing the stadium's bleachers, they were empty. For a quality broadcast around the country on most of FSN's regional networks that included Brian Baldinger as the color analyst, it was pathetic and embarrassing for MT to have a largely empty stadium. And this on an absolutely beautiful crisp fall afternoon where the weather was downright almost perfect. Again, I think the lack of attendance and support for the team is likely the most damaging aspect of coach stock's body of work here at MT. Speaking of coach stock's body of work, didn't coach stock just go 1 above .500 overall at MT with today's win? I don' think that's impressing the casual fan MT so desperately needs.

Reactions: ToddMalone
A few more thoughts on quality of wins and performance vs just getting to 7 wins irregardless of overall performance.

Again, I'm glad MT won today. It was nice to finally see a victory after a stretch of some tough losses. Although I'm glad about the win, I'm certainly not celebrating today's overall performance. The team has a long long way to go before they start looking like a team that is performing at a level that indicates MT has rounded the corner to consistently compete for conf titles and bowl wins.

Case in point, MT's victory being vs FIU. Besides getting a much needed win at this point in the season, wins vs FIU are usually insignificant in quality of opponent. Wins vs FIU mean little else other than gaining a conf win that other avg and above avg conf teams have already won. If you lose in conf to a FIU, you usually lose ground in the conf race vs the top half of the teams in the conf standings (see last year). If you win vs a FIU in conf, you likely are just holding position vs the top half of teams in the conf standing. In other words, loss vs FIU = losing ground; win vs FIU = breaking even. Or holding serve if you like.

A few more factoids concerning MT's win vs FIU. This speaks to the point that a lot of coach stock's wins come in conf vs inferior competition aka the bottom feeders. Well, yea, it's better to beat the bottom feeders instead of losing to them. While I give coach stock credit for usually winning these types of games in most seasons, there is a whole heck of a lot more that needs to be done in order to get to a good level of success. In other words, the college football world really don't care and hardly notices that MTSU beat FIU. On to a few of the factoids concerning MT's win vs a somewhat "improving or improved" FIU:

Before today's game, FIU was 3-3. An improvement for FIU indeed.

Of those 3 wins: 1 was vs UCF, an otherwise good win. This season, not so much. FIU beat the still winless UCF (0-7) by 1 point.

Win 2 for FIU, vs that FCS power of the MEAC, NCCU who apparently is slightly better than fellow conf mate Savannah St. At this point in the season, NCCU looks to be an average team in the MEAC. Halfway up the conf standings and 3-3 overall. Credit FIU for this win as FCS are no where near guarantee wins for FIU.

Win #3 for FIU was against the regressing UTEP 2-4 overall this season and 0-2 in C-USA which has UTEP 2nd to last in their division leading only the winless North Texas. For those keeping score at home, UTEP's 2 wins do little to bolster the quality or claim of victory vs UTEP. 1 UTEP victory was vs Incarnate Word. Besides me almost marrying an Incarnate Word alumnus years and years ago, I think their football program has little to boast except the hopes of somewhere in the future success and glory. The other claim to fame for UTEP in the win dept is vs their local rival New Mexico St (0-6). Yes, the winless and in dead last place in the SunBelt! To top it all off, it took OT for UTEP to get the NMSU win!

So to sum this up, it looks like FIU wins come vs opponents who have a win total of 1 vs FBS competition.

Well I think you all get the picture. Wins vs FIU and similar teams tend to not really bolster confidence and buzz that MTSU football has taken things to the next level of success. Bottomline, it seems coach stock teams usually do pretty good to beat the worst teams in FBS. Best of the worst. It's better than losing those games to the bottom feeders of Div 1A football. I think the big problem for most dedicated MTSU fans is that only occasionally without any consistency does coach stock teams win vs high quality teams with winning records and wins vs other high quality opponents.

I love my school but I am in no way happy with this season whatsoever. Rick Stockstill has absolutely killed the program and I no longer look at one season. There is hardly anyone going to games and the enthusiasm is gone. For us board people, we will always come back but this is the darkest I can remember the program being in since 2004.

Yea, I'm none the too happy about it either. For years, I've been a pretty big voice of support for coach stock. I thought he deserved easily 3 or 4 years of leadway since he inherited the program with APR reduced roster below 65. Far worse than if MTSU had violated a bunch of NCAA rules in order to win big! He seemed to be competitive in most of those early years despite the reduction in scholarships on the roster. Once he seemed to get the program back on decent ground academically, MT got that big bowl win vs Southern MIss. At that point, I thought he earned some more time to see what he could do with the MTSU program. Then the wheels fell off with a 2 win season. That was a concern, but it seemed to be an outlier. He battled back to respectability in the SBC, but still no outright Titles. Then C-USA came calling. Up to that point, I thought he had the team performing to a place where MT could really make noise in C-USA with a few years of recruiting and player development. As time has passed, it seems that is not happening. Worse, attendance, fan interest, and any buzz about the program seemed to be in significant decline. Last season, and especially this season, I thought were crucial to begin to turn around those trends. That hasn't happened. Sadly, attendance has seemed to get worse. Last season was an incredibly disappointing finish to the season. Even with 6 wins, MT did not deserve a bowl game IMO. Concern increased, but he seemed to make some interesting changes this off season. There seemed to be at least some improvement in the quality of talent at more than a few positions. 2-1 and the jury was still out. Of concern was the way in which MT lost or was about to lose at Illinois. Then was concerned. Then the debacle at home vs Vandy. Clearly trouble now. Then to remove all doubts, MT did not even look like they were ready to play our archrivals at WKU. MT was blown out like MT did not even deserve to be on the same field as WKU.

Now, I've gone from being a pretty big advocate for coach stock to calling for a change at head coach. Coach stock seems like a decent guy. Brent Stockstill seems to be a legit QB with the potential to do some real special things. It's a shame all of this has gotten to this point. If I had any doubts about MT's need for a new HC, the attendance today vs FIU removed all doubts. There is just no denying that you have a big problem when attendance is that bad on a beautiful autumn Saturday afternoon in Oct.

A couple of questions based on recent posts
1) How much of the recent decline in attendance is related to Coach Stock, instead of turnover or problems within the in the marketing department?
2) I absolutely hate playing 3 power conference schools in a season (even if Vandy and Illinois are 2 of the 3). I'd prefer if the OOC looked like: 1 power conference, 1 FCS, 2 G5

1) How much of the recent decline in attendance is related to Coach Stock, instead of turnover or problems within the in the marketing department?
2) I absolutely hate playing 3 power conference schools in a season (even if Vandy and Illinois are 2 of the 3). I'd prefer if the OOC looked like: 1 power conference, 1 FCS, 2 G5

You cannot market our program to any effect at this point. You can when a new coach comes in or after a big season. Heck your best marketing tool is the folks that come, just give each of them a ticket and ask them to bring a friend - that would be the best return of your marketing dollar at this point, literally stop all promotions and just call each season ticket holder and ask them to help.

The schedule is what it is, after 10 years we should be able to handle the schedule. The challenge was always going to be the three game stretch - it was our opportunity to "grow" support. We lost all three and thus the chance to win new fans, new support is over for the year even if we win out.

Programs have defining moments. There is no such thing as a steady climb, now there is a steady decline and that is what we are in. I hate it, I hope we can change it.

You cannot market our program to any effect at this point. You can when a new coach comes in or after a big season. Heck your best marketing tool is the folks that come, just give each of them a ticket and ask them to bring a friend - that would be the best return of your marketing dollar at this point, literally stop all promotions and just call each season ticket holder and ask them to help.

IMO your suggestion is the best suggestion I have heard of yet.
What a great idea, diverting the marketing dollars solely dedicated to a massive word-of-mouth campaign.
Heck, I bet there's enough money to even serve tailgate food before the game, kinda like the MT tickets which include a hot dog and coke.

Great suggestion.

my answers:

1. It is the performance/lack thereof of Coach Stockstill's team. The absolute collapse in the 4th quarter was bad enough against vandy. But to cap that off with the road kill effort at Bowling Green.... The turnout was very predictable for yesterday, given the context of the last few years. I'm not calling for CRS' removal, but some changes need to be made at the end of the year. There has been a noticeable (to me, anyway) lack of a sense of urgency in the way the Raiders perform and play call. The fact that a change was not made in punters til the 7th game of the season is just incomprehensible to me, especially given the performance of Bonadies yesterday. The play calling has just been stubbornly predictable, no adjustments to what is actually happening within the game and on the scoreboard. It has been at times like they are watching the paint dry while the rest of the house is on fire. Maybe the lack of urgency comes from the contract length, who knows. A fire needs to be lit under some seats.

Marketing. mehh. You can not lay this at the feet of those people or those who have come or gone. You gotta win.

2. Schedule. I thought it would be tough to be better than 6-6 when Alabama was added. After the first three games, I thought we had the talent to win the next three. We should have at least won the first two, and if we showed up for wku, mentally and emotionally, players and coaches, we should have been in that game. At worst, looking back MT should have been 4-2.

Reactions: Raiderclyde

To answer question one, think you have to evaluate all inputs. The coaching record and lack of outright championships is self evident. We win generally against bottom half of the conference and lose to quality teams in conference as well as good FBS teams. Occasionally, there will be a Georgia Tech of 2012, but that is quickly counter balanced with a loss to McNeese State. The inconsistency of marketing at times has created much of the presentation we see (don't see) today. Granted, our television package is better since moving to C-USA. I'm not sure our sample size is significant in measuring television ratings since there are so many more options coupled with delivery of our games on various networks since 2005 (AFN, CBS Sports, Fox Sports 1, ESPN+, CSS, UPN 30/WNAB 58, etc.). Channel availability differs depending if one has satellite or cable. Also streaming is prevalent now too--so ratings would be very fragmented. Radio footprint has changed some as well with the affiliates. However, Internet streaming makes that less of an issue than if one is in or outside the WMOT or WGNS listening area. Measuring metrics in marketing is a funny business and that could easily be manipulated to show pro or con, depending on the scope of the study (and how much one funded such a study). But its easy for Jack and Dianne fan to see that something is definitely amiss in 2015.

At nearly 20 years in FBS/1A, our program should be seasoned to win against power conference teams consistently. Not just compete or play a good first half. We have to develop culture that winning is expected and conference championships is expected. Am not sure we really have that in 2015. With Vanderbilt and Illinois of 2014/2015, we are talking about lower rungs from the P5 conference. Don't think anyone here is demanding wins against top ten, fans just want it to be reasonably competitive with solid play and an occasional OOC win against a P5/BC$. BTW, we still do not have a top 25 FBS win since moving to FBS, much less getting ranked. Both Marshall and LaTech has achieved national rankings since CRS has been our coach. It's a fairly likely that WKU will also, if they win out rest of this year. Memphis (a former C-USA member) is enjoying historic success and will be ranked in both polls later today.

The better question is: Why is MT not enjoying solid success in conference championships and attendance? Depending on the reasoning What steps are we taking to make us better? and then going out and proving it on the field of play.

I wish we would get away from playing FCS teams altogether and instead play another MAC, AAC, MWC, or even Sun Belt game. Two power conference teams would fit about right.

BINGO!!! If this isn't the definition of "somber" from the context of a football program, then I will never be sure what is. Someone said there were people making noise and yes that was literally true. But, non verbal emotional (or lack thereof) communication through wholesale fan absences is a much louder noise than the music over the PA system, touchdown siren, Band of Blue, or Mr. Larry Tolbert can make audible. Yesterday was a conference game, near perfect weather for October (though FIU's kicker may disagree with the breeze as he missed an extra point), no UT Football on TV to compete against or for that matter Vanderbilt, and it was HOF Day. Really all ingredients were there except fans. We even won (though it was more viewed as getting by, rather than an outstanding performance) Are we an attractive entertainment option or are we a solid football team that is competitive in the upper echelons of C-USA. Sadly, No.

The fan/community engagement part and school spirit thing has to be fixed to win fans back over to the Blue Raiders. Short of winning out and winning our bowl, it can't be done inside of 2015; with that the best possible outcome is 9-4 as of today. That might do it in momentum going into 2016. But, based on what I saw on the field of play yesterday, see two maybe three losses looming ahead the horizon. That would translate to 6-6 or 5-7. Another lost year. If we went 7-5 (which requires us to go 4-1 in our final five to end the regular season) would be seen as "holding serve". No additional damage done, but no real progress as well. That's where we are!

Marketing. mehh. You can not lay this at the feet of those people or those who have come or gone. You gotta win.
Yeah, nobody wants to watch a 2-4 team - and that feeling is compounded when the team gets blown out by a conference rival the week before.

No it's not all forgotten. It just doesn't do any good to bitch and moan every day and every thread about how we suck and can't win at home. We won at home yesterday. Wait until the next time we crap the bed to bring it up. Just doesn't make sense. It's like our "fans" have to find something to complain about. "Yeah, we won, but it wasn't by enough points." "Yeah, we won, but my hot chocolate was lukewarm. Fire Stock!!" Yeah, losing sucks. When we lose again, have a field day. But after a good win is asinine. Bitching to bitch and bitching about games from 8 years ago is stupid.

And it's comments like yours that make me wish you would follow through with your threats and find another team to "support".

My we've come so far. Our fans referring to barely beating FIU as a "good win"

Me and you sir are just not on the same planet and have completely different expectations of this team and program, end of story.

A win is a win. We held the lead at home against a good team by C-USA standards. I expect to win or at least compete in every game. I hate losing; can't stand it. I hate finishing 6-6. I would love to be 9-3, 10-2 every year, but I'm also realistic. I'm not an immature kid that takes my ball and goes home when we don't win every game or don't win by enough. I realize that withholding money will not fix anything; it will only make it worse. If we do buy Stock's contract out one day, where will that money come from if everyone does what you do and withhold funds? How will the BRAA continue to offer scholarships and COA?

As I've said before; do what you have to do. I just get tired of the same crap in every thread.

If you all keep making excuses for the athletic program and cry like babies about disgruntled fans then get used to this:

CRh8JQyWUAEkZEH.jpg:large

A win is a win. We held the lead at home against a good team by C-USA standards. I expect to win or at least compete in every game. I hate losing; can't stand it. I hate finishing 6-6. I would love to be 9-3, 10-2 every year, but I'm also realistic. I'm not an immature kid that takes my ball and goes home when we don't win every game or don't win by enough. I realize that withholding money will not fix anything; it will only make it worse. If we do buy Stock's contract out one day, where will that money come from if everyone does what you do and withhold funds? How will the BRAA continue to offer scholarships and COA?

As I've said before; do what you have to do. I just get tired of the same crap in every thread.

Are you implying that people should blindly support the program regardless of the results because withholding money will not fix anything? That's a very interesting perspective. I would ask you, what have all these donations and support done to help the program over the last decade since Stock arrived? What results and progress have been tangibly achieved? Is the product and talent of the team we are putting on the field today any better than it was in 2006? What kind of results are we achieving now versus 2006? (Hell, we are going backwards if anything???)

I personally believe this program and staff has had ample opportunity and support to move the program forward. People have continually supported via BRAA/season tickets and came to the games only to be let down time and time again, year after year. Do you seriously expect people to just continue blindly supporting the program despite a lack of results? Let me ask, do you keep investing in a stock (no pun intended) portfolio that continues to underachieve after a decade? Don't be such a sucker.

It's time to give someone else a chance. It's not my fault (nor yours or anybody elses...only our AD) that Massaro made it economically impossible to get a new head coach for the next 8 years. I'm not going to keep my mouth shut and just happily go along with Stock and his staff just because we have no other choice. Maybe Massaro needs to go as well if he cannot responsibly negotiate contracts with our head football coach. He left himself no way out with the current deal and the team and program is gonna pay for it because you better believe those stands are gonna remain empty as they should.

I know what we have on our team. Too much talent to be 3-4 right now. When I watch Memphis go from nothing to beating ranked teams in three years it brings things into perspective real fast!

Coach needs to go 5 -1 or better the rest of the season or some changes need to be made. I have given more than enough rope. I saw an unprepared team take the field 8 days ago.

First of all, we did get a win. FIU is a quality win because of 5 reasons.

1. They had a better record than us.
2. Their D is one of the better D's in the conference.
3. They beat us last year.
4. We stopped the bleeding and got it done in an away environment. (no people in the stands.)
5. It was a conference win. FIU is a decent team. Their passing attack is 41st and their D is good. Especially against the run. The good news is that we ran on them. Des and Kamani are good RB's.

Any team that puts up 53 points on a conference opponent needs to be respected.

Look, I'm not happy with the state of things. I don't think any Raider fan is. But this was a good and much needed win.

If we won out, I would be freaking ecstatic. With this schedule, you'd have to be. Come on. If we got to be bowl eligible with this schedule, I would be happy. I'll tell you why. Go look at Marshall's schedule. Who the hell have they played? Sheesh. They are still a conference threat but their road has been much easier than ours. However, they did get the win over a big ten team. We didn't. Illinois is a much better team than Purdue is though.

6-6 wouldn't be good or great but would still be a hell of a lot better than 2011.

7-5 would be good considering where we've been this season.

8-4 would be great! Break a 3 game losing streak and win out. If anybody on here still b!tched if that happened, I'd have to call for a ban.

Going to a bowl and winning it would be pretty awesome. How could you not like a bowl win if we got it? I'm a MT fan. I'm ride or die. I'm not happy with the culture we have at the moment and the contract extensions that Stock has are ridiculous. Massaro should be gone for inking that deal alone. Just a bad biz move that can cause stagnation. Coaches should know that if they are losing, heat should be applied. 2023 is not applying heat, it's arctic blast of wind that basically chains us to a ball if things get worse and trust me, they can.

We'll see what happens. I'll be back there in 3 weeks to see if we can beat Marshall. Having a week to heal up after tech will be good.

Freshman QB with more talent than our older backup... I'll take winning a game we're not supposed to right now... As of now we've yet to accomplish such a feat this year.

Id like to make a bowl game b/c there are 80 of them!!! but the tie ins are not falling our way unless we beat someone of note.

If you all keep making excuses for the athletic program and cry like babies about disgruntled fans then get used to this:

CRh8JQyWUAEkZEH.jpg:large
Who is making excuses and who is crying? You can have your opinion, as I have mine. Like I said, I just get tired of seeing the same crap in every thread, especially after a win.

And your post doesn't make sense; why should I get used to seeing the stadium like your pic because of what I post?

Are you implying that people should blindly support the program regardless of the results because withholding money will not fix anything? That's a very interesting perspective. I would ask you, what have all these donations and support done to help the program over the last decade since Stock arrived? What results and progress have been tangibly achieved? Is the product and talent of the team we are putting on the field today any better than it was in 2006? What kind of results are we achieving now versus 2006? (Hell, we are going backwards if anything???)

I personally believe this program and staff has had ample opportunity and support to move the program forward. People have continually supported via BRAA/season tickets and came to the games only to be let down time and time again, year after year. Do you seriously expect people to just continue blindly supporting the program despite a lack of results? Let me ask, do you keep investing in a stock (no pun intended) portfolio that continues to underachieve after a decade? Don't be such a sucker.

It's time to give someone else a chance. It's not my fault (nor yours or anybody elses...only our AD) that Massaro made it economically impossible to get a new head coach for the next 8 years. I'm not going to keep my mouth shut and just happily go along with Stock and his staff just because we have no other choice. Maybe Massaro needs to go as well if he cannot responsibly negotiate contracts with our head football coach. He left himself no way out with the current deal and the team and program is gonna pay for it because you better believe those stands are gonna remain empty as they should.

I've never said blindly support. And your comparison of a stock is not relevant. I don't give money expecting to get anything other than entertainment in return, and that is what I get from going to the games. I enjoy the hell out of the games, and Coach's Show, tailgating, etc. and being loyal to the team and supporting my university. That's what I get out of it.

We have an average and mediocre record under Stock. We've won some huge games and lost more. He's .500 so it could be a lot worse. I'll continue to give and continue to up my donation each year because we are behind in facilities and I enjoy doing so. I'm not asking you to give, but don't call me a sucker for doing something I enjoy.

And I don't care if you are negative; we are all down about the Western blowout. Again, I just get tired of seeing it in every thread. Especially after a win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT