ADVERTISEMENT

WatchESPN, ESPN3, and ESPN+

MTFNBY5

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2005
In preparation for the upcoming FB season I just, for the first time since BkB season (don't watch much sports between the end of college BkB and the start of the next FB season), tried to get on my WatchESPN site on my Roku. Noticed several changes and, if possible, could someone more adapt than me explain what I must do to watch FB games this year?

I noticed that a few MT games are on ESPN3 and a few others are on ESPN+. What do I have to do to watch MT games which are streaming on ESPN as I have in the past? Thanks so much.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Doubt I'll purchase the ESPN+ crap. I have a website where I can watch basically anything on tv for free. I will link it below but I strongly encourage you to not use it unless you are somewhat savvy with computers. There are a lot of pop ups that try to get you to install intrusive software. If you want to try and utilize the website, make sure you close all advertisements and NEVER install anything it tells you to install (not even flash). The website offers every sporting event you could ever imagine, including PPV events. It's amazing to watch all the expensive boxing and UFC matches.

https://www.vipleague.lc/

Insider and ESPN+ merged. I got a whole year of both for $29.99. I think either today or yesterday was last day of promotion. But if you can find it thats worth it. I mean $2.50 a month...

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Doubt I'll purchase the ESPN+ crap. I have a website where I can watch basically anything on tv for free. I will link it below but I strongly encourage you to not use it unless you are somewhat savvy with computers. There are a lot of pop ups that try to get you to install intrusive software. If you want to try and utilize the website, make sure you close all advertisements and NEVER install anything it tells you to install (not even flash). The website offers every sporting event you could ever imagine, including PPV events. It's amazing to watch all the expensive boxing and UFC matches.

https://www.vipleague.lc/
Just watched a game tonight. Great feed

Reactions: MTOleBlue
A HOW TO GUIDE FOR ESPN+
What is ESPN+?
It is a direct-to-consumer (no cable or satellite subscription needed) streaming service that will cost $4.99 per month. ESPN+ was integrated as part of a completely redesigned ESPN App (and also via ESPN.com). Subscribers will receive thousands of additional live events, and original shows and films, and an on-demand library, which is not available on ESPN's linear TV or digital networks. ESPN+ will not include access to stream ESPN's existing, linear networks (which will continue to be available via "TV Everywhere" authenticated streaming).

How much does ESPN+ cost?
ESPN+ costs $4.99 a month ($49.99, if you pay annually). There is a 7-day free trial is available, too.

Does each event on ESPN+ cost $4.99?
No. The $4.99 a month covers all C-USA events and events from other college and pro sports.

Do I have to pay for the ESPN App?
The ESPN App is still free, and you still get all the same news, info, highlights and audio as always – with a new, enhanced design. Users can still stream ESPN networks with a pay TV subscription, for no additional cost. Users also have a new option to subscribe directly to ESPN+ — which contains 1000's of additional live events, on demand content and shows — not available on ESPN's traditional TV networks.

How do I subscribe to ESPN+ and where can I watch it?
A subscription to ESPN+ is available for purchase via the ESPN App and ESPN.com, and fans can only access ESPN+ content after they have subscribed.

What are the ESPN+ supported devices?
A subscriber can watch ESPN+ in the Watch tab of the latest version of the ESPN App, available on the web, iPhone, iPad, tvOS, Android Handset, Roku, Chromecast and FireTV.

How do I log in?
Log in using your current ESPN account, or, on desktop, create a new account via the user icon, or, on mobile, upon arrival to the ESPN App. You will be prompted to log in or create a new account when purchasing a subscription.

How do I change my ESPN.com credentials (username/password)?
Change credentials on ESPN.com by accessing the user avatar in the upper right corner of the web site after signing in.

How do I allow another one of my devices to access ESPN+?
To allow another of your devices to access ESPN+, sign in on that device with your ESPN.com account username and password. If you have purchased ESPN+ via in-app purchasing on Apple, Google or Amazon devices, you will need to first link your ESPN+ purchase to your ESPN.com account in the ESPN App before you can access ESPN+ on other devices platforms. You can create an ESPN.com account for free by clicking on the login link on ESPN.com.

What quality are ESPN+ streams?
ESPN+ video streams in high definition at 60 frames per second.

Can I watch multiple ESPN+ streams?
Yes, you can access five streams from ESPN+ at any one time. Plus, as a subscriber, you can pause, rewind, or restart anything you're watching live through ESPN+.

Not a fan at all of ESPN+, its basically paying extra for what was included in a cable package when it was ESPN3, which was kind of crappy on a good day. If its a game of any sort of significance it will be on an actual TV station, if not I will find a feed somewhere or just listen on the radio.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT