ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL VCU's student section

C-Bow

Hall of Famer
Staff
Dec 5, 2005
www.gomiddle.com
Saw a tweet today that their student section "The Rowdy Rams" are wanting to bring in a bunch of pots and pans to the game Saturday to mess with Giddy.

Wow, that's so original! They've got some bright bulbs over in Richmond!

Say what you will (it's definitely unoriginal), but their student section is one of the best in the country. Should be a raucous crowd.
It always is. I think they've sold out every game for the last several years. Their arena is a lot like Duke's ... small, jam-packed arena and loud crowd.

Reactions: C-Bow
Reading that message board, I feel like I am on Hilltopper Haven and my computer is going to get a virus any minute.

No wonder ODU fans hate them so much.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Meanwhile in the MT student section:

Sleepingstudents.jpg

That picture could also apply to our season ticket holder sections...and I'm saying that as a season ticket holder.

I went back and watched some of the recording of the Vandy game last night. The crowd was great in number but I so wish more of our fans would understand when to be on their feet for key defensive possessions or when we can smell blood in the water. We had so many times in that Vandy game where we would score and have Vandy on the cusp of being completely run out of the Murphy Center, and fans would give our basket a short ovation and then quiet back down while Vandy went on offense. Those are the possessions where an opponent should have to run their offense in the midst of a wall of noise.

Bottom line is not enough people care about it to the extent that those of us on the boards do.

As to the VCU student section: I've always wished MT had a student section similar to VCU and most of the schools in the MVC. I could be wrong but no $#&-major schools in the South come to mind as having such devotion. It's almost as if the reason students attend those schools is to attend basketball games (similar to Duke).

Gotta see going to games as fun entertainment - something MT students obviously don't.

Reactions: MTOleBlue and C-Bow
The fan base needs an infusion of young blood. Too many gray hairs and no hairs as a percentage of the fan base. Hopefully the ones who were there to see the commodores humiliated in a spectacular fashion will be back and bring some friends.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT